Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2021, 10:24 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times

Advertisements

My Name Is Brandon
I am Brandon, the NASCAR driver and unlikely meme. A 28-year-old who now finds himself in the middle of the American political conversation. As a pro driver, I never expected to be in the passenger seat of my own viral moment.

On October 2, I won the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Talladega—my first major win. It was a hell of a moment for me, my family, my team and my sponsors. It's cliché, but it is a moment I had dreamt about my entire life.

In a post-race interview after the win, I accidentally became one of the most famous drivers in NASCAR. Thousands of fans could be heard chanting what the reporter (incorrectly) said was "Let's Go Brandon!," and a meme was born.

These last few weeks, I have spent a lot of time trying to understand why millions of people are chanting my name (I mean, besides my mom, my dad and my late grandfather, who have cheered me on my entire life).

I understand that millions of people are struggling right now and are frustrated. Struggling to get by and struggling to build a solid life for themselves and their families, and wondering why their government only seems to make it worse. People have a right to frustration—even anger.

How you vote is none of my business. Instead, I will use what free time I have to highlight the struggle we all feel and share, as Americans.

To my fans, to NASCAR fans and to everyone who has chanted my name: I dedicate myself this upcoming season to compete hard on the racetrack and to spotlight issues that are important to me and to millions of Americans across the country.

"Let's Go America."
This is just a young adult who wants the best for himself and American citizens. No divisiveness at all.

He has an opportunity to really make his own name well known in the upcoming season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 11:02 AM

21,151 posts, read 19,736,448 times
What I'd like to know is: did that interviewer really think the crowd was chanting "Let's go Brandon"?

Old 12-21-2021, 11:03 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
What I'd like to know is: did that interviewer really think the crowd was chanting "Let's go Brandon"?

lol - not a chance!

Old 12-21-2021, 11:10 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Think about it... if the crowd was chanting Brandon, it would have been normal - and the reporter would not have made a big deal out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies