Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2021, 11:54 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,231,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I’ve heard this from our governer in IL and others as well as dr’s on tv but then a few nurses and dr’s I know say the ER’s are not overwhelmed with Covid patients. What is the truth? Would dr’s on tv outright lie? Are they misinformed. Are the people I know experiencing something different depending on the hospital?
It’s not the “beds” they are taking up; it’s the staff. They are deploying the military to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2021, 11:58 AM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No one with Covid should end up in the hospital. There are known, proven cures for Covid. Patients can be treated and recover at home. Hospitals that have any empty beds would prefer to fill those beds with Covid patients so that they can make money. So they don't give patients those known, proven cures.
My son would have died in 3 days if not for the ICU care - he passed any ways but at least was able to communicate some before he died.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
It’s not the “beds” they are taking up; it’s the staff. They are deploying the military to help.
With covid you need all the ICU machines going. Not just staff. Equipment. My son used the ECMO machine for several days. Not too many avail as expensive as he**.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:00 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,982,242 times
No because none of the hospitals are at full capacity. LOL. Thats just a narrative partisan media pushes

Old 12-31-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
No because none of the hospitals are at full capacity. LOL. Thats just a narrative partisan media pushes
You only have x amount of ICU beds and equipment. Regardless how many other beds and cribs they may have

Old 12-31-2021, 12:07 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No one with Covid should end up in the hospital. There are known, proven cures for Covid. Patients can be treated and recover at home. Hospitals that have any empty beds would prefer to fill those beds with Covid patients so that they can make money. So they don't give patients those known, proven cures.
Huh?

Yesterday I met an Uber driver and while talking with him, he said he had spent a month on a ventilator in ICU with Covid. He said doctors told him later they did not expect him to survive, but he obviously did because he was in a hospital on a ventilator.

Your comment makes no sense to me.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:11 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I think it's unacceptable that they allow fat people to take up hospital beds that could be used on people with an ounce of self control who are actually worth helping....but go to any hospital and you'll see disgusting tubs of filth everywhere.

Let's address the real problem.
I just can't....

Old 12-31-2021, 12:19 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Liberals said healthcare is a universal basic right.

Did they not realize many people are in the hospital over personal choices? Go to any ER and just observe how many people there are obese or chain smokers.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:22 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,916,705 times
My mother in law couldn’t be admitted because they didn’t have enough beds, she was sent home and died the next day at home. This was a few years ago. I’m sure they do have a lot of covid patients, but doubtful they are the only patients.

Old 12-31-2021, 12:33 PM

3,139 posts, read 2,043,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Liberals said healthcare is a universal basic right.

Did they not realize many people are in the hospital over personal choices? Go to any ER and just observe how many people there are obese or chain smokers.
And many are not. Many have cancer, hereditary autoimmune diseases, etc that aren't their fault. At the end of the day I agree with the liberals on this unless the expectation is that everyone is going to exercise five times a week and eat a plant-based diet that all but cuts out things like meat, sugar, and alcohol that cause many negative health outcomes.

Not realistic so let's just do what it takes to extend healthcare universally. A lot of other Fed spending (military and social/discretionary - most things should be on the table) should be pared down to create an affordable healthcare system that works imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies