Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 12:38 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times

Advertisements

Hospitalisation rates have been reported here in NZ for a while, with the last two months or so having unvaccinated at around 55% of the total hospitalised for covid.

There has a downward trend, with 47% for the last total that was released about three days ago .... for some reason the figure hasn't been released for the last three days.

Regional rates of double vaccinated vary between about 88% and 95 %.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 12:45 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
90% of people hospitalized with serious Covid in my state are unvaccinated. I suspect the actual number is higher. People lie. Some lie because they perceive they will not get the same medical attention, if they disclosed their unvaccinated state.

As high as testing positivity rates are in my state and elsewhere, 86.8% of tests in my state are negative.

Of course by the time someone gets results, they could be infected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
These commenters missed the fact the booster and the vaccine reduces the severity of the virus. Yes, you can still catch it if you're are vaccinated, but that doesn't mean the vaccine failed. If the vaccine reduces the severity of the virus to that of a cold in the vast majority of vaccinated people, that is a win.

That is true everywhere. And as it becomes clear in the data, I've noticed that anti-vaxxers on CD have become increasingly emotional and hysterical. It is honestly sad to see.
And again, the line 'the unvaccinated are the ones taking up the hospital beds' continues to be trotted out, while the people who write these lines NEVER talk about who, exactly, is considered 'unvaccinated', by the CDC.

Again, if you have only had 1 shot of a 2 shot series - you are considered 'unvaccinated'.

If it has been under 14 days since you got your shot from the single shot 'vaccine', or you are under 14 days from getting your second shot in a 2 shot series - you are considered 'unvaccinated'.

So, while you belch out the lines that 'the unvaccinated are taking up the hospital beds', please ALSO provide how many of them had shots, but didn't get a second in a 2 shot series, OR how many of them got their shots less than 14 days ago.

Anyone who dies within the 14 days after getting their 2nd shot in a 2 shot series, or the 1 shot 'vaccine', is counted as an "unvaccinated death".

Additionally,

Quote:
For people who are unvaccinated or are more than six months out from their second mRNA dose (or more than 2 months after the J&J vaccine) and not yet boosted, CDC now recommends quarantine for 5 days followed by strict mask use for an additional 5 days. Alternatively, if a 5-day quarantine is not feasible, it is imperative that an exposed person wear a well-fitting mask at all times when around others for 10 days after exposure. Individuals who have received their booster shot do not need to quarantine following an exposure, but should wear a mask for 10 days after the exposure.
That means if you got your shots earlier in the year, no booster, you're 'unvaccinated'.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...mm7034e5-H.pdf

Because I guarandamntee you that if I were to come on here and say, 'Ok guys, I got both shots', the yahoos on here would consider me 'vaccinated'.

That. Is. Not. The. Case.

Until you people acknowledge a) the CDC's defintion of 'unvaccinated', and b) SHOW the evidence that those 'taking up the hospital beds' are people who never got anything at all, then all of your claims and 'statistics' are garbage.

Further, the CDC decided to change the testing standards based on 'vaccination' status back in May. If you're 'unvaccinated', they put the threshold of the cycle to 40 - which is why you get so many false positives that they never, ever report on - haven't heard of any false positives - which is statistically impossible! If you're 'vaccinated', they lower the threshold to 28.

Do people ever ask the important questions, or do they just blindly go through life, letting others tell them what things mean? Is no one even remotely interested in what they fricken mean when they say something?

And let's talk about ICU beds.

https://hospitalmedicaldirector.com/...hospital-need/

Quote:
Overall, there are 792,417 community hospital beds in the U.S., of which 13.5% are ICU beds...

...Intensive care units are not uniformly distributed in the United States. Many smaller hospitals lack ICUs and consequently, more than 50% of U.S. counties do not have any ICU beds...

...A 2013 study of ICU occupancy and ventilator use in the U.S. found that the mean percentage of ICU patients on a ventilator at any given time was 40%...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3840149/

So to sit there and imply that 100% of ICU beds are all taken up by 'unvaccinated' people, (meaning, never got a shot at all) is beyond 'disingenuous', it's a flat out lie.

FCOL, even Fauci is saying what we were saying TWO YEARS AGO about not destroying our economy over this:

https://twitter.com/CNNSitRoom/statu...14249766559748

That's his response why they suddenly changed the 'quarantine' time to 5 days.

What's that? They don't want so many people out at the same time? They told everyone to stay home for 2 weeks, (to start - which extended much longer than 2 weeks), and we were saying it was going to cause harm...and now they want to say the same, after 2 years of people calling us 'selfish'?

Are you fricken kidding me?

Maybe in 2 more years, the rest of the vax cheerleaders will catch on.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:46 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Which is perplexing because:

Last year in Ohio on Dec 28,2020:
- total of 4,256 ICU beds
- 74% ICU occupied
- 1,127 covid patients ICU <---LESS THAN HALF ARE COVID
- 2,082 non-covid ICU patients

As of this year Dec 27,2021:
- total of 3,923 ICU beds (where did 333 ICU beds go?)
- 80% ICU occupied (80% is at capacity?)
- 1,221 covid ICU patients <---LESS THAN HALF ARE COVID
- 1,916 non-covid ICU patients
Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Research Center

On the Ohio weekly hospitalizations graph you can see a clear trend line: Since July 12 2021, when covid hospitalizations began surging up, the total number of ICU beds (4,127) were going down!

I think they mean STAFFED beds. They fired a bunch of nurses in the middle of a pandemic.

Old 12-30-2021, 01:16 PM

388 posts, read 275,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I’ve noticed that the vaccine Nazis can’t stand it that unvaccinated people dare not be hospitalized or die from
Covid. It’s almost like they’re disappointed. They were just certain that if you did not get the shot, it would be a terrible death for you. And now that it’s not happening, they can’t figure out which narrative to use. It’s kind of funny.
Call it Buyer's Remorse or Misery Loves Company. Many Vaxxers have/had this sense of superiority about doing their 'civic duty' while the Antivaxxers were prolonging the Pandemic. Only a couple of days ago a friend texted me that the Pandemic is lasting because of the Antivaxxers. He took his first Booster a few weeks ago.
And then there is another one who many months ago had predicted I may become a recipient of the Darwin's Award in the Fall of 2021. I am confident he's been itching to say 'I told ya!' for well over a year to me but fortunately for me, hasn't happened while his pics show him masking even in the outdoor--living in a basement and afraid of his own shadow for almost two years.

Thing is: Both of the above friends are in their 50s--so young and also healthy. They are not taking care of any elderly and work from home. They dont have kids either.

If I have a mean streak, I should send them pics from the upcoming NYE Gala I am attending tomorrow...

Old 12-30-2021, 01:21 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meengla View Post
Call it Buyer's Remorse or Misery Loves Company. Many Vaxxers have/had this sense of superiority about doing their 'civic duty' while the Antivaxxers were prolonging the Pandemic. Only a couple of days ago a friend texted me that the Pandemic is lasting because of the Antivaxxers. He took his first Booster a few weeks ago.
And then there is another one who many months ago had predicted I may become a recipient of the Darwin's Award in the Fall of 2021. I am confident he's been itching to say 'I told ya!' for well over a year to me but fortunately for me, hasn't happened while his pics show him masking even in the outdoor--living in a basement and afraid of his own shadow for almost two years.

Thing is: Both of the above friends are in their 50s--so young and also healthy. They are not taking care of any elderly and work from home. They dont have kids either.

If I have a mean streak, I should send them pics from the upcoming NYE Gala I am attending tomorrow...
They don't seem like friends to me. I have no patience for anyone wishing ill will toward anyone, vaccinated or not.

Old 12-30-2021, 01:40 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Are there any other commonalities besides the fact they are unvaxed? Are the majority over 70? Any other co-morbidities? Any obesity? Or are we just not going to look for any other factors because we want this useless vaccine to be an ongoing thing.
Or we draw a line to the most obvious metric which is that their un-vaxed but i'm sure if you look hard enough you may find they all have ingrown toe nails. Heaven forbid the obvious is the actual answer..

Old 12-30-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
You don't find that suspicious at all? It's very unlikely that EVERY hospital is seeing the exact same 95%. Not 90, not 99... 95%. It's almost like it came from a memo.

That's one thing I've learned from the pandemic, when EVERY information source quotes the EXACT same message verbatim in all different situations we know it's not true. We have medical people posting here that say that's not happening where they work, but EVERYONE on TV is saying it's 95%.
We have people posting all kinds of facts that they are experts on because we are on an anonymous blog site. But every hospital is not reporting high levels of hospitalizations in the country but those that are say 95% are unvaccinated. Why would so many different health care workers in multiple locations get on tv and say that? Maybe because that is the observed condition of those in their facilities....

Old 12-30-2021, 01:54 PM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Once again, unvaccinated is never defined and is a moving target with each required booster shot.

Meaningless discussion without an official definition of "vaccinated" as well as a breakdown of the shot status of the "unvaccinated".

Old 12-30-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Did you ever think that might because they're not interested in putting you on TV unless you're willing to say that 9x% of hospitalizations you're seeing are unvaccinated?

Massachusetts is currently showing 67% unvaccinated in their hospitals statewide (follow link and click orange "hospitalizations" window): https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...onse-reporting

So that's one U.S. source right there, in addition to the U.K. source I gave previously, that's not 9x%.
Where does that web page say anything that your posting, its shows hospitalizations with no mention of Covid Status. Maybe only the hospitals in areas that are experiencing problems are being shown, it does move around.

Again as for the UK I am not going to start with foreign countries data...

Old 12-30-2021, 02:05 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
90% of people hospitalized with serious Covid in my state are unvaccinated. I suspect the actual number is higher. People lie. Some lie because they perceive they will not get the same medical attention, if they disclosed their unvaccinated state.

As high as testing positivity rates are in my state and elsewhere, 86.8% of tests in my state are negative.

Of course by the time someone gets results, they could be infected.
From what i have read Omicron is mild and only affects the nose and throat, so people are not catching Omicron and being hospitalized because of it, like they will with the Delta variant.

I do doubt posts that claim someone was sick with Omicron, because it's my understanding that people being tested are not informed of which variant of the disease they tested positive for. These tests will indicate a positive result for any variant, but I do not think it will tell us which variant it is. So how can people comment on whether a person they know had Omicron?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies