Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 04:49 AM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
If anyone had to guess at the amounts he got from CNN and NBC?
I know this- 10% of that asked for is a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 05:25 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Catholic School kids were waiting for a bus in DC and they were being verbally attacked by the Black Hebrew Israelites (adults) yelling at them to go back to Europe and "inbreed" and so-on. Then some crazy Indian ran up and started pounding a drum in one of the children's faces (Sandman) and he just stood there not really knowing what to do other than smile at the Indian nutcase. The media said the child was "disrespecting" the Indian! I kid you not. So you have school kids being verbally attacked by a black racist group and some crazy Indian running up to them pounding a drum, but the kids are "bad" according to ALL media outlets except Fox. Interesting isn't it. I really hope they POUND NPR!!!! They are horrible!

Which was the perfect reaction .

Old 12-19-2021, 05:33 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
First off, nobody even the conservatives who wanted the plaintiff to "stick it to the libs" would honestly think he would get anything over 10m regardless of how "right" he was and how "wrong" the media was.
Second off, I don't know how much this would impact his future. It could, of course. That said, he was what no older than 18 for that day and if he REALLY did nothing wrong in it, he wouldn't have to worry about how people see him through the incident for work. Plus he did work the McConnell re-election campaign, so is he really hurting for work?

80m way too much, even if sued for 257m. That said, I do not see him getting more than 1m and that is before lawyer fees.

They are rare because it has to show blatant disregard of the facts. I find this situation as a bit more of that than typical media reporting. Perhaps with social media being able to show the "full story", more of these can happen.

As for me not wanting to give in to the cheering right wingers, that isn't the case. I think that these can bite conservatives in the butt, especially with Alex Jones losing some of his Newtown lawsuits. I imagine someone who has been wronged by Fox is looking to lawyer up now to get a similar paycheck. If only David Hodges was as thin-skinned as this plaintiff with all the baseless attacks he had...

Why are you putting it that way?

What is it you think he could have done wrong ?

Smile ?

Old 12-19-2021, 05:41 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
The left is always trying to downplay the money amount that was settled on even though they have no idea. Regardless of the amount whether it was 1 million or 100 million, the truth came out regarding what low lives the vast majority of news media are including newspapers, magazines, online news and major TV networks, especially CNN, probably the biggest loser.
They will not only lie about news stories they are covering but actually make up stories and have no problem at all attempting to destroy lives, even a kid's life to promote their agenda. It exposed these news outlets for who they are to millions of Americans who previously didn't want to believe it.

Old 12-19-2021, 05:49 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
This kid is aptly named. He's putting these creeps to sleep with knockout blows. NBC....say goodnight, baby. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of scumbags.
lol.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:02 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
They are rare because it has to show blatant disregard of the facts. I find this situation as a bit more of that than typical media reporting. Perhaps with social media being able to show the "full story", more of these can happen.

As for me not wanting to give in to the cheering right wingers, that isn't the case. I think that these can bite conservatives in the butt, especially with Alex Jones losing some of his Newtown lawsuits. I imagine someone who has been wronged by Fox is looking to lawyer up now to get a similar paycheck. If only David Hodges was as thin-skinned as this plaintiff with all the baseless attacks he had...
1. "bit more", it was the reckless one-sided portrayal of a non-famous minor. It was egregious, they ran an obviously clipped video from one side. Additional commentator comments about how bad he is, how they'd like to punch him in the face, etc. etc. from the various networks were the cherry on top.

2. David Hogg? Terrible comparison as he made himself a public figure and isn't a minor. Once you are a public figure by your own accord like getting into politics, you're open to much much wider allowable commentary. P.S. This is why politicians family members (especially kids) get hit with awful stuff and there is no lawsuit.

3. The Newton parents? Excellent comparison to Covington and Jones deserved to get rocked over that. Jones at this point should be uninsurable and so he's going to have to stick to lying about politicians and space rays causing tornados etc. or he's going to get smushed next time around.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:05 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
First off, nobody even the conservatives who wanted the plaintiff to "stick it to the libs" would honestly think he would get anything over 10m regardless of how "right" he was and how "wrong" the media was.
Second off, I don't know how much this would impact his future. It could, of course. That said, he was what no older than 18 for that day and if he REALLY did nothing wrong in it, he wouldn't have to worry about how people see him through the incident for work. Plus he did work the McConnell re-election campaign, so is he really hurting for work?

80m way too much, even if sued for 257m. That said, I do not see him getting more than 1m and that is before lawyer fees.

Can you even guess the profits from advertising CNN and NBC made with the constant repeating of this DELIBERATE and INTENTIONAL misinformation and the leftist audience clamoring for MORE MORE and MORE???

This was not a case of oops, my bad, we dropped the ball by mistake.

It was 1000% INTENTIONAL. They had the full video.

I'm guessing high double-digit millions settlement.

The MSMs do not want to end up in court. AND with 2 lawsuits settled, the next outlet he sues will fold like a card table.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1. "bit more", it was the reckless one-sided portrayal of a non-famous minor. It was egregious, they ran an obviously clipped video from one side. Additional commentator comments about how bad he is, how they'd like to punch him in the face, etc. etc. from the various networks were the cherry on top.

2. David Hogg? Terrible comparison as he made himself a public figure and isn't a minor. Once you are a public figure by your own accord like getting into politics, you're open to much much wider allowable commentary. P.S. This is why politicians family members (especially kids) get hit with awful stuff and there is no lawsuit.

3. The Newton parents? Excellent comparison to Covington and Jones deserved to get rocked over that. Jones at this point should be uninsurable and so he's going to have to stick to lying about politicians and space rays causing tornados etc. or he's going to get smushed next time around.
Methinks that poster doesn't have any facts.

They clearly have no idea what happened and are just reacting to the MSM talking points of what was presented about what happened.

It's a shame truth is no longer sought after by many.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:28 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
KEY POINT

Given all the outrageous garbage that gets put up the media about various politicians, their family members, celebrities, talking heads and whatnot....

THINK about just how bad and unfair coverage has to be to get a (by experts estimate 7-figure) settlement out of 3 (and counting) major news outlets.

Similar mass media victims in recent years include Duke Lacrosse, Richard Jewel and then some more limited cases where just one outlet was the primary offender like Alex JOnes or Rolling stone.

Old 12-19-2021, 11:23 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I just love he is making millions from these leftist fake media outlets that are destroying the US! Next up NPR and the rest of them!!!! Well done. Wonder how much he is really going to be worth when this is all done!?!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nichol...-covington-kid

Looking forward to Rittenhouse making his millions and millions. He is being stopped from being a nurse due to schools not allowing him entrance. WOW!!! Maybe he can open his own hospital after he and his Attorny's get done with the leftist media machine!
good- the wokesters will never learn, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies