Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 09:04 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The ones on Reddit are still living in their echo chamber upvoting each other's comments talking about permanent masking. They will still ban you depending on where which subreddit you are in if you mention not wearing a mask at Costco. They're never going to totally go away you just have to ignore them after a while and embrace natural law.

The more attention you give them the more empowered they get it's better to just ignore them via civil disobedience (living your life and ignoring their mandates)
A big chunk of Herman Cain Award posters are evil. Period.

Im vaxxed and I do believe it greatly reduces my chance of being hospitalized if I get Covid. I take no joy in seeing people suffer and die on either side of the issue.

The mandate is logistical suicide. OTOH if you are vaxxed, job opportunities are better than average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 09:06 AM

4,547 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
These commenters missed the fact the booster and the vaccine reduces the severity of the virus. Yes, you can still catch it if you're are vaccinated, but that doesn't mean the vaccine failed. If the vaccine reduces the severity of the virus to that of a cold in the vast majority of vaccinated people, that is a win.

That is true everywhere. And as it becomes clear in the data, I've noticed that anti-vaxxers on CD have become increasingly emotional and hysterical. It is honestly sad to see.

I am 59 years old and unvaccinated. My son is 27 and vaccinated. We have the same exact symptoms for the past three days and are now starting to feel better. I don’t know how anyone can prove that the vaccine reduces the severity. How does anyone know if they would have worse symptoms or not?

Old 12-30-2021, 09:06 AM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meengla View Post
Why would vaccines, which were in production in 2020 on 'warp speed' against the original Virus be necessarily effective against subsequent Variants??

We have been either sold lies or the CDC is full of incompetent people or worse there indeed IS collusion between various politicians, 'big pharma', scientists and CDC... Probably a combination of all that per my understanding.

This NY Times article and its comments are damning harbingers of the turning tide.

Indeed. See, at some level, money matter nothing. People involved, if you can call them people, can have any money they wish, and you can eat only so much best food, have only so much sex with subject of your choice, have airplane, fancy car or a boat. At some point, all this becomes irrelevant.

Next is POWER. Power is more intoxicating than just money and, it can be extended into age, when earthly pleasures are irrelevant. But, even at 100, POWER makes one feel good.
Next, there is what you mention. Collusion. With OBVIOUS vaccination failure as treatment (vaccines are not treatment, they are prevention) and continuous push to inoculate as many as possible, question arises - why? What exactly is the agenda behind that?
So do your own research. Many theories are available.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:07 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,710,079 times
There is fatigue and the narrative isn't unraveling..it has totally unraveled. But unfortunately, there are still MANY who are more than willing to comply. Where they still parrot the Government officials and still think that vaccines are the way out of this.

This was an article from another thread but shows just how unwilling people are to look at things beyond what the Government tells them.

https://freedomrockradio.co/news/unv...ys-new-normal/

Quote:
Chris McCormack, the manager at the Brooklyn Diner in Times Square, said he had to turn away more than 40 hungry customers, but added that the restrictions were worth the loss if the mandates ultimately keep businesses open.

“No business wants restrictions, but most of my business comes from the theaters, and they can’t stay open unless everyone is vaccinated,” McCormack said.
Yet this manager seems totally unaware, or unwilling to make the connection, that several other restaurants and Broadway shows had to close over the last few weeks due to COVID. Where ALL of them are supposed to be fully vaccinated to not only be a performer or employee but to even see the shows. Until more people start to realize this, the tables aren't going to turn...the various governments are just going to continue to expand their mandates.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:08 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I am 59 years old and unvaccinated. My son is 27 and vaccinated. We have the same exact symptoms for the past three days and are now starting to feel better. I don’t know how anyone can prove that the vaccine reduces the severity. How does anyone know if they would have worse symptoms or not?
There really is no way to know that. It's an article of faith which true believers demand you accept.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:08 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
Oh is this the week we are believing what the NYT writes? Just trying to stay on top of which news sources are reliable since they tend to shift every few days depending on the OP's narrative.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:09 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
2022 will be the year covid cowardice finally ends.... and the midterm elections will do a lot of the heavy lifting.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:11 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
90% of people hospitalized with serious Covid in my state are unvaccinated. I suspect the actual number is higher. People lie. Some lie because they perceive they will not get the same medical attention, if they disclosed their unvaccinated state.

As high as testing positivity rates are in my state and elsewhere, 86.8% of tests in my state are negative.

Of course by the time someone gets results, they could be infected.
Could you provide me a link to that data as I'd be interested in seeing it. I tried googling it but couldn't find it. TY!

Old 12-30-2021, 09:11 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Oh is this the week we are believing what the NYT writes? Just trying to stay on top of which news sources are reliable since they tend to shift every few days depending on the OP's narrative.
No, you misunderstand. The NYT is Democrat party propaganda..... so it's noteworthy when even they break from the narrative.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:13 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
These commenters missed the fact the booster and the vaccine reduces the severity of the virus. Yes, you can still catch it if you're are vaccinated, but that doesn't mean the vaccine failed. If the vaccine reduces the severity of the virus to that of a cold in the vast majority of vaccinated people, that is a win.

That is true everywhere. And as it becomes clear in the data, I've noticed that anti-vaxxers on CD have become increasingly emotional and hysterical. It is honestly sad to see.
Yes, a person that continues to label (i.e. anti-vaxers) and obviously doesn't understand data calls others hysterical

I happen to think people that don't parrot talking points and drill down on information, understanding the risks vs rewards, are the rational ones.

On the other hand, if the OP thinks a bunch of anonymous posters at the NY Times website makes some case for him, then he is also irrational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies