Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 05:41 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
How can one man take a country as great as the United States of America down so far in under a year?
The decline, relative or not, has been some 30 years in the making. Even during those years, so-called republicans have had majorities in Congress and the presidency all at once, with no meaningful difference in direction.

For a clearer picture, pay no attention to the buffoons in political theater and just take a look at the changes in the major components of the S&P 500 over the past 30 years, nowadays dominated by big tech and big pharma, with big oil and big finance lagging, and industrial companies that actually make things - with the exception of big-tech related - toward the bottom half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 05:45 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I don't like Biden, but covid cases are high because people like freedom. I wouldn't criticize him too much over covid cases because if you really want super low cases, you won't like the type of society we would have to live in. We're talking no large scale gatherings, restaurants closed, sporting events with no crowds, vaccine mandates, etc... Like Spring 2020 basically.
Excellent point!

Biden sucks.

That is beyond dispute.

But I'm not holding him too responsible for the continued covid surge.

Old 12-19-2021, 06:10 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,166,444 times
I knew he'd be bad, but to devastate the country in less than a Year, Wowsie.

Some think - he's doing a wonderful Job.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:57 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Default Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I knew he'd be bad, but to devastate the country in less than a Year, Wowsie.

Some think - he's doing a wonderful Job.
The number is 17%. 17% of those polled said they are better off with Brandon in the wh.

Warning signs are everywhere. https://www.npr.org/2021/12/09/10624...ld-back-better

Old 12-19-2021, 09:42 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The number is 17%. 17% of those polled said they are better off with Brandon in the wh.

Warning signs are everywhere. https://www.npr.org/2021/12/09/10624...ld-back-better
The only references I saw to 17% were these:

Quote:
For the president, there were further signs that voters don't give him credit for the policies of his own administration.

When it came to those direct payments [i.e. the child-tax credit], respondents gave Democrats in Congress a plurality of the credit for getting them to people (40%), while 17%, credited Republicans — even though zero congressional Republicans voted for the March relief bill.

The same percentage — just 17% — felt Biden was most responsible for sending the cash.
Is this what you're referring to? Heck, I'm one of the 17% who gives Biden credit for that. Except, I don't think this makes me better off. I'm assuming that these tax credits are further ballooning the deficit, and I also assume that I'll be stuck paying them back, one way or another. That's why I'm hoarding the payments instead of spending them. So yeah, I'm receiving the money; and yeah, I'll give Biden "credit" for it. But I think this policy, like all his other ones, are making us all worse off.

Old 12-19-2021, 02:15 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
He consistently says and does the worst possible things relative to the problems he has himself created?
I agree. Could it be that since he’s definitely not running again he’s got deals going on that benefit him and his friends and destroy the 99.9%?

Old 12-19-2021, 02:21 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
The decline, relative or not, has been some 30 years in the making. Even during those years, so-called republicans have had majorities in Congress and the presidency all at once, with no meaningful difference in direction.

For a clearer picture, pay no attention to the buffoons in political theater and just take a look at the changes in the major components of the S&P 500 over the past 30 years, nowadays dominated by big tech and big pharma, with big oil and big finance lagging, and industrial companies that actually make things - with the exception of big-tech related - toward the bottom half.
You are correct! It actually started under Reagan, trickle down economics, the firing of the Air Traffic Controller's, attacking the Unions. And the end of defined pensions.

Old 12-19-2021, 04:27 PM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
You are correct! It actually started under Reagan, trickle down economics, the firing of the Air Traffic Controller's, attacking the Unions. And the end of defined pensions.
I was thinking more that it started with the beginnings of the information and telecommunications technology revolution, so yes in the late 1980s, banking deregulation, busting of the telecommunications monopoly and, yes, the decline of unions and the opening up to the global labor pool.

Mr Reagan was an actor in political theater, I don't think he personally knew squat about the information and telecommunications technology revolution.

Old 12-19-2021, 04:31 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
How can one man take a country as great as the United States of America down so far in under a year?
DUH!!! This is what you get when you don't vote for the BEST qualified!! Keep in mind that these guys are JUST GETTING STARTED!!! WINK! WINK!

The Dumb and Dumber billboard photo clearly shows our top "leadership?" I'm still trying to figure out which is which!

Old 12-19-2021, 07:20 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It's nothing but death, despair and division on Biden's watch.

Let's Go Brandon!
It's been nothing but death and despair since March 2020, when Trump was still in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies