Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2021, 11:57 AM

1,926 posts, read 557,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
YES

These people go around intentionally coughing on people to spread it. Trump got the vaccine and booster and is now pushing for his followers to do the same but they won't.
Kind of punches a hole in the term "his followers" doesn't it. People talk about 'Trumpers', while having no idea what they are talking about.
Quote:
Stop treating the unvaccinated and clogging the ERs.
How about just stop treating everybody, then hospitals will have no problem. Fire them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 12:00 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So far we have had more covid deaths among a majority vaccinated US than we did in 2020 with a no one vaccinated US.

Seems the more we vaccinate/boost the higher the surges are.
I read something yesterday questioning the number of shots and what it may do to your immune system.
Jury is still out on that because this is all so new ...there is no history...mRNA vaccines is forging a new path.
We had many, many more restrictions in 2020, air travel was non-existent, remote learning, work from home, travel came to a stand still and restaurants take out only. Completely different in 2021 and a large majority of deaths are the unvaccinated.

Almost 5 billion vaccinated world wide and the issues with the vaccine are well documented and ee have over a year of history.

Old 12-26-2021, 02:59 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
BS argument.
Murderes and rapists also think differently. Doesn't mean that they are right.

Unvaccinated are wrong period.
They talk about unhealthy people....they are wrong too.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

If there was a bill to ban or put a health tax on junk food...these people would again be the first to speak against it saying freedom and other nonsense.

Fact is that there is no absolute freedom in this world. You get influenced by your surroundings. If you have an icecream shop beside your home, the number of times you have ice-cream would increase. It's psychology 101. Genes is nothing but impact of surroundings for a very long time.
Lol, whatever you say. Enjoyed the pretzel logic though, it was entertaining.

Old 12-26-2021, 03:33 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
We know that is false. Behar is just another idiot celebrity.

Old 12-26-2021, 03:58 PM

1,926 posts, read 557,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We had many, many more restrictions in 2020, air travel was non-existent, remote learning, work from home, travel came to a stand still and restaurants take out only. Completely different in 2021 and a large majority of deaths are the unvaccinated.

Almost 5 billion vaccinated world wide and the issues with the vaccine are well documented and ee have over a year of history.
"Omicron appears to have evolved separately from the Delta variant, descending from another strain that appeared in mid-2020. Some scientists speculate it may have accumulated so many changes while evolving for months in animals or an immunocompromised person.

"The Omicron variant is the most divergent variant that has been detected in significant numbers during the pandemic so far which raises serious concerns that it may be associated with significant reduction in vaccine effectiveness and increased risk for reinfections," European health officials said on November 26."

The 5 billion vaccinated world wide and the well documented issues with the vaccine and a year of history did not contemplate Omicron. Yet, Fauci says 'don't worry, the booster will take care of it'.

But then: "Dr. Fauci, the president's chief medical adviser, said on December 7 that figures from South Africa on hospitalizations appeared promising, but he and other experts have pointed to factors that could distort comparisons to prior waves: cases tend to be younger and may have widespread immunity from vaccines or from surviving a prior infection."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-o...-states-world/

We're still in a learning curve.

Old 12-26-2021, 05:44 PM

31 posts, read 32,187 times
I caught the flu last week, and due to the company I work for Covid policy, I had to get a negative test before returning to work. When the covid testing tech finished explaining the procedure to me, I asked the tech how they know what version of Covid I have. You know, the number the news media tells us everyday that there are "X" number of new Omicron cases yesterday. The test technician said there is no test for Covid I, Delta or Omicron. I asked her how they count the new cases reported everyday, her reply was I have no idea but there is no test to separate the 3.

So my conclusion is, the only way the health authorities can seperate the 3 different strains is of they look at a mouth swab of an infected carrier under a microscope. Most of this being reported by the news media is mostly BS. I do not give a rats ass about what other people think as once you give up your freedom of choice, you will never get it back in a million years.

Old 12-26-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
"Omicron appears to have evolved separately from the Delta variant, descending from another strain that appeared in mid-2020. Some scientists speculate it may have accumulated so many changes while evolving for months in animals or an immunocompromised person.

"The Omicron variant is the most divergent variant that has been detected in significant numbers during the pandemic so far which raises serious concerns that it may be associated with significant reduction in vaccine effectiveness and increased risk for reinfections," European health officials said on November 26."

The 5 billion vaccinated world wide and the well documented issues with the vaccine and a year of history did not contemplate Omicron. Yet, Fauci says 'don't worry, the booster will take care of it'.

But then: "Dr. Fauci, the president's chief medical adviser, said on December 7 that figures from South Africa on hospitalizations appeared promising, but he and other experts have pointed to factors that could distort comparisons to prior waves: cases tend to be younger and may have widespread immunity from vaccines or from surviving a prior infection."

Speculation is just that speculation, research and data are another story.

Too early to tell about Omicron, not enough data even from South Africa but we do know it spreads very rapidly. Side effects from the vaccines have been documented and are an extremely small percentage, but if you want to worry about adverse effects from the vaccine then take your chances with Covid.

Old 12-26-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott View Post
I caught the flu last week, and due to the company I work for Covid policy, I had to get a negative test before returning to work. When the covid testing tech finished explaining the procedure to me, I asked the tech how they know what version of Covid I have. You know, the number the news media tells us everyday that there are "X" number of new Omicron cases yesterday. The test technician said there is no test for Covid I, Delta or Omicron. I asked her how they count the new cases reported everyday, her reply was I have no idea but there is no test to separate the 3.

So my conclusion is, the only way the health authorities can seperate the 3 different strains is of they look at a mouth swab of an infected carrier under a microscope. Most of this being reported by the news media is mostly BS. I do not give a rats ass about what other people think as once you give up your freedom of choice, you will never get it back in a million years.
I sincerely doubt that any frontline testing facility can immediately identify the strain, needs to be sent a lab for testing. I know Denmark identifies the strain after testing within 24 hours, we are not at that level.

Old 12-26-2021, 06:08 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
well you're right....most of it is done with computer modeling

it would be impossible to test every sample for variants .... a few samples are sent off for Genomic sequencing....the rest is computer modeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott View Post

Old 12-26-2021, 06:33 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
or a vaccinated person....

the vaccine could knock down the virus....except for the virus that's a little different...omicron

....the vaccine could actually select for a new variant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies