Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 12:02 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

I know of people who have moved from vaccine/mandate states to states where there are fewer restrictions and unvaccinated persons are still permitted to live and function normally in society. I spoke to one family that was considering a move and another that had moved last summer to get away from the vaccine hold on people in that state.

Curious to know if others have spoken with people who are thinking about or planning to move to another US state or even another country where being unvaccinated is still allowed.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:19 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
No US state mandates the Covid vaccine.

Lots of US states mandate several vaccines in order for students to attend school, including red states such as Florida. Does that make Florida a vaccine mandate state in OP's eyes?

Old 12-30-2021, 12:24 PM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
I moved from a low freedom area to a higher freedom area a few years back for work reasons and boy am I glad I did.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:25 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
No I don't know anyone that would be foolish enough to move for such a specific, temporary, unpredictable reason.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:27 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post

Lots of US states mandate several vaccines in order for students to attend school, including red states such as Florida. Does that make Florida a vaccine mandate state in OP's eyes?
Some states allow exemptions for vaccines through all levels of school. Some (California) do not. One state (Utah) even allows for “personal” reasons for exemptions.

In answer to your question, OP, my son is starting college in January, and location definitely played a part in his choice of schools. We looked at the state government and what they do and do not allow.

Interestingly, although Texas is highly touted as non-mandate state, one of the schools we considered in Texas had a testing requirement if the student was not vaxxed. I was surprised they could do that.

Quote:
No I don't know anyone that would be foolish enough to move for such a specific, temporary, unpredictable reason.
The mandates in places like NY and CA are proving to be anything but temporary.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:35 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I know of people who have moved from vaccine/mandate states to states where there are fewer restrictions and unvaccinated persons are still permitted to live and function normally in society. I spoke to one family that was considering a move and another that had moved last summer to get away from the vaccine hold on people in that state.

Curious to know if others have spoken with people who are thinking about or planning to move to another US state or even another country where being unvaccinated is still allowed.
Being unvaccinated is allowed in all 50 states. Not sure where you're getting your news.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:39 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post

You just can't wrap your head around a pretty simple concept, can you?

Old 12-30-2021, 12:41 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

I look at the job openings every day.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:48 PM

2,388 posts, read 2,341,464 times
An example of insanity: moving to another state even though your current state has no mandate.

What happens if you have a kid and the school in the state you move will require the vax? Muh freedom>>critical thinking with these people.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:59 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
Doesn't make sense to move just for covid. Maybe you are actually moving for political reasons. Don't confuse the two. If you have the financial means just take a long retreat to Nature, away from the cities. Come back to civilization when the pandemic is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies