Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 02:50 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times

Advertisements

...of course he put an effigy of Elon in it too!

don't know if I would have blow it up....but I know I would have thought about it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-Finland.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG9Izqp6WWU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 02:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Hilarious…but muh electric cars.

Old 12-23-2021, 02:54 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...of course he put an effigy of Elon in it too!

don't know if I would have blow it up....but I know I would have thought about it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-Finland.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG9Izqp6WWU
Yea, blowing it up is definitely a waste. Someone could've bought that car at a discount and had the battery replaced themselves, or used it as a parts car since Tesla is a PIA to get parts from. They don't like DIY mechanics working on their cars.

Old 12-23-2021, 02:57 PM

6,039 posts, read 2,854,310 times
That's awesome!

But, eight years old and it needed it's third battery pack? And it's 20,000 Euros to replace? Yeah.... and that's why I wouldn't buy one. An electric battery is too unpredictable. Some can last ten years no sweat and some until a random cell fails and kills the battery.

Old 12-23-2021, 02:58 PM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
it would have ended up in a landfill anyway. Teslas are not cars, and shouldn’t be thought of as such. they are ipads with wheels and in 5-10 years it will end up in the garbage along with their crappy door handles and paint jobs and outdated software leaching battery waste into the groundwater. how progressive and green!

Old 12-23-2021, 03:05 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Batteries are what the Dems do not understand with their hard push for everything electric.

Over the life of any battery they degrade to the point where they do not provide the same length of power from a charge.

Imagine the future where a struggling family puts together enough dough to buy a used electric car because that is all that is available since the Dems buried the ICE to save the planet. Along with the $10,000- $20,000 price tag for the 10 year old used car they also have to finance the same amount for a new battery. The 10 year old car is now costing them $20 to $40,000+ !

Maybe this is why the Dems are also pushing mass transit projects because this poor family is going to be riding the bus.

I don't know why the Dems are pushing for all electric cars when hybrids would be a much better choice until technology gets better. Not everyone can afford a new car.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:12 PM

9,895 posts, read 4,656,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
it would have ended up in a landfill anyway. Teslas are not cars, and shouldn’t be thought of as such. they are ipads with wheels and in 5-10 years it will end up in the garbage along with their crappy door handles and paint jobs and outdated software leaching battery waste into the groundwater. how progressive and green!
Yeh really environmentally friendly. The green new deal-hopefully grass will grow over those landfills.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:12 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,167,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
That's awesome!

But, eight years old and it needed it's third battery pack? And it's 20,000 Euros to replace? Yeah.... and that's why I wouldn't buy one. An electric battery is too unpredictable. Some can last ten years no sweat and some until a random cell fails and kills the battery.
Particularly if that was the price for just putting in a used battery from a similar aged Tesla which would seem about right. It was $16,000 or so for a pick and pull battery on a Model 3 from an invoice that go posted.

We really need to sort out the ewaste thing particularly with electric cars. It's bad enough with laptops and cellphones. Heck just normal plastics now that China won't take all of them anymore for the last five years or so we've just been burning and tossing them in landfills. Even for China it's just not economical.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:22 PM

5,176 posts, read 4,951,032 times
This story won't gain much traction from the major news media outlets. Goes against the agenda of pushing green, green, green down our throats.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:25 PM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
This story won't gain much traction from the major news media outlets. Goes against the agenda of pushing green, green, green down our throats.
green green green charged by coal coal coal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies