Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 07:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I never celebrated Kwanzaa (or Juneteenth) a day in my life and I'm black.
And there are black people that choose to celebrate both.

Some Jewish people celebrate Christmas and Hanukah...talk about hypocrisy there -- lol.

Holidays are holidays. We how have Grandparent Day and Adoption Day and Women's Day and blah blah blah.....

Celebrate if you want and who cares who does or doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 07:31 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And there are black people that choose to celebrate both.

Some Jewish people celebrate Christmas and Hanukah...talk about hypocrisy there -- lol.

Holidays are holidays. We how have Grandparent Day and Adoption Day and Women's Day and blah blah blah.....

Celebrate if you want and who cares who does or doesn't.
Agreed. +1

Old 12-30-2021, 07:46 AM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Huh is right, only in reverse.

Maulana Ndabezitha Karenga (aka Ronald McKinley Everett) is an anti-white radical black racist/supremist, who is a convicted felon, who preaches hate.

That is a little different than the way you describe him. Any "holiday" created by him, should be dismissed in the same way a holiday created by a white racist should be.
Well said. Any “holiday” or “religion” or whatever the violent separatist creator that served time in prison for torturing women wanted to call it should be dismissed.

If he were white and created some similar bogus day for whites, these same people that defend Kwanzaa would be equating it with David Duke and the KKK as would the media and others.

The only difference is David Duke wasn’t convicted of felony assault, torture, and false imprisonment like Maulana “Ron” Karenga was.

A May 14, 1971, article in the Los Angeles Times described the testimony of one of the women:

Deborah Jones, who once was given the Swahili title of an African queen, said she and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothes. She testified that a hot soldering iron was placed in Miss Davis' mouth and placed against Miss Davis' face and that one of her own big toes was tightened in a vise. Karenga, head of US, also put detergent and running hoses in their mouths, she said. They also were hit on the heads with toasters.[17]

Old 12-30-2021, 09:24 AM

27,548 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why do some white posters want to squelch discussion of Kwanzaa when even black posters are calling it a sham?
Because Kwanzaa is not a legitimate holiday or celebration. African Americans universally celebrate Christmas during the holiday season.

Kwanzaa is a political weapon used by the left to keep people in line, make them confused and restrict their speech.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:29 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
It's simply not true. The holiday has nothing to do with black people. If it were, we would know something about it.

White liberals know more about Kwanzaa than black people do.
Very interesting that when I saw Dr. Kurenga, in college, almost 35 years ago, he said nothing, the OP claims......!

Old 12-30-2021, 09:33 AM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times
The real victims of Kwaanza are black people. As a white person, id be mad if the liberals started making up holidays for my color of skin.

Old 12-30-2021, 11:44 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It isn't cultish for you to be told to eat Irish food and drink beer on St. Patrick's Day?

Maybe Black people are a little more discerning than you give them credit. Maybe they fully know that Kwanzaa was created in 1966 and is based on harvest festivals that originated in Africa. Maybe they get all that and still choose to enjoy the holiday or choose not to.

Why the heck do you care.

Did the Black people step up and ask you to make sure they aren't being taken advantage of on this whole Kwanza thing?
Early Christians I am told couldn't get Pagans to stop celebrating during the season beginning with the Winter Solstice so they moved the birth of Jesus to the same time of year. I don't think Harvest Festivals originated in Africa per ce,. All of mankind acknowledged this time of year. My father grew up non-religious and rural and always taught us that it was this time of year that the fortunate and diligent black farmers shared what they had put away at this time of year. It meant they knew they had enough provisions to make it to the next planting season. Hyper African black culture skips over African American culture and displaces it with something less relative to the actual history and cultural experience of Black People.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:17 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Well said. Any “holiday” or “religion” or whatever the violent separatist creator that served time in prison for torturing women wanted to call it should be dismissed.

If he were white and created some similar bogus day for whites, these same people that defend Kwanzaa would be equating it with David Duke and the KKK as would the media and others.

The only difference is David Duke wasn’t convicted of felony assault, torture, and false imprisonment like Maulana “Ron” Karenga was.

A May 14, 1971, article in the Los Angeles Times described the testimony of one of the women:

Deborah Jones, who once was given the Swahili title of an African queen, said she and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothes. She testified that a hot soldering iron was placed in Miss Davis' mouth and placed against Miss Davis' face and that one of her own big toes was tightened in a vise. Karenga, head of US, also put detergent and running hoses in their mouths, she said. They also were hit on the heads with toasters.[17]
What a evil man

Old 12-30-2021, 03:31 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Never saw such concern over Kwanzaa, if someone enjoys something that doesn't effect you one but why do you care.

Some people are just so miserable they need to find some offense in anything.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Yeah, I’ve asked several black people about Kwanza, and while they didn’t mock it, almost all have mentioned they know very little about it and don’t celebrate it. I’ve seen plenty of Facebook pictures/posts of blacks celebrating Christmas last week and not a single mention of Kwanza from blacks I’m friends with on Facebook.
That's because we live in MAGA country.....lol.

I can tell you that some of my buddies mock it because every time some holiday thing comes out at work (and the same is done in my company), it's Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, etc. And they laugh, saying the white SJW's are so afraid of not including everyone that they're including a fake holiday probably 1% of the black population acknowledges. They view it as pandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
As a Polish American living in Chicago, this is still often repeated lol, as Chicago still has one of the largest Polish/Polish American populations

And yes, I’m Catholic too and you are right; a lot of the ethnic celebrations (St. Patrick’s Day, etc) originated as feast days in the Church, and everyone celebrates them (not just the specific ethnic group),
There are still parishes that offer masses in Polish even though masses said in Latin have diminished to a very small percentage.

Yep, many started out as Feast Days of the particular Saint. Some cities have Italian Festivals and the Feast of San Gennaro. You'd be a fool not to go to Greek Fest, Octoberfest, St. Joseph's Feasts, etc. at least once. It doesn't matter what race, ethnicity religion you are - just go and enjoy the food and culture of another group in the melting pot. People love sharing their culture and are happy to see others enjoy it, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies