Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 07:10 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
The last two years or so made us realize how many people with serious mental illness live among us.
They need help - treatment and medications.
About 1/5 of US adult population has some mental illness. That's about 50M of 258M and that's a lot.
The prevalence of any mental illness is higher among females (24.5%) than males (16.3%).
If they don't get help, things will only accelerate.
I feel sorry for them - they just don't know better.
I think that a lot of people out there with their illness somewhat under control have been really affected by this 2 year limbo that we find ourselves in. And they are at their different breaking points. I know that I’ve been having hard time and have had to go on an antidepressant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 07:11 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
The media has really triggered the paranoia and fears in a lot of people, on both sides.
Yes! They are truly evil!

Old 12-26-2021, 07:12 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
She likely took pills booze or both for the flight which is the case in most disturbances on flights.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:14 PM

35,067 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
People are so terrified of something they can't see they almost kill themselves trying to avoid other people. I went out to get my trashcan and this woman jogger dove in between my cars out into the street vs just passing me a few feet away. There was a car driving by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The level of insanity is mindboggling. I laughed out loud when someone wrote in another thread that it is the unvaccinated who are being cautious out and about and engaging in kind of behavior you mentioned here. In my experience--absent someone not getting vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons--the unvaccinated never stopped living their lives. Instead, it's the fully vaccinated (to include booster shots), flimsy mask loving (despite the fact that these non-N95 masks not being worth a damn if you do anything other than just breathe) types who are engaging in this insanity. And I write this as one who is vaccinated.
I saw someone out jogging, by himself, masked today.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:58 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Perhaps the most ridiculous part is that she doesn't even have her mask on during the entire debacle.
Perhaps?

She belongs in an insane asylum.

Old 12-26-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
if i remember correctly the first approach suggested by mr trump was something along the lines of "we need less testing" that will lower the numbers...NO the republican goto solution is to hide your head in the sand
REMEMBER science is only the best we know so far

innovators work in IT (communists) the republicans lost the young educated class decades ago by simply being conservitive
Truth quotient = 0.

Old 12-26-2021, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is if you look at this forum and a lot of places like Facebook, the conservative movement is the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers. 99% of anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers identify as conservative.
Millions upon millions of black and Hispanic Democrats are anti-vax. You are getting your political opinions from conscienceless liars. You are completely divorced from political reality.

Old 12-26-2021, 11:06 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
We all remember all those stories about Un-Masked people attacking Masked people.

President Trump was aware of what King Fauci and the CDC was hiding.

1/3 of the Tests were returning errors.

CDC Report: Officials Knew Coronavirus Test Was Flawed But Released It Anyway -NPR.ORG

On Feb. 6, a scientist in a small infectious disease lab on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention campus in Atlanta was putting a coronavirus test kit through its final paces. The lab designed and built the diagnostic test in record time, and the little vials that contained necessary reagents to identify the virus were boxed up and ready to go. But NPR has learned the results of that final quality control test suggested something troubling — it said the kit could fail 33% of the time.

No Benchmark, no human virus to make sure the test were valid, no quality controls.
Knowledge AND acceptance of a 33% failure rate. It’s not a mystery that knowledgable people don’t trust CDC, HHS, WHO, Fauci. They Lie and hide the truth.

That’s only one instance of the failed CDC testing.

After the CDC discovered that 33% of their tests were giving false data …. They decided that the tests were wrong in only one direction, false negatives, so they came up with constantly changing “predictions” of Covid Positive, all based on nothing.
Hogwash.

Trump's thinking isn't that sophisticated.

He was only thinking about the raw/face number, probably not realizing but at the least not caring that that who is or isn't tested doesn't change who is or isn't positive, and thinking that the average joe wouldn't think of that either.

Old 12-26-2021, 11:20 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,946 times
What a moonbat harridan. I hope she got to enjoy some quality time in a 6x8 after that outburst.

Just think, without her there would have only been 80,999,999 resident Oatmeal fans.

Old 12-27-2021, 12:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You need to provide a source for this claim.
OK maybe I exaggerated and it isn't exactly 99%. That was hyperbolic. I apologize. That said, how many people who are anti-vax in the COVID era actually identify as liberal? That is the problem I see that most people protesting COVID lockdowns, COVID restrictions, mask mandates and yes, vaccinations for COVID are NOT liberals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Check post #12 - the left made it political and you know it's all about politics - let's not pretend otherwise. We wouldn't have these nut cases on either side if the left leaning media had not pushed the notion that all anti-vaxxers were Trump supporters.
That Trump comment brought up in post #12 was just foolish. You have to admit that. Even if it was a way to put red meat out for the media to pounce on, it is still foolish. It wasn't political at first and here's why. Most of us didn't think COVID would be as bad as we saw it was last year, let alone the two years it existed. The novel viruses typically lasted 18 months tops before burning out. I expected COVID to end up similar to SARS and go away at the time Trump said that. That said, I still think it was a stupid Trump being Trump quote. Whether it was a way to troll the media or something he really believed, who knows. Trump always had a lot of hyperbolic comments that he walked back and his handlers would say "Well he didn't mean it that way, everyone knows that..."

As for the media pushing that anti-vax are Trump supporters, show me a left-leaning anti-vaxer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies