Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 09:12 PM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
It would be big news on Fox for a few weeks, and brought up as needed.
All of the other stations would quickly fizzle it out. Along with supporting a “suicide” demise.
I would not rule out an “accidental” death, or “suicide”.
Nevertheless, a "suicide" or "accidental death" would still bring about a lot of unwanted attention.

Best for all concerned Maxwell simply keep quite and do a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2021, 09:20 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
That would have been entertained already although I guess you could say the defense was waiting on a conviction before they make the offer. The time to make a plea deal was before trial not after. She could have gotten 10 years still have life after prison. I think she will get between 18-25 years which is a death sentence at her age federal system has no parole.
The fact that she went to trial demonstrates that she thought she could beat it. With 5/6 convictions, she may feel a bit more disposed to cooperate. Epstein’s settlement with Virginia Giuffre will be unsealed in a week. She doesn’t have long to do whatever she intends to do next. Then it’s off to the Graybar.

Old 12-29-2021, 09:20 PM

20,021 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Nevertheless, a "suicide" or "accidental death" would still bring about a lot of unwanted attention.

Best for all concerned Maxwell simply keep quite and do a few years.
Lol well worth the other possible outcome if she sings.
I mean, offing Epstein was pretty bold, knowing it would obviously raise some red flags and controversy.
Who knows…

Old 12-29-2021, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The fact that she went to trial demonstrates that she thought she could beat it. With 5/6 convictions, she may feel a bit more disposed to cooperate. Epstein’s settlement with Virginia Giuffre will be unsealed in a week. She doesn’t have long to do whatever she intends to do next. Then it’s off to the Graybar.
My guess is a backup plan was in place in the event she lost in court . A plan which gets her released after a few years. At which point I wouldn't be surprised if she has a sudden "accident."

If she has enough leverage with the right people to get released from prison after several years.

Well, she's got to go. Just not right now.

Old 12-29-2021, 09:49 PM

20,021 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
My guess is a backup plan was in place in the event she lost in court . A plan which gets her released after a few years. At which point I wouldn't be surprised if she has a sudden "accident."

If she has enough leverage with the right people to get released from prison after several years.

Well, in that case she's got to go. Just not right now.
It’s all speculation and conspiracy stuff right now, but if real, “they’ll” need to shut her down sooner than later.
You know for a fact, she has to have some serious next level biblical dirt on some powerful people.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:13 PM

13,237 posts, read 7,280,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No pleas deals are made before trials not after judge will use sentencing guidelines sets a range. The defense will ask for the bottom prosecutor will ask for the top. It won't be 1-50 years it's going to be 25-65 years. Even if she gives them lot of information the they can only ask for the bottom of the range which means she would get out of jail at age 90.

She was never offered a plea deal because she has nothing to offer the Prosecutors. She will be sentenced and by summer everyone will forget all about her and Epstein.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
It’s all speculation and conspiracy stuff right now, but if real, “they’ll” need to shut her down sooner than later.
You know for a fact, she has to have some serious next level biblical dirt on some powerful people.
Not if she's agree to keep quiet. My guess is a backdoor deal was made before the trial.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:26 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Just an escape goat since Epstein is dead
Escaped goats can be a hazard in some parts of the world

I wouldn’t say she’s a scapegoat. A lot of evidence suggests she was an important manager and participant in the activities that went on with Epstein and his friends. However, I am disturbed by the fact that so little information about her trial has been made public. What is the evidence? Has she spoken to prosecutors? Provided any evidence against others? There is certainly a public interest in seeing that any evidence about known abusers comes to light.

We’ve heard about Dershowitz and Prince Andrew. Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are known to have been in some of the same circles as Epstein. However, we don’t really know much more than that about the wealthy and influential men who committed sex crimes facilitated by Epstein and/or Maxwell. I think all decent people want a reckoning for the men and women who were involved in this child abuse ring.

Old 12-29-2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
No pleas deals are made before trials not after judge will use sentencing guidelines sets a range. The defense will ask for the bottom prosecutor will ask for the top. It won't be 1-50 years it's going to be 25-65 years. Even if she gives them lot of information the they can only ask for the bottom of the range which means she would get out of jail at age 90.

She was never offered a plea deal because she has nothing to offer the Prosecutors. She will be sentenced and by summer everyone will forget all about her and Epstein.
In which case she'll likely die in prison. On the other hand I won't be surprised if she's released in a few years on a technicality either.

She might well have something to offer (and agrees not to name names) in exchange for getting out several years from now.

Prince Andrew and Bill Clinton allegedly visited Epstein's island numerous times. Very likely other powerful men did as well.

Last edited by john3232; 12-29-2021 at 10:41 PM..

Old 12-29-2021, 10:59 PM

13,237 posts, read 7,280,089 times
Quote:
In which case she'll likely die in prison. On the other hand I won't be surprised if she's released in a few years on a technicality either.

She might well have something to offer (and agrees not to name names) in exchange for getting out several years from now.

Prince Andrew and Bill Clinton allegedly visited Epstein's island numerous times. Very likely other powerful men did as well.
I admit there is a lot of hidden information one of the questions is how did Epstein make a living. There seems to be no information who his money management firm worked with. He only seemed to have one client Les Wexner. It's possible he was extorting money from wealthy people who he knew.

Maybe all these claims are true like Alan Dershowitz, and Prince Andrew having sex with a 17 year old. Have to admit a picture with his arm around the girl who is making these claims does raise an eye brow there might be some truth to this. On the other hand none the first lawsuit was filed against Epstein after he made a plea deal in 2008 with his first conviction. No better leverage then a criminal conviction.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...prince-andrew/

According to the news pictures of Virginia Giuffre with Epstein were used at the Maxwell trial so she must have been one of the woman who testified.

What I don't understand these high profile people like Dershowitz and Prince Andrew why would they be seen at the parties with these young girls.

Last edited by kell490; 12-29-2021 at 11:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies