Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 03:39 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Could someone that is for open borders please explain how that is good for the country? In what ways is it good to have open borders to allow all these illegal aliens into the country?
It's good for bleeding hearts without a brain in their heads, those who profit from illegal aliens and those who have ethnic ties to them. The rest of us be damned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 03:43 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Can Americans go over to Canada and get free benefits just by stepping foot into their country?
Canada has a much better safety net than the US but maybe you should look into that.

Have you guys ever heard of an airplane, visa overstays, tunnels, climbing, border crossings, etc? I think the phrase, "work smarter, not harder" comes to mind for me in this posting.

Old 12-18-2021, 03:43 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
White House already screaming racism…on que
Lol, that's the one that really blows my mind when I hear it. We have illegals here from all over the world and yet we also have immigrants here legally from all over the world. If it were racism then why wouldn't we object to the latter to? Illegal alien isn't a race anyway it's an unlawful presence in our country. Who do these race card pullers think they are fooling?

Old 12-18-2021, 03:44 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's good for bleeding hearts without a brain in their heads, those who profit from illegal aliens and those who have ethnic ties to them. The rest of us be damned!
I'm with you. I always run out reps for you.

Old 12-18-2021, 03:49 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
White House already screaming racism…on que
They will scream "racism." But nobody - not even the most radical left Democrat - wants the United States to turn into a Latin American country.

The doublethink is all too real.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Where the good walls have already been built they have already proven to work yet that poster still remains in denial? He definately has a vested interest in illegal immigration.
Yeah, they work as long as illegal immigrants don't have a rope ladder. I guess you hope they quickly give up after looking at the wall and have nothing to get up and over it.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:03 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I'm following in the whole wall build story.
It is just so interesting with the Steve Bannon grift, the Mexico promises to pay, the trump campaign priority and then so little done. The moving of the goal post is particularity funny to follow.

The whole story from the beginning is fascinating to me.
And here is another chapter.
Very entertaining.
ETA: Joe biden is not part of this story. He has no interest and has said so.

it is interesting!

Perhaps "border security including some # of miles of wall" should have been a higher priority beginning Jan '17. The R's held slim leads in the House & Senate.

We know ending the ACA was #1. Tried and failed, though it was certainly reined in (the individual mandate).

The Tax Cuts were also a priority.

of course there were a couple of EO's in the first 60 days regarding immigration. And in September 17, they moved to end DACA (or at least, no new applications).

Old 12-18-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Yes. that is terrible, I agree.
I don't think a wall will make any difference.

And none of my comments are snarky.
They are my opinions mixed in with facts.
Please reread. I am all for Texas paying for what ever wall they want.
are you in favor of enforcing the laws on the books?

If no, which immigration laws do you think should change?

Old 12-18-2021, 04:07 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Mexico was helping to pay for it via tariffs. I have provided the link many times but these fools still keep spouting that same old line. Politicians can't always keep their campaign promises even when they try. What difference does it make who pays for the wall anyway since it's well needed and very effective? I wonder what price these fools want to put on our nation's security?

I'll bet none of them complained back in 2006 when 700 miles of inferior fencing was built under Obama, compliments of the taxpayer. What hypocrites they are!
But Bush, not Obama was president in 2006. At least give rightful discredit for something to one of the worst presidents in modern history.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yeah, and Trump was just kidding around to get votes when he said Mexico would pay the expenses for building the wall.

It's a good thing Canadians are reputed to be a lot nicer, more advanced people or you would be clamoring for a wall to be built across the border with Canada, another quite costly expense. Who ever heard of a Canadian coming across the border to harm anybody?
it would be an interesting poll to see, in 2016, who planned on voting for Trump because he proclaimed "We'll make Mexico pay for it" ... rather than the concept of improving immigration enforcement and better securing the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies