Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 06:13 PM

6,672 posts, read 2,975,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
What if they decided to build the dirt bike track next door to where you live? Where would they put one in a city? Are you willing to listen to the bikes all day long?
Then don't build it near people's homes. Even in a big city,which is already extremely noisy, like NYC where I am, we have skate parks, airports, loud parades...Toss a bike park out in the outer boroughs.

No one is saying to build it near homes. That excuse isn't good enough to can the idea.

If these fast & furiious DMX biker bois can cross a few bridges and tunnels to come and take over the West Side Highway, they can make it a few miles to a remote Track.

Old 12-29-2021, 06:18 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I don’t blame the young man nor the police.t

I blame the parents. Why the hell did you buy your son a dirt bike knowing that there is no safe place for him to ride in the city?
Yep and I lived in West Palm for over a decade there are plenty of very large parks and locations they could have gone to. The problem is if that area is where i am pretty sure it is there are none anywhere t close to that area. You would have to drive your dirt bike on the street to get there. and there is no way his parents wouldn't have known this. So their fault, kids are stupid what did they think he would be doing and I cant believe this was the first time they were doing this.

Old 12-29-2021, 06:43 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Then don't build it near people's homes. Even in a big city,which is already extremely noisy, like NYC where I am, we have skate parks, airports, loud parades...Toss a bike park out in the outer boroughs.

No one is saying to build it near homes. That excuse isn't good enough to can the idea.

If these fast & furiious DMX biker bois can cross a few bridges and tunnels to come and take over the West Side Highway, they can make it a few miles to a remote Track.

Then they'd still have to ride on the streets to get there.

You're assuming that these kids even WANT to ride off road.

Check out some of these videos....

The fun for these kids is running from the cops.

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAE...+gang+vs+cops+

Old 12-29-2021, 07:51 PM

13 posts, read 6,282 times
america is becoming dumber by each year. criminals are giving demands now
GOT TO ASK YOUR SELF FIRST - WHAT DOES CRIMINAL DO/JOB o yeah his job is to break law
WHAT DO CRIMINALS WANT- they want to have their lives easer AKA he should have easier way to break the law and not be soped b police for everything
SOLUTION IS FOR EVERY CRIME MAXIMUM PENALTY SO RACE BAITERS WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SAY WELL GOT LESS SENTENSE THEN ME RACISM B.S.

Old 12-29-2021, 08:18 PM

4,168 posts, read 4,881,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malalisa View Post
america is becoming dumber by each year. criminals are giving demands now
GOT TO ASK YOUR SELF FIRST - WHAT DOES CRIMINAL DO/JOB o yeah his job is to break law
WHAT DO CRIMINALS WANT- they want to have their lives easer AKA he should have easier way to break the law and not be soped b police for everything
SOLUTION IS FOR EVERY CRIME MAXIMUM PENALTY SO RACE BAITERS WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SAY WELL GOT LESS SENTENSE THEN ME RACISM B.S.
Don't type in ALL CAPS. It's hard to read and breaks the basic rules of courtesy in public chat groups.

Old 12-30-2021, 06:11 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Quote:

Quote- Stanley's fellow bike riders say this tragic incident could have been avoided if there was a place in the city for teens to ride their bikes safely.

"We have been begging for somewhere to ride for years now, we used to go two to three hours away just to ride," said Tyra Simmons, a family friend and fellow rider, told WPEC. Un-quote

Now if you look up the city being referenced by these protesters there are no areas IN THE CITY which is what they want. Even looking west it is all residential housing and golf courses. The entire city is residential and retail/residential mix.

They want a place IN THE CITY. Furthermore, you are suggesting they be allowed to continue to break the law in order to get to a dirt bike track built somewhere remote.

Old 12-30-2021, 06:27 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:

These guys are already committed to street riding, you're taking his family at their word that they really just need a motor cross park and then they dutifully follow the rules and cart their bikes and atv's and only ride them there.

Not to mention that they are going to need to all fill out waivers, wear helmets etc. etc. etc. and even then will have accidents at the park which will bring in fat lawsuits claiming racism. racism. racism. racism.

Old 12-30-2021, 06:49 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
These guys are already committed to street riding, you're taking his family at their word that they really just need a motor cross park and then they dutifully follow the rules and cart their bikes and atv's and only ride them there.

Not to mention that they are going to need to all fill out waivers, wear helmets etc. etc. etc. and even then will have accidents at the park which will bring in fat lawsuits claiming racism. racism. racism. racism.

Exactly.

And off road/motocross parks, where they do exist have rules.

And these kids have plainly demonstrated that rules aren't really very high on their list of priorities.

Tracks also take up a lot of acreage and require staffing and maintenance that get paid for by user fees.

Not to mention insurance and liability issues.

Old 12-30-2021, 06:57 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Gas station footage shows he was wearing a helmet.

Begs the question of how fast he must have been going and what he hit in order for it to be an on-scene fatality of a skinny 13 yo.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:00 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I'd just ban the things. Nobody needs to ride dirt bikes especially in dense metro areas. I'm the party pooper who is "no fun" to be around though. . I'm not a big fan of testosterone induced escapades and never have been. Needless to say I'm not a huge fan of this species as testosterone enduced escapades basically define it. Evolution is what it is...no point in being angry at the bear for pooping in the woods. All our emotional drives stem from around 2-10 million years or more of evolving.

It's fascinating the different fascets of the human personality I can make manifest depending on my mood... I can see the point of view of the Marxist, anarchist, libertarian, fascist, and everything in between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies