Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 10:41 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times

Advertisements

Time to find a new doctor, IMMEDIATELY. A doctor's only purpose is to heal the sick. If this "doctor" refuses to do that, he or she is not a doctor, but either a butcher or political hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Good luck finding a respectable, licensed physician that will prescribe HCQ or ivermectin.
Like they do in the rest of the world where the covid death stats are nearly categorically better than ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 10:43 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Monoclonals depending on circumstances like how long infected, symptoms (they work best early and only one works with omicron and this is in short supply). The rest of that is just junk medicine. Good luck finding a respectable, licensed physician that will prescribe HCQ or ivermectin.

There really is no cure for covid. Prevention is key.
Did you read the OP? The person already has Covid.

There are doctors who treat Covid early. Not a 'cure' but treatment to keep people out of the hospital.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
She asked for Invermectin, hydrochloroquine, monoclonal antibodies. I’ve know people to feel a lot better shortly after taking these. She is 68 and feeling awful and the dr won’t help her. Is this common?
What does “ feeling awful” mean? Plenty of people feel awful with the common cold, not that I am diminishing Covid.

Does she have other health risks?

What are her symptoms?

The global demand for antibodies is far greater than supply.

Most folk recover at home with OTC meds.

Monitor oxygen levels.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Find a tele-health option.
This. There are doctors who will prescribe ivermectin who are available via tele-health.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/iver...et-ivermectin/

Old 12-21-2021, 11:00 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
HCQ and ivermectin have not shown efficacy when symptoms are advanced, even if you believe the people who champion these treatments is in very early stages or prophylactically. You should be able to get antibody treatments, usually at a hospital or center not through your PCP.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:03 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
She'll have to go to the Emergency Room for the antibody treatment. You don't need a doctor's permission. I've seen it work wonders in a great many people. I believe it has to be completed within the first ten days of symptoms beginning.

It seems strange that her doctor would refuse an antibody treatment. Has she passed the ten day threshold?
My dad who is 75 and has at least 4 comorbidities, had his Moderna booster back in September, got COVID last week and nearly died.

According to my step-mom he started exhibiting symptoms last Monday, his doctor wasn't sure if it was the flu or COVID, so he got tested on Wednesday for both, flu came back negative and COVID came back positive.

On Friday, he wasn't eating and his oxygen level dropped down to 90%, so my step-mom took him to the ED and they got an IV in him and gave him steroids on Friday night, Saturday morning he got the monoclonal antibody treatment for 2 hours and is doing much better now, except his voice sounds horrible.

3 Moderna shots, steroids and monoclonal antibodies and he still almost died, so COVID is no joke, especially if you are old with lots of comorbidities.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:04 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
She asked for Invermectin, hydrochloroquine, monoclonal antibodies. I’ve know people to feel a lot better shortly after taking these. She is 68 and feeling awful and the dr won’t help her. Is this common?

What was the reason given? I'd be interested in the monoclonal antibodies answer, specifically.

The others have no recognized treatment protocol for COVID in this country.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
There is more than enough to go around. thats a lie. the federal goverment is rationing it. the companies that make the stuff say they have plenty.
Obviously not.

According to this, there is a 4.5 month lead time associated with any order.

https://investor.regeneron.com/news-...ement-purchase

The cost of the drug pushes $3000 per treatment paid for by the Federal Government. Some need multiple treatments. This does not include Admin costs.

The Federal Government imposed itself in the distribution cycle upon realizing a few states were stockpiling the majority of the vials and delaying notification to the Federal Government and or administering for the asking.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
HCQ and ivermectin have not shown efficacy when symptoms are advanced, even if you believe the people who champion these treatments is in very early stages or prophylactically. You should be able to get antibody treatments, usually at a hospital or center not through your PCP.
Acute shortage of antibody treatments due to global demand.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:09 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What was the reason given? I'd be interested in the monoclonal antibodies answer, specifically.

The others have no recognized treatment protocol for COVID in this country.
This happened to my niece last week as well.

She's in NY and had a referral from her doc. They wouldn't give her the monoclonal antibodies because "she wasn't sick enough". They told her to go home and rest.

Two weeks before at the same hospital they gave them to my sister who was about the same degree sick. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies