Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2022, 04:47 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times

Advertisements

lot depends on what former chief does...i am thinking if he doesn't shut up...something may just shut him up..i would say he is pushing his luck....the banking system does not want 45 back, maybe a different R or D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 04:50 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Will the ‘24 election be the end of our democracy ?

If any election was going to be the "end of our democracy", it would be the 2020 election. And as you see, the Democrats are racing headlong into a dictatorship, using the pandemic as an excuse to violate many of the rights protected by the Constitution, take powers govt is forbidden to exercise, etc.

But it's looking more and more like the Dems will lose bigtime in 2022, thus losing their ability to cobble together ridiculously huge budgets, new powers for unelected agencies, programs for which there is no authorization in the Constitution, ruinous inflation supposedly to "stimulate" the economy they are running into the ground, and a general explosion of government.

So 2020 might go down in history, not as the election when we lost our democracy, but as the election when we came close to losing it.

Normal people are becoming so disgusted with the Democrats' insane programs, open borders, mandates, military ineptness, foreign policy failures, and all the rest, that they will likely boot the Dems out in droves and not let them back in for a few decades, just as they did in 1994. After that, they'll have to grow some new voters (or import them, a new Dem tactic) who haven't lived through the kind of insanity the Dems habitually produce.

Old 01-21-2022, 04:55 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
It depends on a lot of factors. I am reading here this dismissive tone among Trump voters that the nutjobs on January 6th were a small minority of GOP. That is true in who actually showed up there but the mindset that Trump won the election and it was stolen seems to be the majority opinion of Trump voters. Most were smart enough to not ruin their lives over something that was never going to actually happen.

Another close election that the GOP loses and its going to get ugly. If the Dems lose because some red states have changed their voting laws and start flipping votes to put them over the top. It will get ugly. If its obvious to one side that the other side openly took the election. All bets are off.

If the economy is tanking, inflation still out of control, empty store shelves and a pandemic still going on. That is going to push democracy closer to the edge of the cliff. If people feel they have nothing to lose they are more likely to do extreme things. How far are we from the tipping point? We might find out.

Old 01-21-2022, 04:57 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,232,807 times
Starting a campaign of whining even BEFORE an election is a new low for the whining left.

(D)esparation.

Old 01-21-2022, 05:04 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Starting a campaign of whining even BEFORE an election is a new low for the whining left.

(D)esparation.
^^^^ This

Old 01-21-2022, 06:37 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
One day of unrest by a few thousand whackos pales in comparison to years of institutionalized intolerance, hate-mongering, race-baiting, Constitution trampling, and unabashed weaponization of the criminal justice system facilitated by the Democratic party. If you're a Dem, you're on the wrong side of righteousness and decency. Period. You will be remembered by history along with the likes of Hitler and Stalin. I've never seen such appalling behavior in my nearly 60 years on this earth. It is beyond disgusting. How do you live with yourself? More importantly, how do you, as an apparent Democrat, maintain such a long term hatred of Blacks and other marginalized groups? Seriously. How can anyone be so full of hate so as to engage in a decades-long gaslighting endeavor?
Well, you've described the Republican party to a tee. Republicans always accuse others of what they themselves are guilty of. But in addition, you support a fascist regime that literally tried to overthrow a legitimate election. And anyone who says otherwise is completely brainwashed by a charlatan. Democrats will fight tooth and nail to preserve what little Democracy we have left from Trumplican fascists. If that's one of you then you should be ashamed of what your party is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You don't have any idea what a coup looks like........Usally they have tanks and aircraft and lots and lots of guns involved...not some gobber in a viking hat.
A coup d'état (/ˌkuːdeɪˈtɑː/ (listen); French for "blow of state"), often shortened to coup in English,[1] (also known as an overthrow) is a seizure and removal of a government and its powers. Typically, it is an illegal, unconstitutional seizure of power by a political faction, military, or a dictator.[2] [/font]

I'm not talking about Jan 6, I'm talking about the entire organized attempt by Republicans to overthrow the election. I ashamed to live in a land where people in your party are trivializing something so serious, they and all Trump followers will be studied for years in the same way Germans are studied for following Hitler.

Old 01-21-2022, 06:44 PM

9,507 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
This coming from the party that staged a coup to overturn a legitimate election.
This coming from someone with zero reading comprehension. January 6 was not sanctioned by or organized by Republicans. Your statement is unequivocally false. Which makes you a complete ........ Fill in the blanks.

Old 01-21-2022, 06:46 PM

9,507 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Well, you've described the Republican party to a tee. Republicans always accuse others of what they themselves are guilty of. But in addition, you support a fascist regime that literally tried to overthrow a legitimate election. And anyone who says otherwise is completely brainwashed by a charlatan. Democrats will fight tooth and nail to preserve what little Democracy we have left from Trumplican fascists. If that's one of you then you should be ashamed of what your party is doing.

A coup d'état (/ˌkuːdeɪˈtɑː/ (listen); French for "blow of state"), often shortened to coup in English,[1] (also known as an overthrow) is a seizure and removal of a government and its powers. Typically, it is an illegal, unconstitutional seizure of power by a political faction, military, or a dictator.[2] [/font]

I'm not talking about Jan 6, I'm talking about the entire organized attempt by Republicans to overthrow the election. I ashamed to live in a land where people in your party are trivializing something so serious, they and all Trump followers will be studied for years in the same way Germans are studied for following Hitler.

The election, as opposed to the entire government and Constitution? Your perspective is broken. Seek help.

Old 01-21-2022, 06:56 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
The election, as opposed to the entire government and Constitution? Your perspective is broken. Seek help.
You are projecting. Trumpers have forfeited any right to comment on government, the constitution or anyone's else's perspective. Trumpers are traitors. Period.

Old 01-21-2022, 07:33 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,152,668 times
Quote:
You are projecting. Trumpers have forfeited any right to comment on government, the constitution or anyone's else's perspective. Trumpers are traitors. Period.
Nothing like trying to prevent free speech, eh?
I thought I liked all dogs. I guess not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies