Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 09:40 AM

17,358 posts, read 14,613,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not really. Just because , allegedly, they do it at a lesser rate does it negate the fact that they can , in fact, spread it.
The CDC is saying that if you get omicron, you're spreading it. Vaccinated, asymptomatic, whatever ... you're spreading it.

Everything we thought we knew about covid is out the window with omicron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Wishing the same humility to find you also sir!
I've had covid.

I'm good.

Old 12-22-2021, 09:58 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I just wonder how many people believe this. Joy Behar said on The View that if everyone got vaccinated this would all be over. Many people I know believe this also. If most people who aren’t vaccinated don’t have Covid then how are they spreading it?
Those would be the morons that don't understand leaky vax's and how virus's mutate under pressure, ADE, having animal vectors and that the common cold is a coronavirus.

Old 12-22-2021, 10:10 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I've had covid.

I'm good.
You are not immune.

Old 12-22-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You are not immune.
That poster was basically saying they wished I got covid. I simply let them know that I've had it.

But I probably have more immunity against omicron than someone who's been vaccinated.

Old 12-22-2021, 10:23 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
One would have to think that much of this paranoia is due to how polarized we've become as a society. Adding to that the constant bombardment of fear mongering from the media, additional polarization from social media, and coming up on two years of dealing with this virus we have China to thank for. Our society seems to have lost it's way to collectively , rationally think. We've become a nation that is split. One side welcomes being told what to do, and will question nothing, and will turn on their fellow citizen in a heartbeat. Another side digs their heels in the sand at the slightest hint of being told what to do. And a small group just wants to utilize logic and critical thinking to work through this.
This whole thing is just a total mess.
The misinformation from all directions, the fear mongering from certain factions of the government, on top of the pre-existing polarization of the people. It’s just a complete clusterbleep. The ship doesn’t stay on course.
It’s like a squirrel in the road.
If you dig deep enough you can find the truth, but if your “truth” doesn’t align with the other “truth”, it’s immediately dismissed as conspiracy nonsense, uneducated knuckle draggers and whatnot. It would be so much easier if the government just came clean and were honest with us. But they’re not, and they can’t.
There’s so much more invested in this virus that there really can’t be any adjusting of course.
And people that are just so blindly one sided is really frustrating, probably the most frustrating part of all of this.

I’m not anti-vax, by any means. But is has clearly been debunked as not being a silver bullet. That is 100% fact. The continued villainizing of people that don’t want to vax, for whatever their reasons, is just sickening(no pun). That in and of itself is driving a deep wedge between the people and in my opinion completely and disgustingly irresponsible by our government. Facts are facts.
Covid is behaving like the flu. No cure, therapy. It mutates as it goes along. People get sick, some get really sick, and yeah some die. But it’s not this across the board instant death sentence. The overwhelming majority of people catch it and make a full recovery. Just like the flu. If you want the shot, get it. If you don’t, then don’t.
These mandates are just ridiculous at this point, as is the constant attacks on unvaxxed people.

Old 12-22-2021, 10:30 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
This whole thing is just a total mess.
The misinformation from all directions, the fear mongering from certain factions of the government, on top of the pre-existing polarization of the people. It’s just a complete clusterbleep. The ship doesn’t stay on course.
It’s like a squirrel in the road.
If you dig deep enough you can find the truth, but if your “truth” doesn’t align with the other “truth”, it’s immediately dismissed as conspiracy nonsense, uneducated knuckle draggers and whatnot. It would be so much easier if the government just came clean and were honest with us. But they’re not, and they can’t.
There’s so much more invested in this virus that there really can’t be any adjusting of course.
And people that are just so blindly one sided is really frustrating, probably the most frustrating part of all of this.

I’m not anti-vax, by any means. But is has clearly been debunked as not being a silver bullet. That is 100% fact. The continued villainizing of people that don’t want to vax, for whatever their reasons, is just sickening(no pun). That in and of itself is driving a deep wedge between the people and in my opinion completely and disgustingly irresponsible by our government. Facts are facts.
Covid is behaving like the flu. No cure, therapy. It mutates as it goes along. People get sick, some get really sick, and yeah some die. But it’s not this across the board instant death sentence. The overwhelming majority of people catch it and make a full recovery. Just like the flu. If you want the shot, get it. If you don’t, then don’t.
These mandates are just ridiculous at this point, as is the constant attacks on unvaxxed people.
Couldn't rep you again, but well said.

Old 12-22-2021, 11:02 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
No. It is the vaccines we were promised to provide immunity - instead diminishing effectiveness...if that.

We were lied to.
No, you were not paying attention or intentionally distort the claims.
The vaccines provide an increased level of immunity but do not provide absolute immunity. Furthermore, once vaccinated, a person has a lower risk of getting so sick that they have to enter a hospital or die from the virus. There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus that was 100% effective or close to the effectiveness of other bacterial or viral vaccines. It was assumed early on that booster shots were going to be needed.

It is hopeful that the virus will mutate and eventually closely resemble the common cold in its level of risk and effects. Some Omicron mutations seem to be moving in that direction.

Old 12-22-2021, 11:07 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
That poster was basically saying they wished I got covid. I simply let them know that I've had it.
Ok, I get that.

I would not wish it on anyone, and I would not wish anyone get re-infected either.
Quote:
But I probably have more immunity against omicron than someone who's been vaccinated.
I hope so. It pays to be cautious, but I certainly wish you the best. Take care of yourself.

Happy holidays.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:41 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You are not immune.

You aren't immune with all the shots either, so what?
Save me the backpedaling nonsense that you get a less severe case if you are vaccinated, everyones case is different.

you can catch and spread covid with and without the vaccine(s).
some cases will be mild with and without the vaccine(s), all cases are different.

some cases will be deadly with and without the vaccine(s), all cases are different.

Everything is on the table with this man made virus from Fauci.

Ive also had covid, I prefer whatever natural immunity I've gained than whatever those experimental drugs/shots offer and freedom of choice because this is the US, not North Korea.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 12-22-2021 at 01:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies