Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2021, 07:27 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
So when people who have gotten the vaccine suffer known side effects of said vaccine it’s not from the vaccine? Got it.

When exactly IS it from the vaccine? The known side effects of said vaccine that is. I mean why are these known side effects even warned about? For s$&@s and giggles?
Vaccines historically have been one of the safest items that we put in out bodies. They do waaaaaaaaaay more good than harm. Typically, a death occurs less that your chances of getting in a plane crash.

Old 12-31-2021, 07:53 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Vaccines historically have been one of the safest items that we put in out bodies. They do waaaaaaaaaay more good than harm. Typically, a death occurs less that your chances of getting in a plane crash.
Not so safe for thousands of people. But I guess you don’t care about them.

Old 12-31-2021, 08:38 AM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
If you contract Covid, there is an overall approximately 1% to 1.5% chance of dying. The risk of dying from the vaccine are something like 1,000 times less. Statistically, more people would have died from Covid than the vaccines. That's why we vaccinate.

Old 12-31-2021, 09:08 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Your friends and relatives are getting older, entering the age group where strokes and heart attacks are common.

Then there is the frequency illusion.

https://www.healthline.com/health/ba...hof-phenomenon
In January of 2020, a long-time friend of mine left her office, texted her teenage son that she was on her way home, and then others in the parking lot saw her SUV slowly smashing into other cars. She was dead behind the wheel of a brain aneurysm. 55 years old. A few days later, I learned that a former coworker had died at her desk of a heart attack. Age 54. In June, another long-time friend didn't show up for work. Her family found her dead on the couch with the TV on, her Uber Eats dinner from the night before on the front porch. She had a previously undetected medical condition and had bled internally. Age 56.

None of these women had COVID, and obviously none of them had had a vaccine, but still, that's three people I knew who were younger than me who died suddenly in less than six months. Their deaths were not connected. Sometimes stuff just happens. We want there to be explanations, we want it to make sense, we want someone to blame, but it's just biology.

Old 12-31-2021, 09:17 AM

1,969 posts, read 675,714 times
Quote:
So when people who have gotten the vaccine suffer known side effects of said vaccine it’s not from the vaccine? Got it.

When exactly IS it from the vaccine? The known side effects of said vaccine that is. I mean why are these known side effects even warned about? For s$&@s and giggles?
Nothing, it’s totally safe and effective unlike HCQ and IVM. Watch the swear words if you don’t want an anti-vax infraction.

Old 12-31-2021, 09:18 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:

That's the thing. Sometimes it could be from the vaccine. Those risks are known, as you said. The point people are making is that these effects from the vaccine are rare and happen more without the vaccine than with it. Not sure there is a way to tell at this point or not.

I know someone whose serious health condition we've speculated could be the result of the vaccine having an effect on another previously unknown condition that has nothing to do with the vaccine. When I mentioned to a doctor that the symptoms did show up a month after the vaccine, she said, "Oh, I have an open mind about that. My father got his first flu shot and died of a heart attack that night. Was it connected? I don't know one way or another, but there are always risks with any medical procedure."

The thing is, life is always a risk. You choose which risks you will take. A bunch of us worked in a building we knew was a terrorist target and would likely be hit again, and it was. Some of us died, and some lived, and it was horrible and sad, but the truth is that everyone who worked at the World Trade Center knew full well that we worked in a terrorist target and chose to take the risk to keep working there. I know two people who did not return after 2/26/93, by the way, because they knew it would happen again and they didn't want to take that risk.

Some people smoke, knowing the risks. People drive, knowing the risks. People eat McDonald's, knowing the risks. And some people take vaccines, knowing the risks, or refuse to take vaccines, knowing the risks.

There are no guarantees about anything except one: We are all going to die from something. In the meantime, we make choices about the risks we will take, every single day.

Old 12-31-2021, 11:05 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
Openvaers is collating the information submitted by Doctors and nurses and the current death toll stands at 20,622 it is believed only 1% of all adverse events are being reported which is no surprise given the unrelenting media and governments determination to follow the official narrative.

Take a look for yourself https://openvaers.com/
What do you mean "official narrative"? It was a right-wing President that more or less sponsored the vaccine. Do you really love lockdowns?

Old 12-31-2021, 11:43 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's the thing. Sometimes it could be from the vaccine. Those risks are known, as you said. The point people are making is that these effects from the vaccine are rare and happen more without the vaccine than with it. Not sure there is a way to tell at this point or not.

I know someone whose serious health condition we've speculated could be the result of the vaccine having an effect on another previously unknown condition that has nothing to do with the vaccine. When I mentioned to a doctor that the symptoms did show up a month after the vaccine, she said, "Oh, I have an open mind about that. My father got his first flu shot and died of a heart attack that night. Was it connected? I don't know one way or another, but there are always risks with any medical procedure."

The thing is, life is always a risk. You choose which risks you will take. A bunch of us worked in a building we knew was a terrorist target and would likely be hit again, and it was. Some of us died, and some lived, and it was horrible and sad, but the truth is that everyone who worked at the World Trade Center knew full well that we worked in a terrorist target and chose to take the risk to keep working there. I know two people who did not return after 2/26/93, by the way, because they knew it would happen again and they didn't want to take that risk.

Some people smoke, knowing the risks. People drive, knowing the risks. People eat McDonald's, knowing the risks. And some people take vaccines, knowing the risks, or refuse to take vaccines, knowing the risks.

There are no guarantees about anything except one: We are all going to die from something. In the meantime, we make choices about the risks we will take, every single day.
Great post.

I needed a bit of comfort food today and went to McDonalds for lunch. Was that good for me? Probably not. But it tasted good and I enjoyed the lunch. I'm going to be getting a few drinks tonight at one of the local bars. Is that good for me? Probably not. But I'm going to enjoy them. I'll take the risks in exchange for some enjoyment.

It's not the government's decision to tell ANYONE what to put into their body, especially not these "vaccines" which are not preventing the spread of covid (that's, kind of their job, isn't it?) and appear to have a lot of side effects and people dropping over dead from getting them.

Old 12-31-2021, 11:48 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
If you contract Covid, there is an overall approximately 1% to 1.5% chance of dying. The risk of dying from the vaccine are something like 1,000 times less. Statistically, more people would have died from Covid than the vaccines. That's why we vaccinate.
I have never denied that. I’m just trying to stress that people do have adverse reactions to these vaccines and it’s not always a “coincidence” when something bad happens to them after they get the vaccines. Some people refuse to acknowledge that and it’s disturbing. And BTW, I don’t think we have any idea what the true stats are concerning adverse effects of the vaccine.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:37 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Not if it saves hundreds of millions. Good outweighs the bad.
Tylenol kills thousands every year. You a proponent of yanking it off the shelves? -"Each year a substantial number of Americans experience intentional and unintentional Tylenol (acetaminophen) associated overdoses that can result in serious morbidity and mortality. Analysis of national databases show that acetaminophen-associated overdoses account for about 50,000 emergency room visits and 25,000 hospitalizations yearly. Acetaminophen is the nation's leading cause of acute liver failure, according to data from an ongoing study funded by the National Institutes for Health. Analysis of national mortality files shows about 450 deaths occur each year from acetaminophen-associated overdoses; 100 of these are unintentional."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies