Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 07:26 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
As someone said to many of us during Trump - how's your 401K doing?
Many poor blacks and poor single women with children and young people don't have 401k's.

There is a difference between a Fed artificially inflated Wall Street and main street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 07:28 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Agree, only difference the Republicans have been the party of just block everything and bring nothing to the table.
Manchin and Sinema are Democrats, not Republicans.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:29 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
World peace and happiness for all?

J/K

Old 01-01-2022, 07:49 AM

899 posts, read 540,929 times
Predictions for 2022? Since 2019 each year has been so unpredictable that it's dangerous to predict too much. But I will give it a try.

Inflation persists through all of 2022 at a stubbornly high but not necessarily dangerous levels. The Feds will raise interest rates slightly but fearful of causing a recession won't raise them too much either, which means neither here nor there. The housing market remains robust due to severe shortage of supply. We end the year with more inflation, most people's real incomes declining once again, and another big increase in housing values. Unemployment will remain fairly low, perhaps a bit higher than now, but sub 6%, however, economic frustration and fears are real, especially with declining buying powers for everyone outside the elite coastal bubbles. Threats of a genuine recession remain real with cooling signs aplenty in many areas of the economy as inflation finally catches up and affects personal spending and demand, but it hasn't happened - yet.

Republicans win back the Senate and House of Representatives. They win a thumping majority in the House. Pelosi is still reelected from California and remains leader of the Democrats. Senate is a smaller victory but they have control.

Media: mainstream progressive media is even more hysterical than ever at the Republican victories, which they cannot understand, just as they have never understood any Republican victories, and will double down (again) on white supremacy claims despite record high numbers of non-whites voting for the Republicans and perhaps even approaching a genuine 50-50 split among Hispanic voters for the parties. Expect to see many headlines in the Washington Post and NYTimes attempting to explain the insidious white supremacy and why non-whites are blind to their own white supremacy.

Joe Biden: continues his mental decline behind the scenes, setting up a proper gridlock between the Republican congress and the Biden White House operatives. Democrats are frantic, because it's apparent they have no real options other than rerun Biden in 2024 against a resurgent Donald Trump (cue to the media to get even more hysterical). The party will start to tear each other apart following the 2022 midterm losses and fears over 2024. They will have lost any chance at appointing another SC justice as Breyer refuses to retire.

Democratic-run cities continue their spiraling crime and murder rates, with the possible exception of New York, where things may tone down a bit. Too much money by too many powerful interests are at stake in New York and will put due pressure on a receptive moderate new mayor to return to the Bloomberg style of governing, but most of the other major cities (Portland, Chicago, Seattle, Baltimore, Minneapolis, Philadelphia etc) are too beholden to progressives to allow meaningful reform.

Donald Trump: will be priming himself for a 2024 campaign (cue for even more hysteria among the media).

COVID: COVID paranoia will continue through the 2022 midterms but once the Democrats are decisively defeated, it will suddenly vanish as if it'd never happened, no longer useful as a political tool. And most Democrats will discover despite wearing masks for three years, being triple vaccinated (maybe even quadrupled vaccinated), they still got COVID. If anything, we may see a subtle withdrawal from the COVID hysteria throughout the year, as the prominent figures suddenly pretend they knew all along the vaccines didn't stop you from getting infected, didn't stop you from spreading it to others, and wasn't really necessary for large swathes of the population. First thing Rand Paul does once he takes power will be to launch an investigation into Anthony Fauci, which will dominate 2023.

And I will be munching popcorn watching the world from my little house.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:13 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
More looting and rioting, so get the popcorn ready.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:16 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
2021 was the prelude. 2022 will be worse. Desperate people do crazy things.
The Democrats are more desperate by the day.
I'll go with this.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:17 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
I'm sorry so many of you have had a rotten 2021.

COVID is frustrating things but I had a fun year. Some great concerts, trips, friend and family events.

I'm looking forward to more of the same in 2023, my first grandchild....and my husband's last year of work.

Kind of exciting.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:18 AM

7,493 posts, read 7,176,530 times
I don't think Trump's terrorist will in 2022.

2024 maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

Old 01-01-2022, 08:54 AM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Death and Destruction.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:57 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Another attempt to enthrone fealerss leader, I doubt it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies