Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 09:00 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Wait...you mean...a POTUS who is concerned about the well-being of people who *didn't* vote for him? Is such a thing possible?
LOL! The only one Biden cares about is himself. It's sad that you can't see that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 09:04 PM

2,896 posts, read 991,587 times
We're in a public/global health crisis, after all. It's only logical that you're going to see some things that pertain to the pandemic. Wise people heed the advice of actual scientists who devote their lives to the study of immunology and virology. Trusting in God is fine, but I think even He would think it's foolish to not take advantage of scientific breakthroughs. We've evolved to the point where we can help each other stay alive and show some caring behavior toward those in our communities. That, to me, seems more Christian than pretending that God is going to protect you from a virus. I trust in God, too, but I don't think that makes me bullet-proof, because the world operates within the laws of nature.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:20 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You know this how exactly? Are you seriously suggesting because you haven't contracted Covid that it doesn't present a serious threat? Further, the millions of deaths world-wide aren't enough to convince you that whatever narrative you speak of is being widely accepted worldwide as the only narrative with any relevance.

It is more than just widely accepted by ALL intelligent, informed RELEVANT science based authoritative sources that; had not the various vaccines and other measures been taken, the death toll would have been astronomically higher.

Sir, with respect, your's is the fake news being listened to by far too many.

None are so blind as those that refuse to see.
I "know this" because of news and media reports that state many people who have been vaccinated are being hospitalized.
That tells me the vaccines are not working.
When we were kids we got vaccinated for many diseases, and those vaccinations lasted a lifetime without getting the disease they were intended to cure.
Covid does indeed pose a serious treat, and I am telling those who care to listen, there is an alternative to getting a vaccine.
There is proof these vaccines are troublesome, that can not be said of the Lord Almighty.

The "narrative" I speak of works for me, and has since the inception of this virus, so one could say I am living proof of the power of God.
Now, you and others are free to make up your own minds as to who is right ,and the best way for you to proceed, going forward.

I respectfully have to disagree with your claim that the Almighty Lord is "fake news".

Not only have I been, and continue to be protected against this virus, but things in my life have changed considerably since I called upon the Lord for help many years ago.

I went from a homeless man, to the owner of a successful business, have a great home, with a nice Corvette convertible parked in the driveway, a pickup truck, money in the bank, investments with a good return on my investments.
Most of all, I have the piece of mind knowing that the Lord has my back ,and that is the best gift of all.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:24 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Until you are denied service because you don't have COVID ID with you.

Certificate
Of
Vaccination
I
D
I went to an Apple Store today to ask a couple of questions and browse.

Nope.

Because of things acting up more re COVID, they are now back to only letting in people with appointments, and there were no appointments left for the rest of the day.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:27 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Wow. I'm not a believer, but if I get into that mindset of protection from "God" I was taught as a child, I still know that "God" doesn't protect Christians against disease, or anything else, and doesn't protect anyone on an individual basis. There's millions and millions of examples of this from small Christian babies dying of cancer to famous Christians dropping dead of whatever, overnight, and definitely including examples of covid. I don't believe praying protects anyone of anything either, and I don't believe individual prayers are ever answered.
I do believe in luck, because we all see so many examples of near-miss situations people have had, the luck of being at the right place at the right time, or the wrong place at the wrong time...sure hope your so far good luck with covid doesn't run out, OP.
Or...you could get the vaccine and protect yourself
You certainly have aright to your beliefs, however some of the issue you speak of, have answers which go beyond the subject of this thread.

I do however have the answer to the issues you raised, but that would be for another tread.
Suffice to say, the reasons some people die, while others don't, has nothing to do wit the Lord, but rather the soul with in each of us.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:29 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Do you get so worked up as to what is happening in your country regarding COVID and the vaccinations, etc.?
Nope! With a total death count half that of the state of Florida with a third more total population what conclusion would you draw if you used your common sense?

Old 12-21-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I "know this" because of news and media reports that state many people who have been vaccinated are being hospitalized.
That tells me the vaccines are not working.
When we were kids we got vaccinated for many diseases, and those vaccinations lasted a lifetime without getting the disease they were intended to cure.
Covid does indeed pose a serious treat, and I am telling those who care to listen, there is an alternative to getting a vaccine.
There is proof these vaccines are troublesome, that can not be said of the Lord Almighty.

The "narrative" I speak of works for me, and has since the inception of this virus, so one could say I am living proof of the power of God.
Now, you and others are free to make up your own minds as to who is right ,and the best way for you to proceed, going forward.

I respectfully have to disagree with your claim that the Almighty Lord is "fake news".

Not only have I been, and continue to be protected against this virus, but things in my life have changed considerably since I called upon the Lord for help many years ago.

I went from a homeless man, to the owner of a successful business, have a great home, with a nice Corvette convertible parked in the driveway, a pickup truck, money in the bank, investments with a good return on my investments.
Most of all, I have the piece of mind knowing that the Lord has my back ,and that is the best gift of all.
Good grief, you're actually using the word "God" and "Corvette" in the same post claiming the one had a direct causation to the other?

I'm done with you.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:35 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Nope! With a total death count half that of the state of Florida with a third more total population what conclusion would you draw if you used your common sense?
Then why do you expend time and energy fretting over what is happening in the US? Do tell.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Then why do you expend time and energy fretting over what is happening in the US? Do tell.
Well, it's pretty simple really, what affects you is gonna affect me very soon after. What about sharing a continent with 350 million others do you not understand?

Sharing a bed with an elephant - - -

Old 12-21-2021, 11:10 PM

3,490 posts, read 1,408,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Biden claimed his COVID task force and COVID plan would defeat the virus, once he’s elected.

How’s the working out?

Who knew there was no cure for the common cold, flu, or COVID!
Come on. Give the guy a chance. Don’t forget… he’s not going to shut down the economy; he’s going to shut down the virus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies