Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2021, 07:14 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,863,211 times

Advertisements

The United States is basically a command economy now. They pretend it is capitalist country, but capitalist countries print 13 trillion dollars in just over a year out of thin air?

Why don't they just print more money and make the economic recovery much stronger?

Why not just keep the zero-interest rate policy forever so they can borrow on margin to invest?

Interesting, how they are completely helpless and all they can do is print money out of thin and keep their near zero interest rate policy.

They could send equities to the limit if they wanted if they made money out of thin air and sent it to investors.

That 13 trillion printed was just thru middle of 2021.

It's fairly easy to have the strongest economic track record when the government creates 13 trillion out of thin air.

The stock market is surging in Turkey, while much of the country can't even buy a loaf of bread.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/mone...ncies-and-more

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...ent-president/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 07:20 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,797,332 times
At one point, the stock market was an indicator of the state of the economy for the "common man." That is no longer the case. It's as fake as the US dollar is right now. It won't go on forever because it's going to hit the fan at some point--both the stock market and the dollar. And I hope people out there are wising up and have collected up some assets by that point which will be worth something when the dollar isn't.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:34 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
But they told me it was just transitory...that their build back better plan wouldn't cost me a cent. I was supposed to trust them!

Old 12-30-2021, 07:48 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Nobody prints money like Sleepy Joe for the free stuff folks. Sheer genius, lol.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:01 PM

2,043 posts, read 855,366 times
I’ve stated this before, it’s a final hurrah, it’s “you can order any Meal you want before the execution”. It’s “I’m going to file bankruptcy and die anyhow I might as well max out all the credit cards”. That is literally what’s going on with this country.

Old 12-31-2021, 06:36 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Throw-in the whole shammery of policies/money-flinging that started during the
"great recession", there you go, the current, all around financial-mess we have and
will have, for the foreseeable future.

If Fannie and Freddie was to go poof, that 400k home would quickly be worth a lot less, 150K at best. But, but, I thought the USA was a free-market society, LOL, no.

Old 12-31-2021, 06:44 AM

21,131 posts, read 19,707,707 times
If only the liberals could get this.

Old 12-31-2021, 07:19 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I’ve stated this before, it’s a final hurrah, it’s “you can order any Meal you want before the execution”. It’s “I’m going to file bankruptcy and die anyhow I might as well max out all the credit cards”. That is literally what’s going on with this country.
Yes, it's a classic bust-out scheme.

Old 12-31-2021, 07:39 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Throw-in the whole shammery of policies/money-flinging that started during the
"great recession", there you go, the current, all around financial-mess we have and
will have, for the foreseeable future.

If Fannie and Freddie was to go poof, that 400k home would quickly be worth a lot less, 150K at best. But, but, I thought the USA was a free-market society, LOL, no.
The current amount that the Federal Reserve has GIVEN Fannie and Freddie that may never be paid back (they can just erase that at any time as the debt isn't actually owed to anyone, it's just excess printed money), to date, is $2.635 trillion. Prior to late January, 2009, that wasn't even a line item on the H.4.1, meaning that the Federal Reserve had not given Fannie and Freddie a dime up to that point.

Old 12-31-2021, 11:44 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
At one point, the stock market was an indicator of the state of the economy for the "common man." That is no longer the case. It's as fake as the US dollar is right now. It won't go on forever because it's going to hit the fan at some point--both the stock market and the dollar. And I hope people out there are wising up and have collected up some assets by that point which will be worth something when the dollar isn't.
And then of course the Leftists will blame Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies