Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 10:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Have you known anyone who had Covid, didn’t get vaccinated, had Covid again and died?
I am thinking if there was it would be all over the news but I haven’t read anything. I wish more emphasis would be on this and the fact that it’s rare to get it twice regardless of vaccination.
Yes, precisely what happened to the co-worker of a close friend of mine.

Got COVID, got sick (no hospital). Got COVID again ~3 mos later, hospitalized, died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 10:34 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, precisely what happened to the co-worker of a close friend of mine.

Got COVID, got sick (no hospital). Got COVID again ~3 mos later, hospitalized, died.
that is sad. It is indeed possible to get Covid a 2nd time and have a bad outcome - just like with vaccination.

At the same time, it is more likely that the infection never went away (numerous references to "up to 90 days after initial infection") or this individual was the vast minority case of an insufficient immune system.

We shouldn't all just assume that because we've been infected, we're 100% good to go. There is that 5% chance. What we need is accurate antibody tests ...something that still hasn't happened despite some "any day now!" proclamations.

Old 12-25-2021, 07:43 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,661 times
Quote:
Have you known anyone who had Covid, didn’t get vaccinated, had Covid again and died?
I am thinking if there was it would be all over the news but I haven’t read anything. I wish more emphasis would be on this and the fact that it’s rare to get it twice regardless of vaccination.
The guy in this link was 50-60 years old, had Covid before and recovered. Later got the Omicron variant and died from it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=71f97b423621

Old 12-25-2021, 07:51 AM

2,042 posts, read 854,250 times
The CDC who has been touting reinfection all along, as he had another bogus tool to “encourage” people to get vaccinated despite having had the virus, was recently cornered and asked to present evidence of these reinfection cases. They were pressured pretty hard and I forget what group it was but they weren’t going away until they got the data. The CDC finally came out and admitted they had no documented cases of anyone being reinfected with Covid. There were some suspected cases early on but after further research it was determined they did not have Covid twice.

Most of these cases are just hearsay that you people are posting. “A coworker got Covid“. Unless they had both tests in a hospital setting, it wasn’t likely Covid. Many caught the flu or something else and just assumed it was Covid, they got over it and then later they caught real Covid.

Old 12-25-2021, 08:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
I don't know of anybody who has died from COVID....so not likely I would know someone who had COVID twice and died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies