Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2021, 02:25 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Not every “holiday” was created by a convicted violent felon scum that tortured women. I know you’re not defending him.

What did MTG say that wasn’t true? Let’s hear it.
Who said anything about the founder?

Every holiday was created. It obviously does exist so it’s real.

Why is MTG so angry about people celebrating it? How does it affect her life?

Some people are so obsessed with any and everything AAs do. It’s so weird.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:25 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Those people love their felons.

Look at the hero worship we saw over George Floyd last summer.
Who exactly are you talking about when you say "those people"?

Old 12-28-2021, 02:29 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post

The last sentence says everything I've been thinking about. Anything African-Americans do seems to elicit some kind of obsession. When it comes to politics, the Black American vote gets obsessed about and complained about more than anyone else's vote.

Kwanzaa doesn't affect my life. I celebrate Christmas, not Kwazaa. It doesn't affect MTG. I think she said what she said as a way to complain about Black people. He remarks about how Black Americans vote, her complaining about how Blacks feel about Confederate monuments, she seems to have a problem with much of the Black population.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:31 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Those people love their felons.

Look at the hero worship we saw over George Floyd last summer.
Amazing the number of hypocrites that have bashed MTG on her comment re Kwanzaa and it’s creator while totally avoiding saying anything negative about this savage convicted felon, Maulana “Ron” Karenga, and his torturing of women.

David Duke has nothing on this guy. Yet this violent separatist racist felon they totally ignore. MTG was correct in her assessment. A true “psychopath”.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:33 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,263,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And I disagree with you. The "Black block" has nothing to do with "mental slavery". Black people don't think the Democratic Party is "so great". It's a matter of "Democratic Party bad, Republican Party (as of the last 50 years) worse". It's basically pick the lesser of two evils. This isn't "mental slavery". It's a matter of "who do you pick? The party that pities you, or the party that speaks ill of you"?
If that pity leads to actions that are detrimental to me, then I'd rather someone speak ill of me but more or less gets the heck out of my way. But that's just me, sticks and stones and all.

You and I have done this dance before, and this thread isn't about this topic, so I won't belabor the point, but one key observation is that you speak to what black folk _will_ do, I speak to what black folk _should_ do. It's that apathy (or politically generated fear) that has lead to the current state of affairs, and until that changes, things will only get worse.

But I do agree that we disagree, fair enough.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post

I said something about the founder. If the guy was white he’d be all over the media where they’d talk about what a vile man he was serving time for torturing women.

The silence on this scum Maulana Karenga “Kwanzaa” guy is deafening.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:50 PM

Part of the reason this Kwanzaa nut creator, Maulana “Ron” Karenga, served prison time before he was paroled in 1975:

In 1971, Karenga was sentenced to 1 to 10 years in prison on counts of felony assault and false imprisonment.[16] One of the victims gave testimony of how Karenga and other men tortured her and another woman. The woman described having been stripped naked and beaten with an electrical cord. Karenga's estranged wife, Brenda Lorraine Karenga, testified that she sat on the other woman's stomach while another man forced water into her mouth through a hose.

Deborah Jones, who once was given the Swahili title of an African queen, said she and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothes. She testified that a hot soldering iron was placed in Miss Davis' mouth and placed against Miss Davis' face and that one of her own big toes was tightened in a vise. Karenga, head of US, also put detergent and running hoses in their mouths, she said. They also were hit on the heads with toasters.

Nice guy. This is who MTG was talking about.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Who exactly are you talking about when you say "those people"?
I’m assuming anyone that worships dangerous felons like Floyd or the dangerous felon creator of Kwanzaa.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:59 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,999 times
Why do people have to repost what this reprehensible woman says...just ignore her...the more people ignore blowhards like this they more they will go away.

Old 12-28-2021, 03:03 PM

37,175 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Kwanzaa is not a religious holiday. There are seven ideals celebrated during Kwanzaa - Unity, Self-Determination, Collective Work and Responsibility, Cooperative Economics, Cooperative purpose, Creativity, and Faith.

I really don't understand why anyone would take exception to anyone celebrating it, unless it was on perceived racial grounds. Can someone explain it to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies