Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 05:43 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
it does nothing to prevent you from getting infected- it keeps your immune system stronger to battle it.
then it's not a vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 07:00 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Fauci predicted the pandemic back in 2017. He is connected to the lab. It shows premeditation.
There's an argument to be made... but there needs to be more evidence.

Fauci has gone into full defensive mode because he guilty at some level. What he's guilty of is bad judgement born of his contempt for 'regular' people and his elitist persona. His bad judgement has led to the CCP using our own technology, money and science against us and the world.

Therefore, in my mind he is guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:19 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
you can look at any state and their ICU/inpatient capacity. They fluctuate.

Do you doubt these states opened and closed facilities? Of course not, because they did not. But you doubt the fact that the fluctuation is because a "bed" is only counted as such when it is STAFFED.
Yes of course they fluctuate but the surge in Covid patients that many are experiencing is exactly the reason people need to vaccinate and avoid overwhelming hospitals.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:27 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,067,711 times
It will never end because Democrats want you to stay afraid, and do what they say..but not what they do. If Florida has such a high rate why did Alexandria Cortez not wear a mask? Because what’s dictated for us is not for them.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:37 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If have 2 shots - get sick but recover quickly
If have 3- very mild illness- if any
If have 0 -possible hospital or even death.

Why is this so hard. Why ? Every variant changes the rules. I read one symptom of Omicron is heavy night sweats.
Generalizations, presumptions based on the narrative. You're not alone here, it's what they want everyone to think and it's often repeated, often mindlessly. The reality is the issues and facts around contracting an illness caused by a continuously mutating virus are waaaay too variable to have a one size fits all narrative applied to them.

The narrative flies in the face of the realities some of us have seen. I wouldn't repeat that narrative to the widow of a friend of ours who died of covid several weeks after his third "booster" vaccine. Or to our friend whose brother died shortly following his Pfizer vaccination, from blood clots and myocarditis. He was 54 and had no history of either blood clots or heart issues.

As well as the several other folks who, "fully vaccinated", contracted covid, though they recovered from it. Along with the few unvaccinated folks who got it, had mild symptoms they recovered from in a few days.

And many viral infections, respiratory and other illnesses are associated with waking up sweating at night.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:40 AM

366 posts, read 110,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yep. And the next step will be people with only 1 booster will be considered unvaccinated. And on and on ....

This is the final destruction of any unbiased and accurate data collection regarding patients with COVID. All numbers from here on out are fiction.

We've been predicting this for months, called every name in the book by posters on this board. And we were right. When are the others going to start PAYING ATTENTION to what is actually occurring??? When will they wake up?

Carry on.
The numbers on Media have been fiction from the start. No mention that the death number they promote is mostly in people with comorbidities...case numbers are driven by the same 30-40% that get tested weekly and throw up false positives for months after their initial infection

Old 01-02-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
When I started to get symptoms, I spent an hour on the internet searching that exact question. With the info I found, I was able to determine I had Omicron. Telling between Delta and Covid-19 might be tougher, but Omicron is much much milder than the other 2. I could have run in a 5K during Omicron...mild cold, that was it.
It may well be that you had a covid infection caused by the Omicron variant ( which would be good in that it likely has given you a good amount of natural immunity towards other covid critters). But it still begs the question, without testing ( results of which could be variable, admittedly), how would you know it's covid and not a common cold caused by another virus?

As I read it the symptoms can overlap, so I'm just wondering.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:54 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/31...tis-predicted/

CDC Now Treats Unvaccinated The Same As Un-Boosted, Just As DeSantis Predicted

The CDC is moving goalposts again, changing the definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ to include a third shot....
I will say this ... I wonder if the author/intern wrote the headline. Because it should be flipped - the "Un-Boosted treated as unvaccinated".

we did get new guidance for the school system and quarantining. Vaccinated kids don't have to for mere exposure....but vaccinated = "has as many shots as eligible for".

Old 01-02-2022, 07:59 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Well the CDC had good timing on their change of what they count.

No longer counting and reporting deaths they switched to counting and reporting cases instead.
Now everyone needs to test, test, test and so the high numbers still hit the MSM only they aren't deaths..but "positives".

Coincidence ? The CFR for the virus has gone from 6% in 2020 to 1.5% in 2021

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

Old 01-02-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelinnen View Post
The numbers on Media have been fiction from the start. No mention that the death number they promote is mostly in people with comorbidities...case numbers are driven by the same 30-40% that get tested weekly and throw up false positives for months after their initial infection
Then you have the variables of questionable/ inaccurate false positive or false negative test results for many of the test systems those in control were in such a tear to get out and in use among the public ( under Emergency Use Authorization) Makes it all rather meaningless, seems to me.

And I wonder how many of those in control, and the other millions of armchair "experts" ever even considered the package insert instructions included in each and every type of test out there, from the quickie antigen tests, to the PCR high complexity tests performed by trained laboratory personnel ( and some not so trained, they all wanted to get in on the covid testing federal gravy train). That is, to consider and interpret especially positive test results IN THE CONTEXT OF PATIENT's CLINICAL PICTURE, ie, patient symptoms. The cautionary comment in each and every antigen based test that a positive test alone did not mean the person had the disease, and a negative test alone did not mean the person did not have it, hence the correlation with the clinical picture. No, I think that correlation was mostly disregarded ( if the "experts" indeed ever bothered to read the manufacturer's literature on the test) in the frenzy to rack up statistical "cases".

Kinda makes me skeptical about the entire mass testing process on which these covid stats are based.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies