Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 05:21 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Isn't it amazing that Omicron was in south Africa just last month and now all of a sudden spread around the world very strange Hmmmm?!
And the only person who was caught completely off guard by Omicron, was Joe Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2021, 05:29 PM

18,448 posts, read 8,275,501 times
your own link says the ships are quarantining the "small number" of passengers that tested positive

the rest is total bull S....

Florida's cases went up because Florida's testing went up....Florida increased the testing 3 times more

cases don't mean a damn thing..if they don't tell you how many tests were given...

....and when they don't do that, it's a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
despite being told on this forum of Florida wonderful covid policy the mainstream news insist things are not as presented by posters here.

i distinctly remember the governor changing reporting of covid stats Why are CD posters so misaligned with mainstream news?

i understand much medical stuff has uncertainty just as all science is actually the best we know so far

this new variant of covid is spreading more easily apparently but less potent

https://www.yahoo.com/news/3rd-flori...164004393.html

Old 12-24-2021, 05:30 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Cases only mean something to some posters when they are low. When they are high, it doesn't matter. Besides, three times the tests! Sheesh!

Old 12-24-2021, 05:34 PM

18,448 posts, read 8,275,501 times
test 3 times more people.....and somehow cases are not supposed to go up

if the reporting was honest...they would report the percent positive...the rate

....it's ~7%......almost the lowest it's been

Old 12-24-2021, 05:38 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Comparisons of lockdown vs open states is just ridiculous at this point. As a Floridian, I appreciate my state's COVID policies and want them to continue regardless of COVID case counts. I choose to live here rather than in states with stricter policies. You may live perfectly happy in a state that has stricter policies. So be it. I support you in your decision. But this constant ******* about other state's policies is growing old as we approach two years with COVID.

Let it go.

Old 12-24-2021, 05:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Comparisons of lockdown vs open states is just ridiculous at this point. As a Floridian, I appreciate my state's COVID policies and want them to continue regardless of COVID case counts. I choose to live here rather than in states with stricter policies. You may live perfectly happy in a state that has stricter policies. So be it. I support you in your decision. But this constant ******* about other state's policies is growing old as we approach two years with COVID.

Let it go.
Bingo…but DeSantis hurts their feelings so they follow it like they obsess about because Trump, lol.

Old 12-24-2021, 05:42 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
Sounds like Florida has set a record for spreading natural immunity.
Let’s Go Brandon !
Err, I mean way to go Florida .

Old 12-24-2021, 05:42 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Florida's cases went up because Florida's testing went up....Florida increased the testing 3 times more
The reason more people got tested is because more people got sick, and were worried that they might have Covid.

That Florida's positivity rate has gone up since early this month tells you that indeed more people started getting sick, and sought a Covid test to find out if they had Covid or not.

If the # of people getting sick there weren't actually increasing, the positivity rate would have gone down if more people were getting tested against a backdrop of no more people getting sick. Instead, it went up.

Old 12-24-2021, 05:43 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
despite being told on this forum of Florida wonderful covid policy the mainstream news insist things are not as presented by posters here.

i distinctly remember the governor changing reporting of covid stats Why are CD posters so misaligned with mainstream news?

i understand much medical stuff has uncertainty just as all science is actually the best we know so far

this new variant of covid is spreading more easily apparently but less potent

https://www.yahoo.com/news/3rd-flori...164004393.html
Leave it to the Governor to keep us in denial and in the dark.

Old 12-24-2021, 05:46 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
test 3 times more people.....and somehow cases are not supposed to go up

if the reporting was honest...they would report the percent positive...the rate

....it's ~7%......almost the lowest it's been
It was 13.8% average last week per the state report I linked above. That is nearly 3 times what it was in the prior week. Got another theory? (and, by the way, every public health agency provides the positivity data. I don't understand why you can't find it unless you aren't actually looking)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies