Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 01:01 AM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
My mom who was super healthy 2 months ago had a stroke and blood clots as a result of the vaccine. Shes on day 12 of being in the hospital. She took Moderna.
My husband, who is 81 and not super healthy - he's obese, has high blood pressure and long-standing cardiac issues - has had all three shots and is just fine, as is everyone else I know who is vaccinated. These wacko extreme right "news" sites are making huge profits from feeding you lies and making the vaccine seem like a Republicans vs. Democrats issue instead of a worldwide health emergency.

I'm sorry about your mom, but even healthy-seeming people can have strokes or blood clots. A very healthy friend of mine who exercised and watched his weight died suddenly of a DVT, and that was before the pandemic. Does your mother's doctor say that the vaccine caused her condition, or is that just your opinion? Best wishes to her for a full recovery.

Old 12-28-2021, 01:29 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,366,655 times
“all the clotting, bleeding and things you would expect from the vaccine"

No one expects this. Its a lie being tossed around as though its a fact, substantiated by nothing more than "_____ said".

Old 12-28-2021, 01:53 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
My mom who was super healthy 2 months ago had a stroke and blood clots as a result of the vaccine. Shes on day 12 of being in the hospital. She took Moderna.
I'm very sorry to hear this.

Prayers for your Mom that she recovers from her vaccine injuries.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:12 AM

1,129 posts, read 470,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
“all the clotting, bleeding and things you would expect from the vaccine"

No one expects this. Its a lie being tossed around as though its a fact, substantiated by nothing more than "_____ said".
Its not a lie, if you look further than the mainstream media who are entirely in the pocket of big pharma you'll find plenty of vaccine damaged people let alone deaths.

Take a look at https://www.realnotrare.com these people here have no agenda, they are asking for help navigating their lives with vaccine injuries, every day there are more.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:15 AM

12,201 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I would not trust any information from the Gateway Pundit. They are a far right fake news website. An actual news reporter would cite sources and name names instead of quoting "anonymous" nurses.
Good luck waiting for the liberal mainstream media telling you anything that goes against the liberal agenda.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Good luck waiting for the liberal mainstream media telling you anything that goes against the liberal agenda.
"The liberal agenda" is a fiction created by right-wing media to divide Americans against each other and drive viewership to their fake news sites. They're making millions off uninformed people who prefer conspiracy theories to facts. They're the ones with the agenda.

If there were truly a liberal agenda, I wouldn't be seeing news stories critical of President Biden in the New York Times and other respected news sources. Also, as someone who formerly worked in the news media (TV), I can tell you that yes, the media relies on advertising to pay the bills, and some of that advertising is from pharmaceutical companies. Along with car companies, insurance companies, banks, hotel chains, makers of consumer goods like detergent and toilet paper, guys who sell pillows, etc. etc.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea4 View Post
"the liberal agenda" is a fiction created by right-wing media to divide americans against each other and drive viewership to their fake news sites. They're making millions off uninformed people who prefer conspiracy theories to facts. They're the ones with the agenda.

if there were truly a liberal agenda, i wouldn't be seeing news stories critical of president biden in the new york times and other respected news sources. Also, as someone who formerly worked in the news media (tv), i can tell you that yes, the media relies on advertising to pay the bills, and some of that advertising is from pharmaceutical companies. Along with car companies, insurance companies, banks, hotel chains, makers of consumer goods like detergent and toilet paper, guys who sell pillows, etc. Etc.
^^^This is P R O J E C T I O N supplemented with BIAS!^^^

Old 12-28-2021, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
^^^This is P R O J E C T I O N supplemented with BIAS!^^^

I see a lot of that coming from the other side, too. We are all human beings with worldviews formed by our own knowledge and experience. it's impossible to be 100% objective. Even respected news sources are not 100% objective because somebody has to decide which stories to cover and how much time or space to give them. For example, a bold front page headline versus a three-paragraph story on the back page.

My only bias is wanting to stay alive and being sad and disappointed that so many Americans are willing to take all these conspiracy theories on faith and dismiss actual scientific evidence.

Yes, there have been some bad reactions to the vaccine, but the number of cases is minuscule compared to the overwhelming majority of people who have had no problem at all. And it's even more insignificant compared to the millions of people worldwide who have died because of Covid, many regretting on their deathbeds that they believed the lies and didn't get the vaccine when they had the chance.

Old 12-28-2021, 03:44 AM

37,104 posts, read 41,261,487 times
The fact that an event follows vaccination is not proof that the vaccine caused that event. Here is a discussion on the difficulty in determining causation.

https://theparadise.ng/understanding...r-vaccination/

“We’re talking about treating very, very large populations, which means that you’re going to see the usual run of mortality and morbidity that you see across large samples. Specifically, if you take 10 million people and just wave your hand back and forth over their upper arms, in the next two months you would expect to see about 4,000 heart attacks. About 4,000 strokes. Over 9,000 new diagnoses of cancer. And about 14,000 of that ten million will die, out of usual all-causes mortality. No one would notice. That’s how many people die and get sick anyway.

But if you took those ten million people and gave them a new vaccine instead, there’s a real danger that those heart attacks, cancer diagnoses, and deaths will be attributed to the vaccine. I mean, if you reach a large enough population, you are literally going to have cases where someone gets the vaccine and drops dead the next day (just as they would have if they *didn’t* get the vaccine). It could prove difficult to convince that person’s friends and relatives of that lack of connection, though. Post hoc ergo propter hoc is one of the most powerful fallacies of human logic, and we’re not going to get rid of it any time soon.”

Heart attacks were becoming more common in younger folks even before covid hit.

https://www.uhhospitals.org/Healthy-...younger-people

Ten to 15% of strokes occur in children and adults under age 45.

https://www.sutterhealth.org/health/...age-forty-five

Old 12-28-2021, 03:48 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I see a lot of that coming from the other side, too. We are all human beings with worldviews formed by our own knowledge and experience. it's impossible to be 100% objective. Even respected news sources are not 100% objective because somebody has to decide which stories to cover and how much time or space to give them. For example, a bold front page headline versus a three-paragraph story on the back page.

My only bias is wanting to stay alive and being sad and disappointed that so many Americans are willing to take all these conspiracy theories on faith and dismiss actual scientific evidence.

Yes, there have been some bad reactions to the vaccine, but the number of cases is minuscule compared to the overwhelming majority of people who have had no problem at all. And it's even more insignificant compared to the millions of people worldwide who have died because of Covid, many regretting on their deathbeds that they believed the lies and didn't get the vaccine when they had the chance.
Ever wonder why there was never a vaccine for the "common cold"?

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies