Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 09:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
So true.

I bough a test kit a month or two ago because my daughter had Covid symptoms and I wanted to test her prior to going to school. she was negative. The kit comes with two tests so I just put the other one in a drawer for next time.

Someone posted on another thread that they bought ten kits which equals 20 tests and said they’d burn through them to by mid February. I don’t understand why people need to constantly test. It’s paranoid as well as selfish.
Just wait till they have self prescriptions.

Do a test at home, test positive, bring it to the pharmacy for drug XYZ. No diagnosis except the test. Don;t need a doctor or nurse to assess for illness. And who knows what the drug will be.

And they will line up for it. Even if they have no symptoms whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2021, 09:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Sure some folks are 'paranoid' and many are just trying to add one more layer to try and keep Grandma safe.

I was tested three times in a week when I traveled to Canada to see my Mom. I had the pre-test before I got on the plane to Canada, got chosen for the random test at the airport in Toronto and then another test to come home.

I never got tested before.

We are doing way more than we did a year ago. Testing is one of the reasons people feel like they can do more.

It's about learning to live with a virus.

As we see positive cases surge, what I would like to know is how the rate of testing has increased.

Old 12-27-2021, 09:20 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I no longer recognize NY.

What happened to the 'tough as nails' NY-er?

Now they are terrified simpletons who cannot figure out by themselves if they are sick or not.
Lol yep, New Yorkers used to have that great reputation. I always flash to this scene from Spider Man which seemed to typify New Yorkers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt0Fv0W-CSo

It''s not actually to about 4 minutes in when the New Yorkers start throwing stuff at the Green Goblin but it is a great scene. It's also a bit on point as the Green Goblin points out that you never know when some Lunatic will come along and give you a Sadistic Choice. oh such as losing your job and facing financial ruin or take a vaccine you do not wish to take.

Old 12-27-2021, 09:25 AM

9,880 posts, read 4,646,105 times
I get it there is a deadline in NYC for those that actually need it. Can't help but think there some excessively squeamish about health issues or those hoping to exploit/sell those tests as well.

Old 12-27-2021, 09:32 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
hey folks....the CFR for covid has gone from near 6% in 2020 to 1.57% in 2021...less people dying.

Notice we're not getting "death counts" daily anymore ?
Now it's just cases and testing.
nope, the media is screaming "cases".......and not qualifying how many tests were given

Old 12-27-2021, 09:41 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Sure some folks are 'paranoid' and many are just trying to add one more layer to try and keep Grandma safe.

I was tested three times in a week when I traveled to Canada to see my Mom. I had the pre-test before I got on the plane to Canada, got chosen for the random test at the airport in Toronto and then another test to come home.

I never got tested before.

We are doing way more than we did a year ago. Testing is one of the reasons people feel like they can do more.

It's about learning to live with a virus.

As we see positive cases surge, what I would like to know is how the rate of testing has increased.
I don't think it's being paranoid when dealing with an illness that has killed more Americans than were killed in ALL of the various wars the U.S. has been involved in dating back to 1865.

Old 12-27-2021, 09:43 AM

524 posts, read 246,606 times
Doesn't NY require weekly testing for unvaccinated City and State employees? I imagine that puts quite a burden on the supply of tests, to speak nothing of the wait times at testing centers.

Old 12-27-2021, 10:04 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I don't think it's being paranoid when dealing with an illness that has killed more Americans than were killed in ALL of the various wars the U.S. has been involved in dating back to 1865.
Means we have a great military. I take that as a compliment to our armed forces.
Also means we are a nation of fat unhealthy slobs with weakened immune systems and a pi$$ poor healthcare infrastructure.

Old 12-27-2021, 10:04 AM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Lol yep, New Yorkers used to have that great reputation. I always flash to this scene from Spider Man which seemed to typify New Yorkers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt0Fv0W-CSo

It''s not actually to about 4 minutes in when the New Yorkers start throwing stuff at the Green Goblin but it is a great scene. It's also a bit on point as the Green Goblin points out that you never know when some Lunatic will come along and give you a Sadistic Choice. oh such as losing your job and facing financial ruin or take a vaccine you do not wish to take.
^^^That is fiction.

Old 12-27-2021, 10:08 AM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No, NY-ers used to be tough.

If you tried to tell them what to do, they'd tell you to get lost.

Now, they are lining up in 30 degree weather to get a test that tells them they MIGHT have a cold.

Anyone who was really sick would be at home in bed.
That sounds more like stubborness rather than toughness. Tough would be day-day living in Alaska or Montana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies