Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 06:15 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
National and state vaccination rates are meaningless. One needs to go to the county level. There are 3000+ counties in the US. Upstate NY trends unvaccinated and hospitalizations began to surge last month.

We have known since mid summer that the efficacy of the vaccine begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark.
The durability of immunity acquired from a prior infection is unknown, especially against newer variants.

Neither the Trump nor Biden Admins anticipated the reluctance to vaccinate to the rate that has happened in some areas.

Seems to me many of those most opposed to the vaccine are also opposed to masking and distancing. At the same time, vaccinated people gather inside with friends/ family despite they may have been vaccinated 10+ months ago.
They didn't anticipate people would be reluctant to take mRNA injections with no long term safety data? How do these people even keep their jobs when they can't foresee the obvious? Since when has the public ever followed health advice in large numbers? Do they lose weight? Do they 'just say no to drugs?' Do they exercise?

That they 'never could have anticipated the resistance' is a talking point. It comes from the same place as all other talking points that find some way to blame human beings for an airborne virus that is nearly impossible to truly vaccinate against, like other coronaviruses. Just like it was impossible to mask and distance against. Because it is literally the air. Wars against air are kind of silly. Blaming humans for losing such a war is cruel.

Blame people who don't 'distance, mask, isolate, and inject.' Blame those who breathe, sing, travel. Moralize medical choices. Moralize illness. Shame and blame. And combine that with the iron fist of mandates---that's the Covid playbook. A disaster---and the fault lies at the top, and with Pharma's injections that don't stop transmission.

The virus is rampant in places with vaccination rates that are nearly 100%, like Cornell. Or sky high vax rates like where I live in Westchester County--somewhere around 90%. They also mask here. Things are closing and cancelling. Even the vax passports in NYC aren't working. Time to just live with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 06:38 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And?

I can actually live my life with no restrictions.

No.

Restrictions.

NY-ers are caged animals, begging for their master to put the lock on.
Hospital administrators around the country are concerned about the surge in cases, asking people to vaccinate and get tested hardly equates to "caged animals".

If you want to ignore the science don't show up in an ICU.

Old 12-19-2021, 06:41 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
No one suggested it will be just NY. The issue we are bringing up is we have been told over and over again if you just do this, then this, then this, then this, then this, all will be well because it will work. Well NY has done all that and it's not working.

Democrats have been demonizing anyone who did not bow at the alter of Covid madness, yet look what's happening where people did. IOW, it doesn't really matter how much you try to hide from Covid. It's going to get you. The odds of dying are minimal if you are not old our have some health issue, but you will get the virus. Now people need to wake up and decide if they are going to live their entire life hiding or will they just say screw it and try to go back to a normal life?
The entire point of this thread was to claim vaccinations don't work in NY even though it's a highly vaccinated state, like I indicated this will likely be worse in states with low vaccination rates and no restrictions. This is not something particular to NY, it will evolve in every state, even your mystery state. The patients filling hospitals are unvaccinated by the way.

Old 12-19-2021, 06:49 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The entire point of this thread was to claim vaccinations don't work in NY even though it's a highly vaccinated state, like I indicated this will likely be worse in states with low vaccination rates and no restrictions. This is not something particular to NY, it will evolve in every state, even your mystery state. The patients filling hospitals are unvaccinated by the way.
This is just a way to deflect. The point of this thread is to show many stubborn people that still cling to the false belief that vaccinated = stopping the virus and that the unvaccinated are the ones “delaying the resumption of society.”

This belief is debunked by what is happening in highly vaccinated places like New York. Clearly, the high infection rate is driven by the vaccinated people, not the unvaccinated ones.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:05 AM

8,410 posts, read 4,571,146 times
Quote:
Hospital administrators around the country are concerned about the surge in cases, asking people to vaccinate and get tested hardly equates to "caged animals".

If you want to ignore the science don't show up in an ICU.

Asking people to vaccinate with a vaccine that doesn't stop transmission hardly equates to a solution.

Also, they aren't asking anymore.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:08 AM

8,410 posts, read 4,571,146 times
Quote:

No, the bolded is the point. It ISN'T worse in states with lower vaccination rates and more restrictions. What IS higher in those states is the economy and general happiness.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:10 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
There is fear. So much fear.

I was fearful for longer than I should have been-- but I made a decision to just live with this. As a society, it is time we cultivated courage with the same fervor we cultivate victimhood.

I actually thought we were more over it in the suburbs than this, but all it takes to trigger panic is some media puppet saying cases are going to rise exponentially forever into the stratosphere, and we're back at square one.

We need to stop testing people who aren't sick.

Exactly and we need to noncomply on a massive scale.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:28 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
National and state vaccination rates are meaningless. One needs to go to the county level. There are 3000+ counties in the US. Upstate NY trends unvaccinated and hospitalizations began to surge last month.

We have known since mid summer that the efficacy of the vaccine begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark.
The durability of immunity acquired from a prior infection is unknown, especially against newer variants.

Neither the Trump nor Biden Admins anticipated the reluctance to vaccinate to the rate that has happened in some areas.

Seems to me many of those most opposed to the vaccine are also opposed to masking and distancing. At the same time, vaccinated people gather inside with friends/ family despite they may have been vaccinated 10+ months ago.
Well, I see you’ve changed your wording very slightly to say immunity from previous infection is unknown (which is not completely true, btw) rather than claiming it won’t be effective against variants. Baby steps, I suppose.

However, there is evidence is showing previous infection is effective against Delta, and I’m not sure why Omicron would be different, as scientists say it’s closer to the original virus.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:29 AM

6,362 posts, read 2,698,793 times
Quote:
So what you want people to get out of this is not that people are refusing to understand that these vaccines, mandates, and shutdowns aren't working. But that they would be worse in states with lower vaccination rates.

Okay if that is what you want to think, explain Florida during its "surge" over the summer. The MSM tried EVERYTHING they could to show how bad Florida was. Yet they didn't shut down. They didn't add any mandates. Now they have some of the most favorable "numbers" in the US.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:31 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
They didn't anticipate people would be reluctant to take mRNA injections with no long term safety data? How do these people even keep their jobs when they can't foresee the obvious? Since when has the public ever followed health advice in large numbers? Do they lose weight? Do they 'just say no to drugs?' Do they exercise?

That they 'never could have anticipated the resistance' is a talking point. It comes from the same place as all other talking points that find some way to blame human beings for an airborne virus that is nearly impossible to truly vaccinate against, like other coronaviruses. Just like it was impossible to mask and distance against. Because it is literally the air. Wars against air are kind of silly. Blaming humans for losing such a war is cruel.

Blame people who don't 'distance, mask, isolate, and inject.' Blame those who breathe, sing, travel. Moralize medical choices. Moralize illness. Shame and blame. And combine that with the iron fist of mandates---that's the Covid playbook. A disaster---and the fault lies at the top, and with Pharma's injections that don't stop transmission.

The virus is rampant in places with vaccination rates that are nearly 100%, like Cornell. Or sky high vax rates like where I live in Westchester County--somewhere around 90%. They also mask here. Things are closing and cancelling. Even the vax passports in NYC aren't working. Time to just live with this.
This needs to be plastered on every Covid thread from here to eternity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies