Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 11:27 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well, it's pretty simple really, what affects you is gonna affect me very soon after. What about sharing a continent with 350 million others do you not understand?

Sharing a bed with an elephant - - -
Well...the way you describe things in your own country, you make it sound better. Just worry about Canada instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 06:35 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well...the way you describe things in your own country, you make it sound better. Just worry about Canada instead.

Canada is doing better - for the time being.

I'll continue to worry about both without your permission.

Old 12-22-2021, 11:57 AM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,746 times
CalGuy, I'm right there with ya.
Enough, already.
Mute the idiots who insist/suggest/say you do anything. You don't HAVE to do ANYTHING.
What you are responsible for is yourself. Get out there and live your life on your terms! At 83, you've certainly earned that right.
Live long and prosper! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-22-2021, 12:11 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Waste of taxpayer $$$, Everyone in this country knows about the vaccine. It's their choice to have it or not. Apparently the Democrats believe that if they keep the focus on Covid (although statistically it isn't a very big threat) we won't pay attention to the economy, inflation, crime, the southern border and the BS BILLS they are pushing through.
Ding, Ding, Ding - we have a winner!

Old 12-22-2021, 12:27 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
The breakdown of vaccination rates is approximately 92% of Democrats, 68% of Independents, and 56% of Republicans.

I saw Biden's plea this afternoon for people to get vaccinated; we know that Biden was extending this advice mainly to Republicans since 92% of his base are already vaccinated. It's a little puzzling considering the current situation. Why does he give a crap about these people who are doing everything in their power to destroy our way of life and take away any chance of a prosperous and secure future for coming generations of Americans? Is it his Christian upbringing, or misplaced compassion or what?
How do you know what the party is of who was vaccinated? No one asked me when I was vaccinated what party I belonged to? This is BS.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:12 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
CalGuy, I'm right there with ya.
Enough, already.
Mute the idiots who insist/suggest/say you do anything. You don't HAVE to do ANYTHING.
What you are responsible for is yourself. Get out there and live your life on your terms! At 83, you've certainly earned that right.
Live long and prosper! Merry Christmas!
Thanks, and here's hoping your Christmas is filled with joy and love, and the new year is a prosperous one.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:57 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
So your complaint is the annoyance of being innudated with a barrage of messages on this public concern and awareness.
Fair enough.
Mute the tv or change station.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:36 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Canada is doing better - for the time being.

I'll continue to worry about both without your permission.
Hey, as they say "Knock yourself out". If you want to unnecessarily burden yourself with worry/fear, go for it.

Old 12-22-2021, 03:29 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Good grief, you're actually using the word "God" and "Corvette" in the same post claiming the one had a direct causation to the other?

I'm done with you.
Going from homeless to a successful business man, the "perks" associated with that are absolutely God given.
I consider every good thing that has happened to me is because I reached out to the Lord for help, and that cry for help pleased him.
To quote an earlier post "There are none so blind as those that will no see".

Corvette, nice house, successful business, good health, these are all gifts to me from the Almighty.
I have been on both sides of the spectrum, and I'LL take my current side over what use to be.
Obviously something changed in my life.
In my earlier days, I was filed with hate ,bigotry, and sin, and I would have killed you, and never give it a second thought.
The day I reached out to the Lord for guidance and renewal, I changed overnight.
Opportunities opened in front of me that were never there before, and I took advantages of them.
The Lord guided me every step of the way.
I will share just one example.

After moving into my house, I decided I wanted to build a raised deck on the back of the house.
My carpenter experience was limited to installing a door, or maybe putting in floor molding.
I was determined to build this deck, and without any knowledge of how to proceed, I began this daunting task.
The work flowed as though I had built decks all my life.
It took about a week to complete, and when I finished, I thanked the Lord for his help, because I knew I could never have done this on my own.
The Lord instilled the knowledge and stamina needed to build this deck, and a year or so later, I installed a hot tub sunken into the deck, which again, was something I knew nothing about, when it came to framing, and installation of the hot tub.
You can believe as you will, but I know for sure the Lord thinks I am pretty special.

I added a few pictures of the deck.
For someone who never built before, I and many others think it looks very good.
Attached Thumbnails
I am so sick and tired.-mvc-042s.jpg   I am so sick and tired.-mvc-043s.jpg   I am so sick and tired.-mvc-034s.jpg  

Old 12-22-2021, 07:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Hey, as they say "Knock yourself out". If you want to unnecessarily burden yourself with worry/fear, go for it.
Well, worry is the word you introduced by suggesting I should worry. Please make up your mind.

The "fear" being shown is by all the Chicken Little's on here crying about some gubmn't conspiracy that's out to get them?

Saw the legs off your beds, you'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies