Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 07:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
sick or tested positive?
If you assume that DeSantis rules means they aren't requiring tests it would highly suggest that the only way people find out they have COVID is because they get sick from COVID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 07:56 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,766,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Location of restaurant and concert, please.

Also: Why would you go to Florida since it's the heathen land of the unvaccinated non restricted?
She wanted to bring the virus to Florida is my guess.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The entire point of this thread was to claim vaccinations don't work in NY even though it's a highly vaccinated state, like I indicated this will likely be worse in states with low vaccination rates and no restrictions. This is not something particular to NY, it will evolve in every state, even your mystery state. The patients filling hospitals are unvaccinated by the way.
Define unvaccinated. Is it:

1 shot
2 shots
3 shots
4 shots
0 shots
Shot status unknown (which as I understand is always an 'unvaccinated' classification)

Which one is it?

Is every hospital using the same rubric?

Are patients who cannot get the shot because they are severely immunocompromised/contraindications removed from the 'unvaccinated' numbers?

No?

Huh.

Still relying on the "scientific data" that cannot even DEFINE this population, let alone collect across the country in a consistent manner?

Old 12-19-2021, 07:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If you assume that DeSantis rules means they aren't requiring tests it would highly suggest that the only way people find out they have COVID is because they get sick from COVID.
What a concept!!!!

Get tested when sick to see what is causing the illness. Shocker.

Not enough Minority Report vibe for you?

Old 12-19-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Location of restaurant and concert, please.

Also: Why would you go to Florida since it's the heathen land of the unvaccinated non restricted?
Sarasota was the city.

And nobody ever said Florida was the heathen land of the unvaccinated.

I've always attested to the fact that while DeSantis fights any mandates because 'Amurica Freedom'...people in Florida don't necessarily heed his words.

I saw masks in stores at the same rate as I do in South Carolina.

WHICH --- in South Carolina -- mask use increases when numbers go up.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:05 AM

8,407 posts, read 4,570,500 times
I never thought I would see the day when Americans would mock the concept of freedom.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:06 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,766,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Sarasota was the city.

And nobody ever said Florida was the heathen land of the unvaccinated.

I've always attested to the fact that while DeSantis fights any mandates because 'Amurica Freedom'...people in Florida don't necessarily heed his words.

I saw masks in stores at the same rate as I do in South Carolina.

WHICH --- in South Carolina -- mask use increases when numbers go up.
Biden has, as has many other Democrats.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:08 AM

366 posts, read 110,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
The usual suspects will be by to tell us that the vaccines only stop you from serious illness and hospitalization, so they're working just fine. Now put your mask on and get your booster.
They always have some half-baked explanation for everything...it gets trotted out ad-nauseum on the propaganda networks and boom, the NPC gets its programming to repeat non stop

Old 12-19-2021, 08:10 AM

Florida is creeping up again too.

Reality....has little to do with the blue v.s. red and more to do with the new variant. THe spread is going to happen, it will be less impactful where people are fully vaccinated. It reduces the hospitalization rate....which is key. Also testing helps.

The rate of positivity will be higher in states that require more rigorous testing. Not sure that is a bad thing.

If I test positive -- with no symptoms, I still can respect others that may have compromised immune, have chosen not to get the vaccine and could be at a higher risk for hospitalization by staying out of public spaces or by choosing to social distance and wear a mask.

Mitigating the spread, reducing the risk for those unvaccinated and immune compromised is the goal.

If you want to fuss about red vs. blue...fine......

Old 12-19-2021, 08:12 AM

366 posts, read 110,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

It's madness in NYC. They are having some kind of melt down over, basically, cases. People don't seem to be very sick. Two hour waits to get Covid tests. Broadway shows with audiences in their seats, sending everyone home. Radio City, cancelled. Nutcracker, cancelled.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/omicro...to-covid-panic

Maybe we need to get Cuomo the Covid Whisperer back?
They always drive panic from NYC/LA and try to spread it everywhere else. In TN there might be 2 people wearing a mask in a crowded mall. We’re done here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies