Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 09:03 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times

Advertisements

So much for the notion that legalizing marijuana leads to a decrease in violence and overall drug-related crimes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marijuana...200554666.html

Quote:
Mexican drug cartels are muscling in on America's burgeoning multi-billion-dollar marijuana industry, illegally growing large crops in the hills and valleys of Northern California.

The state legalized marijuana in 2016 for adult recreational use, yet the black market continues to thrive with thousands of illegal grows. Criminal syndicates, in turn, are cashing in across the U.S. on the "green gold rush."

They're undercutting prices of legalized products offered by permitted farmers who follow the rules and pay taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2021, 09:23 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
So much for the notion that legalizing marijuana leads to a decrease in violence and overall drug-related crimes.

So much for people understanding high taxes is still da guberment. It still encourages the same problem in the form of a black market. A reasonable tax will not leave much room for this sort of thing.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:31 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,225,598 times
If they flood the market with weed, then it will start to cost as much as weeds. This is great. The more competition the better the price gets.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:35 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,837,152 times
There’s a good docu-series on Netflix about that area called Murder Mountain.

Old 12-25-2021, 09:49 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,073,668 times
I know a pilot who works for homeland security.
They are looking for cartel gorilla grows.

Several years ago before California made recreational pot legal he told me they didn’t care about people having pot plants on their property.
They did care about our forests being made unsafe with illegal cartel members and the damage to the environment that they cause.

Nothing is perfect but these cartel guys have been getting raided.

Old 12-25-2021, 10:02 AM

12,036 posts, read 6,565,777 times
Payback for open borders….

Old 12-25-2021, 10:40 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

This is true. A few years ago, before I moved down to southern CA, I was in northern CA. One day, at about 7:30 am, I heard this loud bang. I thought it didn't really sound like a car accident, so walked outside to see what the heck that was. My next door neighbor was outside, visibly freaked out, so I walked towards the street to get a better look. Just from my front lawn, I could see that the street was blocked off, right where we lived, by multiple police cars, undercover and marked.

I walked down the sidewalk towards the street, and then looked to the left. There was a SWAT van sitting outside of a house right across the street from us. Personally, my observations over time of this house was that I had no idea who actually lived there. There were always multiple people, far too many to live in a single family home, and I noticed that the occupants kept changing - they were never the same people. I'd see one large group, and then a few months later, it would be an entirely different group. None of them were European. At one point, there were actually kids there, because I remember they rented one of those stupid bouncy things and planted it in the front yard - the yard that was nothing more than dried up foxtails and dirt. It wasn't a huge one, but it was big enough that you couldn't miss it. Eventually, I didn't see kids there anymore.

Anyway, I looked down the street towards the left, and realized they had blocked the street down there, too. If I wanted to leave to go somewhere, I would not have been able to. So, I stood there and watched as they marched people out, one by one, with their hands on their heads. They then walked them down the sidewalk towards where I and my neighbor were standing, opposite side of the street though, and sat them down on the curb next to all the police cars that were blocking the street right outside my apartment.

I honestly thought, for a moment, that it was an illegal alien sting, but then I remembered, 'Oh, right, I live in CA, nevermind." So I wasn't sure what was going on right then and there.

They ended up having about 11-13 people lined up on the curb, sitting down, handcuffed, looking in our direction. I whipped out my phone and recorded it all.

Right when I thought it was over, and I had calmed my neighbor down, we heard another loud bang, and then saw smoke. Seems as if one person in the house was being stubborn about coming out. After that second loud bang and the smoke, he came out, too, with his hands on his head. This was about 30 minutes of 'fun' right outside my place.

At that point, I went inside and went about my day. (I worked from home, so, no skipping work because I couldn't get out, darn it.)

Several days later, I looked up certain words in search and found the story. I was...not in shock, but couln't believe what was going on there.

See, from the street, you just see a house, a small dead front yard, a large tree, and several cars - mainly pick up trucks. You can't see the back, and it turns out, their 'backyard' was rather large. Extremely large. It was so large, they had 6 different buildings back there, all growing marijuana. I can't remember the # of plants that were seized, but it was a crazy amount.

Which reminds me, once they got the last die hard out, I noticed a power company vehicle on the scene. The article didn't say it was the power company that called it in, but said that the police were tipped off about this house, and that was the day they raided it. I believe, because that power company vehicle was there, perhaps the use of electricity put up a huge red flag, especially because CA likes to tell you not to use much electricity, and you get threatened with brown outs if 'everyone doesn't do their part'.

So, this 'taking over' of northern CA is not new. At least not new in the last year or 2. It has been going on. The idea that making marijuana legal would prevent this, turned out not to be true. I'm almost positive that I shared this story on here in the past, because I mentioned that very sentence, and naturally, was argued with by pot smokers who are too brain wasted to see reality. Making it legal did not stop any crimes. It wasn't just about the 'government doesn't like it when they are undercut by others', it still causes other crimes.

Another liberal pipe dream that didn't pan out, because they do not understand people, or they do, and think no one else does. Either way, they were wrong, yet again. There's more crime now, not less.

:: golf clap :: Well done, lefties.

Old 12-25-2021, 10:52 AM

4,855 posts, read 2,669,970 times
they bust 'em..lock 'em up..turn 'em loose..and they do it again..those that don't have 50 people in line to take their place..we need federal legislation (at least) if not federal legalization to work with state laws to be able to undercut the cartels..

Old 12-25-2021, 10:54 AM

4,855 posts, read 2,669,970 times
and God knows what's in that cartel weed..mold, insecticides, pesticides...they certainly don't care..

Old 12-25-2021, 10:55 AM

3,152 posts, read 2,730,796 times
This vid is worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL86snd4dP8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies