Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 03:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I just got back from yet another doctor's appointment. Every one I go to, I'm running into medical staff that are tired, burnt out, and worried. I'm the patient, and I've been consoling *them*.

People need to get the shot, and give these people a break.
What are they tired of? Most people aren't receiving any treatment.

Why are *all* of them tired, burnt out and worried? Is it because the facility they work at refuses to staff properly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 03:24 PM

1,250 posts, read 677,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What are they tired of? Most people aren't receiving any treatment.

Why are *all* of them tired, burnt out and worried? Is it because the facility they work at refuses to staff properly?
This is the main point that is virtually ignored.

Expand facilities.

Hire more people.

It's pretty simple business planning.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:24 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I "know this" because of news and media reports that state many people who have been vaccinated are being hospitalized.
That tells me the vaccines are not working.
When we were kids we got vaccinated for many diseases, and those vaccinations lasted a lifetime without getting the disease they were intended to cure.
Covid does indeed pose a serious treat, and I am telling those who care to listen, there is an alternative to getting a vaccine.
There is proof these vaccines are troublesome, that can not be said of the Lord Almighty.

The "narrative" I speak of works for me, and has since the inception of this virus, so one could say I am living proof of the power of God.
Now, you and others are free to make up your own minds as to who is right ,and the best way for you to proceed, going forward.

I respectfully have to disagree with your claim that the Almighty Lord is "fake news".

Not only have I been, and continue to be protected against this virus, but things in my life have changed considerably since I called upon the Lord for help many years ago.

I went from a homeless man, to the owner of a successful business, have a great home, with a nice Corvette convertible parked in the driveway, a pickup truck, money in the bank, investments with a good return on my investments.
Most of all, I have the piece of mind knowing that the Lord has my back ,and that is the best gift of all.
Looks like God loves you best. Too bad He let nearly 700000 of your fellow countryman die. Guess they didn't walk the walk.

You must know something the rest of us don't,

Kenneth Copeland would be proud of you.

Last edited by crone; 12-23-2021 at 03:38 PM..

Old 12-23-2021, 03:28 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
This is the main point that is virtually ignored.

Expand facilities.

Hire more people.

It's pretty simple business planning.
My neighbor is an RN at a clinic facility. Every week at least 2-3 RNs or LPNs call out sick. Every week.

They aren't exhausted because of COVID. They are exhausted because the ones that actualyl show up get dumped on.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:31 PM

117 posts, read 39,142 times
Here in the UK, the Archbishop of Canterbury (leader of the Church of England) has stated that anyone who does not get vaccinated is selfish, evil and that Jesus would get vaccinated. The propaganda is neverending.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:32 PM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Looks like God loves you best. Too bad he let nearly 700000 of your fellow countryman die. Guess they didn't walk the walk.

I always marvel at the arrogance of those who equate 'prosperity' with 'being favored by a higher power'.

I also always wonder what will happen to their 'faith' if things go completely south for these folk.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:36 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am so sick of seeing these psa'a on every television channel practically demanding people get vaccinated for covid.
It is as though people can't make a decision on their own, without the gestapo stepping in and declaring we should get vaccinated.
Well, I have news for anybody telling me to get vaccinated.
I put my trust in the Lord Almighty to protect me from getting this virus ,and my devotion to his never ending love for me, has not failed me yet.

The Lord has taken pretty good care of me for 83 years, and I have no reason to believe that will change.

My health could be compared with that of someone in their mid forties.
I am extremely active, and live sensibly.
How many people do you know at 83, or even 70"s that have a constant blood pressure reading of 122 over 78?
I firmly believe the Almighty has played an important role in my good health in my late years.
I did suffer a small infraction in the capillaries in my brain a few years ago, but that was due to diet, and since that time, I have altered my eating habits, to the point I am fine today.

Those of you who suggest all people should get vaccinated against this covid, would do well to suggest to the unvaccinated, they look to a higher power to protect them, instead of some medical "crap shoot".

I am living proof that something much larger than all of us is in command, and only needs for people to reach out and ask for protection.
Have you ever been to a hospital or otherwise used medical aid? Or do you only ask God for help?

Old 12-23-2021, 03:55 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

The word "worry" for some reason, triggers you. Excuse me. It's more like you're terrified and this isn't even your country. Bless your heart.

Your time would be best spent by being concerned as to what your own government is doing.
"Terrified"! Excuse me? YOu keep adding emotive adjectives. You're the one suggesting I was "fretting" and "worrying" for merely responding and rebutting posts on this thread comprised of nothing BUT fretting and worrying about some supposed conspiracy by whomever putting forth the frequent message to take the shots.

Once again, saw the legs of your beds; the gubmint ain't out to get wee widdle you.

I'm not the one being triggered when it is you suggesting I should stifle myself. Someone's got it bassackwards here and it ain't me.

I am concerned with what my governments doing. It isn't your government I'm responding to, it's you and others on here - this: a very public forum where at any given time there are any number of threads on here created by Americans criticizing other countries over their various systems.

You don't like what I write - there's an ignore feature I suggest you use it.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:24 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
So two questions:

1.) If you do get COVID, does this mean God doesn't favor you anymore?

2.) Also, if you get COVID, will you presume God meant for you to get it, and forego hospital treatment?
Those are two reasonable questions.

If by some unforeseen reason I should get covid, my feelings and thoughts about the Devine power would not change.
Rather than feeling out of favor with the Lord, I would look at it as a precursor to my death, and that the Lord has given me the eternal freedom that only death can give us.
At my age not too many survive covid.
Death is assurance that all earthly matters cease, and I will then be among those whom I love, that left me for this freedom they now enjoy.
When the time is right, I will pass, be it from covid, natural causes, or something else.
I don't welcome death, nor do I fear it, but are ready for it should it happen.

To answer your second question, What ever is meant to be, will be, for all of we humans.
I know for sure the Almighty is in control, and whatever is to happen is planned long before it happens.
We just need faith and trust in the Almighty that he is acting in our best interest.

Should I live to be 100 years, that would be in the hands of the Lord.
Should I succumb to covid, or any other impairment, that too would be in the hands of the Lord.

Today, and for many years prior to now, I have trusted in the Lord to protect me, and should I die tomorrow, I could leave this earth knowing I have the comfort and compassion of the Lord almighty into eternity.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:50 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Looks like God loves you best. Too bad He let nearly 700000 of your fellow countryman die. Guess they didn't walk the walk.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "walk the walk" as you put it.
I am confident I know many things the rest of you don't.
By that I mean I have knowledge that some are not privy to.
I certainly know why some people succumb , for whatever reason, while others survive.
I know how those choices are made, and as all powerful as the Lord is, many, if not most, are decisions made by the soul with in each of us, not the Lord.

The Lord watches over us, and protects us, but we also must do our part to insure trust in the Lord never falters.

For when it does, we are left to go it alone, until such time that we reach the lowest level in our human existence.
This is when most will reach out to the Lord for forgiveness.
So, friend, I do not need to "walk the walk", been there ,done that.
Perhaps many more will succumb to this horrible virus, while others will survive.
The ultimate protection lies in faith and trust in the Almighty Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies