Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2021, 03:38 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Not sure...?

I did, which is why after I heard it I made the effort to look it up. The association wasn’t very intuitive.

Not sure who “he” is...I only heard it because sometimes I step into the echo chamber that is conservative talk radio. Mostly I listen to NPR, which is its own echo chamber for sure, but I at least like to maintain some balance.
NPR is your echo chamber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2021, 03:39 PM

8,492 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Fair enough. It certainly has run it's course.
Apparently not...it seems to be at a bit of a crescendo.

Old 12-25-2021, 03:40 PM

8,492 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
NPR is your echo chamber.
If you say so.

Old 12-25-2021, 03:51 PM

269 posts, read 181,339 times
Quote:
Well, I said earlier that it's not a slur, but judging from the actual definition, what would say it is?

Since we know what "Let's Go, Brandon" really means, why is it not a slur?

SLUR
Same reason the meaning behind those pink hats worn by the far left that media never had any issues

Old 12-25-2021, 03:56 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis32801 View Post
Same reason the meaning behind those pink hats worn by the far left that media never had any issues
Both sides do it, as I said (maybe in the other thread) but the pink hats were used as a rallying cry for women's rights (and red hats were a rallying cry for a political movement), not an insult to one man

Old 12-25-2021, 04:54 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis32801 View Post
I believe the pink hats were a direct response to the former president’s own words, when he described his predilections for grabbing women “by the *****.” It wasn’t meant to be an insult; merely a reply to Trump’s own disgusting attitudes towards women - attitudes he has never shied away from or disavowed.

“Let’s go, Brandon,” on the other hand is a stupid, silly “in joke” among tittering schoolboys who think it actually bothers more than a handful of people. The phrase, and the giddy joy of purported grownups who think this kind of middle-school trolling is hilarious shows the mental age of Trump supporters and how wounded they still are that a “senile old man” beat their guy by millions of votes in the presidential election. They can’t possibly understand how, so many still turn to the Big Lie to comfort their bruised egos.

Turns out that owning the libs isn’t a viable political platform in and of itself. The novelty wore off fast, people saw that Trump was a second-rate grifter who was in way over his head, and was a nasty man with 0 class and charm whose favorite presidential past-time was the late night Twitter war. So he lost the presidency over a single term and his supporters - equally bewildered that the vast majority of American voters did not want their favored troglodyte to have a second term - looked for malfeasance, then tried to short-circuit the electoral process by chasing Pence from the Capitol on 1-6-21, and when they could do no more to fight against reality…chose “let’s go, Brandon” as their rallying cry and pretended anyone other than them actually cared.

Many of them still haunt this board, listing all the awful flubs and missteps of Joe Biden, horrified that the American people still prefer what they see as the worst president of all time to his predecessor. The delicious irony in all this is that “Brandon” is president and Trump is not. Almost makes me feel bad for them.

Old 12-25-2021, 05:01 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,954,202 times
Quote:
Fair enough. It certainly has run it's course.
Wishful thinking?

Old 12-25-2021, 05:06 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
I know the Left hates the clever “Let’s Go Brandon” chant (and its ironic origin- a liberal sports commentator).

Of course they want to pretend it’s a slur or racist or both. And ban it.

LOL
We all know, or all should know, that FJB is the message, "Let's Go Brandon" was the cover up.

So to that I say FJB!

Old 12-25-2021, 05:19 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The funniest part about the far-right's "Let's Go Brandon" thing is how childish and immature it is.
Painting murals of a very naked Trump with a micropenis is somehow more mature and refined??? How about calling Trump "morbidly obese" as Nasty Pelosi once did? And I didn't know college stadiums were really "far right" rallies in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Whether Biden even realizes what it actually means or not, he wouldn't care, because he's a mature adult.

You're idol wears diapers, just like any infant. Get over yourself. And he is not aware of much of anything, because, you know... "Cognitive decline"... Of course, anyone with a brain knows that means he's senile. The world figured it out. What's your excuse?

Old 12-25-2021, 05:26 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
It is childish and immature.

Grow up, have some self respect.
Hilarious to hear this from you people after the last 4 years.

Oh...and "slur"? Really? Hah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies