Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 04:56 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
This is just the latest attempt to “get him”. Besides, the rioters are facing charges and being punished.
As well they should be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2021, 04:58 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
As well they should be
Nobody said otherwise

Old 12-29-2021, 05:00 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Trump lost the popular vote TWICE and was impeached TWICE in one term. There is only one way to go for Trump and that is up!
I'm quite certain that Salon is glad that you pay $$ to subscribe to their content.

Old 12-29-2021, 05:05 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
it is good to see our resident LWNJ's find a topic, since Biden started calling the shots, that they felt comfortable commenting on.

Of course, it's about Trump, not what Biden has done for 11 months, so nobody with a brain is surprised.

Old 12-31-2021, 11:59 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
The set has been rearranged, the majority of Donald Trump's cronies have been arrested and locked up!

Donald Trump must recruit a new set of cronies or friends to change their costumes for the MAGA movement to rise again in 2022.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:38 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,173,762 times
Here's a brilliant idea. Maybe we can build a wall and have Mexico pay for it?

Or we can do a tax cut to help the middle class instead of the upper class for a change?

Or we can make America great again?

Heard it all before...

Quote:
The set has been rearranged, the majority of Donald Trump's cronies have been arrested and locked up!

Donald Trump must recruit a new set of cronies or friends to change their costumes for the MAGA movement to rise again in 2022.

Old 12-31-2021, 01:03 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,050,232 times
I mean, if Trump wants to run again, Republicans should be prepared to lose the presidency again. Despite the bluster, there is no way Biden runs again and even if he did, he'd probably still be the favorite assuming the economy continues to improve and Covid isn't an issue by 2024 (and we don't get in any unnecessary wars of course). He's gotten off to a rather rocky start but Americans have goldfish memories and won't remember much about 2021 by 2024 anyway.

As someone who values distributed power and believes that one party controlling the White House and another controlling Congress creates the best outcomes, I'd rather see the Republicans run someone with a legit shot to win. I personally don't think someone like Larry Hogan could be beaten by the Dems, but I also have my doubts he could make it through the primaries.

So we'll see. A Joe Manchin or Larry Hogan figure would be my preference but it's hard to say what exactly the electorate would look like in 2.5 years. I don't care for Trump or Biden much, but if I had to hold my nose and choose one in 2024 it would be Biden (unless, like I said above, he somehow manages to screw up this four years worse than Trump did during his term).

Old 12-31-2021, 01:08 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,944 times
It's beyond me why any intelligent conservative would want to see Trump run again. Let's focus on first principles here -

* What do conservatives have to offer in terms of policy? Lower taxes, actual borders, increased economic participation by minorities, protection of the constitution, law and order, a strong military used for deterrence, anti racist, pro individual liberties.

* What constructive policies do the left offer? Nothing. Nothing.

People, the dems live and die on the existence of Trump. He's the only power they wield to turn elections. He's the baba yaga they use to scare tenuously rational suburban white moms into tipping from moderate conservative to voting democrat and THAT's all the margin they need to win. Hey fellow Republicans ... We don't have a supermajority in this country. We need those swing votes and the dems will get them if they can play the Trump card.

Furthermore why are you stuck on him? He did some really good things but his mouth and personality made him toxic to too many. His accomplishments were not rocket science and they could easily be emulated by other conservatives not possessing a narcissistic personality disorder and an alligator mouth. Personally he made me laugh and I enjoyed his info-tainment rallies for the hilarity of watching a POTUS who had literally no F's to give. But I'm not everybody. Others are more thin-skinned but I still want their votes. I like to win! Do you? If so then we'd better starve the liberal beast by not feeding it the nourishment that is Donald Trump.

Old 12-31-2021, 01:45 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Sounds like ""The South will rise again", doesn't it?
"Big Trump comeback in 2022" sounds alot like what we libs are always being accused of saying about him being held accountable for his malfeasance. "We got him this time..."

Old 12-31-2021, 01:49 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
"Big Trump comeback in 2022" sounds alot like what we libs are always being accused of saying about him being held accountable for his malfeasance. "We got him this time..."
Except there’s never proof to the supposed malfeasance, which has been going on for 4+ years. It’s simply wishing and hoping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies