Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2021, 06:59 PM

1,742 posts, read 958,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Here are facts about Kwanzaa:

- Nobody celebrates it.

- Nobody knows what it means or represents.

- Hardly anybody is aware of what day it falls on.

- Hardly anybody knows how it originated.

- Most African Americans go out of their way to say they don't identify with Kwanzaa and it doesn't represent their culture.

And yet, if you say anything against Kwanzaa, you are immediately denounced as a racist, bigoted scum that doesn't deserve to have free speech.

This is how much of a stronghold the left-wing has over discourse in American politics.
Then why would she go out of her way to even mention it? She meant to stir up trouble and controversy. Nothing good can come out of this. There are probably some people in her district who celebrate Kwanzaa. She went out of her way to alienate them. Those who celebrate Kwanzaa aren’t hurting anyone. She’s just a nasty human being. She’s hurting the Republican Party’s attempt to be more appealing to black Americans and other minorities. Do they want to win elections or not?

Old 12-28-2021, 07:15 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Why do people have to repost what this reprehensible woman says...just ignore her...the more people ignore blowhards like this they more they will go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Her support base eats up everything she has to say.
thankfully, she seems to have fewer than 6K people that agree with her.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:15 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,961,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Then why would she go out of her way to even mention it? She meant to stir up trouble and controversy. Nothing good can come out of this. There are probably some people in her district who celebrate Kwanzaa. She went out of her way to alienate them. Those who celebrate Kwanzaa aren’t hurting anyone. She’s just a nasty human being. She’s hurting the Republican Party’s attempt to be more appealing to black Americans and other minorities. Do they want to win elections or not?
Are you defending the vile creator of Kwanzaa? He served time for torturing women. You think MTG is anywhere near as bad as this violent trash.

MTG said he was a psychopath. And that’s exactly what he is. Try researching Kwanzaa and it’s violent felon creator.

He’s worse than David Duke ever was but it seems MTG’s detractors have nothing to say about him. Those very few people that celebrate Kwanzaa look up to a violent felon that served time for torturing women. “Kwanzaa” is bogus tripe thought up by a violent clown.

MTG hit the nail on the head. Never heard of her until these threads but now I’m supporting her.

Racists love this racist separatist Kwanzaa and it’s vile racist felon creator. They B’ about MTG because they support a vile racist and his silly cult.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
thankfully, she seems to have fewer than 6K people that agree with her.
And that’s about 5000 more people than Kwanzaa has followers.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
MTG has shown us who she is. If there is anyone who supports her, why should I support someone like her? Why would I want here representing me?

By the way, I used to live in that district. When I was living there, Tom Graves represented the district. I didn't vote for him, but I was outnumbered, so I was stuck with him. My parents don't support him either, but, they were outnumbered too. The only reason I stayed was because it was cheap. One places I had been living in the cost of living was going up.

I no longer live in that district. Her district, well, I grew up in one of those counties. When I was living there, it was part of the 7th Congressional District (before it too was re-drawn). I hated living there. I had alot of bad experiences living there, especially dealing with racism. To be honest, living there left a bitter taste in my mouth. Had I lived in Sandy Springs, Decatur, or if we continued living in Marietta (where we first moved to when me and family first got to the Atlanta area), I would have had a much better experience.

GA Congressional District 14 comprises all of Northwest Georgia and some of the exurban outskirts of the metro Atlanta area. Growing up, it was a common to see people flying Confederate flags from their trucks and their houses, especially in areas with the older houses.

I think about the area she represents, and then I think about when I grew up there (before going off to college). And then I think about when I moved back (for economic reasons. I had graduated from college, but needed to go back until I got steady work. I moved back in with my parents for a time). I think about my own experiences. I was the happiest when I was away from there.
Nobody cares if you don’t support her or the confederacy. If you do end up supporting her I’ll stop supporting her because for you to agree with her it would have to be something she does that I don’t agree with.

Happy Kwanzaa!

Old 12-28-2021, 07:48 PM

73,004 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
That is a very good question. Why would she go out of her way to bring it up?

We both know not many Black Americans even identify with Kwanzaa. However, it's one of those things going after it would cause more problems. Why would she even mention it, other than it even being remotely associated with Black Americans?

This is what I know about Greene's district. Georgia's 14th Congressional district.

77.5% White
10.8% Hispanic
8.9% Black
1.4% Two or more races
1.0% Asian
0.4% other

She could win easily. Not many Black Americans living in her district, relative to other parts of Georgia. She doesn't need Blacks to win. She can get away with making comments like that. She is indeed hurting the GOP's efforts to appeal to more Black Americans. However, given the demographics of her district, appealing to Black Americans won't be something she worries about. She's not going to care because she doesn't have to.

I know the district personally. At one point, I lived in one of the counties that is part of that district. I remember when I could go in certain places and find people flying Confederate flags from their yards. Some parts of that district, you could still find that.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:51 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
If you are all in a knot about Kwanza -- that's on you.

I get it. I think it is a 'new found' tradition.

But what do I care.

GEtting drunk on green beer is an old found tradition and I opt out of that one too.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:55 PM

18,724 posts, read 7,602,949 times
Kwanzaa is a racist American holiday developed as a reaction to the Watts riots in California in 1966, for the purpose of calming down black people and giving them something to celebrate. The founder believed that Christmas was a "white people's holiday", and opposed it for that reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

American Maulana Karenga created Kwanzaa in 1966 during the aftermath of the Watts riots as a specifically African-American holiday. Karenga said his goal was to "give blacks an alternative to the existing holiday of Christmas and give blacks an opportunity to celebrate themselves and their history, rather than simply imitate the practice of the dominant society." For Karenga, a major figure in the Black Power movement of the 1960s and 1970s, the creation of such holidays also underscored the essential premise that "you must have a cultural revolution before the violent revolution. The cultural revolution gives identity, purpose, and direction."

During the early years of Kwanzaa, Karenga said it was meant to be an alternative to Christmas. He believed Jesus was psychotic and Christianity was a "White" religion that Black people should shun.

----------------------------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maulana_Karenga

Karenga and Hakim Jamal co-founded the black nationalist group US Organization, which became involved in violent clashes with the Black Panther Party in 1969. In 1971, he was convicted of felony assault, torture, and false imprisonment. He denied involvement and claimed the prosecution was political in nature. Karenga was imprisoned in California Men's Colony until he received parole in 1975.

According to Louis Tackwood, a former informant with the Los Angeles Police Department's Criminal Conspiracies Section and author of The Glass House Tapes, Ronald Karenga was knowingly provided financial, arms, and other support by LAPD, with Tackwood as liaison, for US operations against the Black Panthers.

Looks like Marjorie Taylor Greene had him nailed. He was, in fact, a psychopath as well as a flagrant racist.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:55 PM

73,004 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If you are all in a knot about Kwanza -- that's on you.

I get it. I think it is a 'new found' tradition.

But what do I care.

GEtting drunk on green beer is an old found tradition and I opt out of that one too.
I'm not into Kwanzaa. However, I do think about what dog whistles are. To me, MTG bringing up Kwanzaa was more about using a dog whistle than anything else.

Old 12-28-2021, 08:07 PM

1,742 posts, read 958,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Are you defending the vile creator of Kwanzaa? He served time for torturing women. You think MTG is anywhere near as bad as this violent trash.

MTG said he was a psychopath. And that’s exactly what he is. Try researching Kwanzaa and it’s violent felon creator.

He’s worse than David Duke ever was but it seems MTG’s detractors have nothing to say about him. Those very few people that celebrate Kwanzaa look up to a violent felon that served time for torturing women. “Kwanzaa” is bogus tripe thought up by a violent clown.

MTG hit the nail on the head. Never heard of her until these threads but now I’m supporting her.

Racists love this racist separatist Kwanzaa and it’s vile racist felon creator. They B’ about MTG because they support a vile racist and his silly cult.
I’m not defending anyone. And please stop trying to “educate” me about Kwanzaa and the man who created it. I’ve been aware of him since I was in college ( he’s a professor at my university). In my opinion, he has a checkered past that he has never owned up to. I am not an admirer. Kwanzaa seems to be more of a relic of the 1970’s than anything else. It’s popularity seems to have waned considerably. But for those who do celebrate it, there is no need for an elected official to disparage their celebration. She does nothing to promote unity. She sows division. She is a blot on the Republican Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies