Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 04:59 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why are people looking for tests?

Who or what is requiring a home-based test result?
I have some relatives going for a Christmas visit if 3 days to a Doctor and his family.
They were requested to get a .Covid test before they got on the plane and then another as soon as they arrived from a 1.5 hour flight. BOTH RELATIVES ARE vaccinated and Boosted. Both are Young. The people they visiting are vaccinated and Boosted. All are extreme Leftists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
May I ask why soooo many people are running out and getting tested these days. Are THAT many people suddenly feeling sick??
They mostly don’t feel sick, they are scared. Perhaps they sneezed when they woke up or have minor cold symptoms. I would remind everyone that as of right now —- there is not a single death in the USA of anyone dying from the latest Covid Variant . Not even ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Yeah, but why is it NOW where testing is suddenly in high demand?
The Biden White House and King Fauci told the American public it a “Dark Winter” and they could DIE.
The PanicDemic is rampant. Keep in mind that the more Tests they can convince people to take, the more Pamic Numbers they can report and keep the Lockdowns and PANIC continuing.

It’s a massive MoneyMaker for somebody because none of this is FREE. The Taxpayers foot the bill for all of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2021, 05:06 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Probably the anti-vaxxer, anti-masker, COVID denier who intentionally comes into the office when they have a cold. Work culture used to be different. Most places I worked unless you were projectiling from both ends or completely bed bound, you got your butt to work and made the office get sick.
Did you read her post?

Everyone in the office is "triple-vaxxed," masked up, tests at minimum 2x a week... and has separate offices.

And you STILL think that they are at risk for COVID?

triple vaccinated

wearing masks

testing 2x a week minimum.

What level of security are you seeking> You are heading to bubble boy territory or Boo Radley territory. Never leave the house ever.

Do you not see the insanity? At all?

Aside from the myth that only an unvaccinated person can pass along the infection. That's a lie. Otherwise why would TRIPLE VACCINATED MASK WEARERS surrounded by TRIPLE VACCINATED MASK WEARERS need to be tested 2x a week?

Madness, utter and complete madness.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:08 PM

366 posts, read 110,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
In the Chicago burbs. I drove over to a testing site during lunch and at least 30 people standing outside and the line isn’t moving. It’s cold and rainy here and sick people (not all are sick I know but some are) have to stand outside for hours? I call a local outpatient clinic that has testing. It tells you to press 2 to speak to a representative. Nobody answers. I call my primary care office. 15 callers ahead. I go online and not finding a home test anywhere.
Why would you ever get tested for this??? It has a 99.9% survival rate

Old 12-27-2021, 05:14 PM

366 posts, read 110,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
I don't know if it's different in other areas of the country, but there they're 2/$24 at Walgreens but 2/$14 at Walmart. Once they come back in stock, you might check Walmart in your area to see if they're cheaper if you want to have a few around.
Highway robbery, you’re making companies like mine bank with all the testing...no wonder our stock price is higher than ever.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:16 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelinnen View Post
why would you ever get tested for this??? It has a 99.9% survival rate
this.

X1000

Old 12-27-2021, 05:20 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
It’s a step that people can take to protect others.

Vaccination can help to keep people out of hospital.

Good masks can reduce the risk of spreading/contracting covid.

The three in combination offer the most amount of protection for everybody.

I think the majority who test do so as a precautionary measure to protect any vulnerable family members/friends before getting together - or before having a gathering of people indoors. Or if they have symptoms that could indicate possible infection.

I can’t think for a second that people would be testing every single time they went to the grocery store or gas station etc.

Those who won’t wear masks or get vaccinated probably aren’t likely to be getting tested anyway.
You realize you will never go back to normal by doing all of this.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
That the vaccines don't work well at all for Omicron is no surprise which that's around ~75% of new cases. Oh, and seen the 7-day caseload? Testing is an extra precaution you can take or not take. Some people go around with their normal daily activities even though they know they're positive. Other people haven't left their house for going on two years. Somewhere between those two extremes is what I would recommend and find what works for you.

Larger gatherings typically revolve around putting food into your mouth, difficult to do with a mask.
Omicron also resembles cold symptoms so even if the vaccine doesn’t work, why all of the extra precautions?

Old 12-27-2021, 06:30 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Omicron also resembles cold symptoms so even if the vaccine doesn’t work, why all of the extra precautions?
It resembles a cold in most people, especially those who are at low risk to begin with. However it’s not the same as a big standard, which does not put children in the hospital like South African health officials were reporting for omicron.

I am so tired and over Covid at this point but a virus does not have the capacity to care what I think. The more barriers in place to prevent transmission, the fewer chances the virus has to mutate further and become something worse than omicron again.

There’s a middle path to getting through this that’s between ‘do nothing’ and ‘hide in your basement’ and I do r know if it’s a failing of the American educational system or just stupidity that so many people believe that life can only be binary instead of nuanced.

Old 12-27-2021, 06:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
It resembles a cold in most people, especially those who are at low risk to begin with. However it’s not the same as a big standard, which does not put children in the hospital like South African health officials were reporting for omicron.

I am so tired and over Covid at this point but a virus does not have the capacity to care what I think. The more barriers in place to prevent transmission, the fewer chances the virus has to mutate further and become something worse than omicron again.

There’s a middle path to getting through this that’s between ‘do nothing’ and ‘hide in your basement’ and I do r know if it’s a failing of the American educational system or just stupidity that so many people believe that life can only be binary instead of nuanced.
The middle path is simple.

If you're sick, stay home. That means, if you have symptoms and feel like crap? Stay home.

Everyone else? Do whatever.

People can vaccine up and mask up voluntarily.

Stop acting as though everyone is GOING TO DIE.

We're not.

Old 12-27-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post

Maybe we just disagree on what middle ground means. For me it means testing if we have symptoms but otherwise living normally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies