Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 08:14 PM

38,945 posts, read 50,850,868 times

Advertisements

It's two weeks for a booster appointment near me. A week or so ago it was walk in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 08:16 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They told people not to get J&J now...7 people died.

But it has not been removed from the US market, tho I was talking about being boostered with Pfizer or Moderna after 2 months if they originally got the J&J vaccine. The booster does not have to match the original series & they still need to be counted in the percentage ofc.^^

13,359 posts, read 4,738,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
How much can we still regurgitate this topic?
Everything has been said already. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, don’t!
If you want, get your jab tomorrow. But what’s the point behind this endless stream of hot air? Is anyone going to change their stand based on an article? Really?
I know; I give up. I've had my two shots plus a booster, so I feel pretty safe that, although I may get infected, chances are very good that I won't have more than a mild case. BTW, this is the only thing that Donald Trump and I agree on. He's had Covid, PLUS the vaccine, PLUS the booster.

I do think that unvaccinated people are prolonging this pandemic and that's a shame, but you're right, there's no changing anyone's mind. So let's all get Omicron and let the chips fall where they may.

6,438 posts, read 2,826,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post

Me..I got J&J. I'm either at 78%, 0% or should be dead by now from blood clots exploding in my head.
My 80+ yr old mom and I got J&J initially.

She got a booster, not J&J, I still need to get mine. I dont care which.

Just do something,..lol.

We're both still alive.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:17 PM

15,932 posts, read 12,176,639 times
It's likely I will get my booster tomorrow, but I'm incentivized because I can take off work the following day, giving me the entire week off as a result. I'm not going to abuse covid leave policy as much as some do, taking off entire long weekends of 36 hours, but I want some bone thrown at me... 12 hours off will do.

I don't believe in the vaccine conspiracy theories. I do believe in the right to choose. Get it or not, I don't care. I don't want to feel like crap for a day or two over my Christmas vacation when I used my own vacation time, so it's either give me a day off work with no punishment where I can lay around feeling crappy, or I won't get the booster.

It has been exactly 8 months since dose 2 for me.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:22 PM

4,058 posts, read 4,099,049 times
Make sure you get your 5 years old the vaccine shots. They are safe. Just trust the big pharma and FDA since they cannot allow us to see the test data.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:26 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,622,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Not sure how they define a booster for those few who are getting their first ever shot this late in the game.

But per the NY Times, only 1/6 of "all Americans" have got the booster. i.e., just 17 percent.

At this point, most of the vaccinated are well overdue for a booster. So why the major lack of enthusiasm? Without force and various mandates, there is no way even 40 percent will accept this scam in perpetuity. Fool me once...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/18/u...americans.html

Congratulation to those who were never fooled in the first place
Soon, you will need a booster to booster the booster.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:27 PM

6,438 posts, read 2,826,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

I do think that unvaccinated people are prolonging this pandemic and that's a shame, but you're right, there's no changing anyone's mind. So let's all get Omicron and let the chips fall where they may.
People don't care,..lol. News is on and on about NYC surges and whatnot, but it's packed shoulder to shoulder with people visiting the Rockefeller Christmas tree. People everywhere.

I'm not about to get on a plane yet but hey,..people gotta get places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn3r6Vs3ASo

Old 12-20-2021, 08:36 PM

4,033 posts, read 4,783,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I know; I give up. I've had my two shots plus a booster, so I feel pretty safe that, although I may get infected, chances are very good that I won't have more than a mild case. BTW, this is the only thing that Donald Trump and I agree on. He's had Covid, PLUS the vaccine, PLUS the booster.

I do think that unvaccinated people are prolonging this pandemic and that's a shame,
but you're right, there's no changing anyone's mind. So let's all get Omicron and let the chips fall where they may.
How so...? Please explain how an unvaccinated person who is NOT infected with COVID spread the virus to another person? If the vaccines really worked then you'd have nothing to worry about.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:37 PM

1,374 posts, read 631,109 times
Shame on neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies