Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 06:29 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why not just take the national figure you'll get an even lower number. Comparing a state wide figure against individual hospitals that I am referencing is not an even comparison but if you think it is then your welcome to accept it, i'll pass.
Of course it's not an even comparison; it's not meant to be. The individual hospitals you're referencing have been cherry picked by the news outlets because someone is willing to go in front of a camera and say, "9x% of the Covid patients at our hospital are unvaccinated."

This story gets run so many times -- as a different poster said, as if there's a script -- that people just assume 9x% of Covid patients total, across all hospitals, are unvaccinated. And then these people repeat it as truth (my own family does this). One problem: it isn't truth, as a simple check of easily available data can show.

The above dynamic happened on this thread, which is why I jumped in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 08:15 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
How does it feel when the shoe is on the other foot? When you and your ilk are having to explain yourselves and defend your positions?

Be careful now, you're sounding quite out of touch with the current "science", you may be considered a conspiracy theorist pretty soon, if not already.
No idea what you're talking about, defend what position. Maybe you can explain what "enough:" means, where do we go with that fascinating thought.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:59 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No idea what you're talking about, defend what position. Maybe you can explain what "enough:" means, where do we go with that fascinating thought.
I mean how does it feel to belong to a group whose numbers are quickly dwindling? I mean to belong to that 20-30% of population who found meaning in covid, process everything through covid lens and subordinate everything to covid?

In other words how does it feel to be at the margin of society?

Old 12-30-2021, 09:21 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I'd love to know what the OP's interpretation of "unraveling" is, because I didn't see any in the OP's linked article. Instead, I read an assessment of exactly what the headline described: What does it mean to be "fully vaccinated" - is it just the initial dose(s), or must "fully vaccinated" include a booster?

Critical thinking is a lost art.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:37 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times
Fauci is finally admitting how they fudge the hospitalization numbers: https://dailycaller.com/2021/12/30/a...ation-omicron/

Old 12-30-2021, 10:48 PM

388 posts, read 275,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'd love to know what the OP's interpretation of "unraveling" is, because I didn't see any in the OP's linked article. Instead, I read an assessment of exactly what the headline described: What does it mean to be "fully vaccinated" - is it just the initial dose(s), or must "fully vaccinated" include a booster?

Critical thinking is a lost art.
I was not referring to the article as much as the reaction to the article by the readers especially on a platform like the NY Times. And a quick read of the Comments several hours later confirmed the unraveling of a strong, unquestioned narrative about the Covid pandemic. By summer of 2022, there will be very few takers of the perpetual prescriptions of vaccines, boosters, masking, and lockdowns.

Yes, critical thinking is a lost art!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies