Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2021, 08:23 PM

1,969 posts, read 675,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
But I’ve never seen a smoker or obese person argue with us or doctors about their treatment. Lots of unvaccinated patients not only won’t protect themselves & other ppl….but they think they have a medical license on how to treat covid, like the ppl who insist on receiving Ivermectin against science when they won’t get a vaccine. It makes no sense.

It is burning out hospital staff that this country is taking for granted IMO.
Me neither! The whole Fat-Acceptance movement was clearly in my head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2021, 08:56 PM

3,642 posts, read 1,596,995 times
The nurse is from Dayton, OH. Let's look at OH bed capacity (from Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Research Center)

Last year in Ohio on Dec 28,2020:

- total of 4,256 ICU beds
- 74% covid occupied
- 1,127 covid patients

As of this year Dec 27,2021:

- total of 3,899 ICU beds (where did 357 ICU beds go?)
- 79% covid occupied (if you found those lost 357 ICU beds it would be lower percentage. Still, not near capacity)
- 1,240 covid patients

On the Ohio weekly hospitalizations graph you can see a clear trend line: Since July 2021, when covid hospitalizations began surging up, the total number of ICU beds were going down!

Wow. When people are needing intensive care, ICU beds are going away! Gross mismanagement of staffing and facilities, or on purpose? IDK

Old 12-28-2021, 09:17 PM

1,969 posts, read 675,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
The nurse is from Dayton, OH. Let's look at OH bed capacity (from Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Research Center)

- 74% covid occupied
- 1,127 covid patients

- 79% covid occupied (if you found those lost 357 ICU beds it would be lower percentage. Still, not near capacity)
- 1,240 covid patients

On the Ohio weekly hospitalizations graph you can see a clear trend line: Since July 2021, when covid hospitalizations began surging up, the total number of ICU beds were going down!

Wow. When people are needing intensive care, ICU beds are going away! Gross mismanagement of staffing and facilities, or on purpose? IDK
It's been said over and over that hospitals like to keep close to capacity. I wrote a post about it (have done hospital facility design work). It's expensive to keep those systems operational if no one uses them. All the whining about ICU capacity is meaningless.

Old 12-28-2021, 09:47 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You're not a health insurance company.

The ER can't deny anyone of healthcare, regardless if you're 300 pounds and vaccinated.

They absolutely can. If they are understaffed and overloaded with patients, they have no choice. They have to have the beds to accommodate these people.

Old 12-29-2021, 12:12 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post

- 74% covid occupied
- 1,127 covid patients

- 1,240 covid patients

Wtf?

Where did you get that 79% of ICU beds are filled with Covid patients?! Do you know how to read a graph? The pinkish/orange color are those patients with Covid. This has been my point all along. Hospitals in general, are not close to being overrun with Covid patients. This has been a false narrative for quite some time. Ohio might be a little higher than the norm, but the graph clearly shows that less than 1/3 (33%) are occupied by Covid patients. And if you look at in-patient check-ins, it's less than 1 in 7. I'm amazed how so many of these threads go on for pages and people just accept this hogwash without looking at the actual numbers. I pointed this out quite some time ago and people just keep ignoring the data.

ICUs are NOT overrun with Covid patients. ICU (pre-covid) were typically run at 65% capacity (clearly all non-covid) patients. As ICUs get near 100%, it is the extra 1/3 that tend to get filled up with Covid patients. It has been a capacity issue from the start as there are only 3 ICU beds for every 10,000 people. This isn't rocket science folks. And it's one of the reasons I have never lost my mind when the media and posters like the OP act like Henny Penny.

There are a myriad of posters here that push false narratives. And when you point it out (like the guy in this commercial), this group ignores it and continue on with their disingenuous claims.

https://youtu.be/VRrMu7B1L2I

My question to those that get angry at threads like these is why don't you call out dishonesty from the start of the thread? Instead you accept it and than go on for pages arguing about it. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited by dicipher; 12-29-2021 at 12:48 AM..

Old 12-29-2021, 12:47 AM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How about going after the people who thought that ventilators were a good idea?
The initial use of ventilators was because pre-covid people with oxygen levels seen in covid patients needed them. It took a while to figure out that covid patients just needed oxygen, not assisted ventilation.

Quote:
Doctors kill about a quarter million people per year due to human error
Nope. That number is based on a horrible paper that extrapolated from a tiny number of deaths.

https://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2...year-in-the-us

Old 12-29-2021, 03:19 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Me neither! The whole Fat-Acceptance movement was clearly in my head
Being obese and a Pot smoker is totally acceptable in the U.S. My body, my choice, right?

Old 12-29-2021, 03:25 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
First we need to deal with the smokers and obese.
Then we can move onto the unvaccinated.
Thanks for demonstrating what our problem is. Obesity and smoking are not contagious. It`s been 2 years now and there really isn`t an excuse for not knowing what the words contagious and asymptomatic mean.

Old 12-29-2021, 03:28 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
When I see "hospitals are making money" posts I don`t know whether to laugh or cry at such idiocy. Can I buy hospital stocks from a broker?

Old 12-29-2021, 03:36 AM

2,034 posts, read 852,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Why do anti-vaxxers, who don't believe in doctors or medical science, flock to the doctors and medical science when they get sick? They are expecting the very people they have been calling frauds to suddenly heal them. Why do they trust them all of a sudden?

Stay home and eat your horse paste. Walk your talk. Don't go to the very institutions you refuse to take advice from to keep you from getting sick when you suddenly get sick, just as they have been futilely warning you for years now.

Hypocrites.
Lol it’s now estimated that 95% of all deaths from Covid could’ve been prevented with early at home treatment of therapeutics. Therapeutics that actually did work but due to political pressure or censored and those promoting it threatened. The stuff is starting to leak out little by little each day. Worn more doctors getting on board calling out the government and the media on this BS.

The protocol that your above post must truly support? Was to in fact sit home with Covid until you couldn’t breathe and then rushed to the hospital so you could die. Early treatment was refused by your own government. Front line doctors and others risked their careers to provide life saving early theraputics and treatment.

Hospitals have treated thousands with severe reaction up to including death from the vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies