Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2022, 08:32 AM

8,410 posts, read 4,571,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Do you tolerate bat**** crazies on your property?

Suggesting the government is not doing everything they can in regards to investigating VAERS covid death reports when there is no evidence that they or the CDC is... Investigating ANY reports is bat**** crazy? That's the sort of thing that needs to be part of the public discussion. If it is not allowed, then we have a serious problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Twitter can do whatever they want. Its their site. If its against their agenda, they can delete, censor you or cancel your account. Whats the problem. I Dont understand why people dont get this. Its like some one stepping on your property, you tread lightly. On Twitter, you're on their property so to speak. Play by their rules, or play somewhere else.

Twitter bills itself as a new digital "town square", not some private club. If you open your property to the public and encourage discussion (by making it possible) but then squash what you don't like, well it's not the old fashioned town square they claim it to be and that should be made clear to everyone. You can't benefit from huge adoption and THEN impose censorship. That's is deceptive and slippery.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
VAERS relies on people to voluntarily report vaccine safety issues. It's not verified and often conservatives like Greene use that unverified information in misleading and sometimes outright false ways to prove it says something it does not say. They lie, in other words. That's what spreading misinformation means. I hear you can find her on Telegram though.

She was highlighting that it isn't verified and that it SHOULD be. And that information should be made public. Where there is smoke there is fire and until VAERS "smoke" is explained it must be assumed it is from a fire.

Old 01-03-2022, 08:41 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Why is any conservative still using Twitter or Facebook? Quit giving these Nazis business!

Old 01-03-2022, 09:12 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,067,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why is any conservative still using Twitter or Facebook? Quit giving these Nazis business!
Apparently that thought escapes our fellow conservatives.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:13 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Whether they're right or wrong is irrelevant. Just like you have a right to determine what's right or wrong on your property, so do they.

How can you be a conservative and argue against property rights?

I'm not.

I'm not even arguing that Twitter can't ban anyone they want.

I'm saying that if they keep doing so in an obviously biased way where they are basically a acting as a defacto propaganda wing of the Democrats.....there will end up being consequences.

They and other big tech companies are only going to be able to hide behind the "private company" shield for so long.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:17 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
A conservative arguing for regulation of a private enterprise just because they don't agree with them?

It's not what I'm arguing for.

It's what I'm predicting.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:30 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'm not.

I'm not even arguing that Twitter can't ban anyone they want.

I'm saying that if they keep doing so in an obviously biased way where they are basically a acting as a defacto propaganda wing of the Democrats.....there will end up being consequences.

They and other big tech companies are only going to be able to hide behind the "private company" shield for so long.
You're arguing semantics, bias. Which is arguable.

I'm a conservative, and I find MTG bat**** crazy and a detriment to our cause.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It's not what I'm arguing for.

It's what I'm predicting.
Big tech may get regulated in the end, but not because of their political bias, but rather antitrust.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:39 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
One of the most conservative members in Congress agrees with you and acted on it.

Every year, people resolve to do things that are better for their health — quitting alcohol, processed food, toxic relationships. I have come to the realization that my relationship with YouTube is dysfunctional.

Sure, I can get millions of views. But why should I allow anonymous “fact-checkers” to censor my fully sourced, fact-based content? They don’t want to challenge or debate me with opposing views, they just want my silence.

So today, I announce that I will begin an exodus from Big Tech. I will no longer post videos on YouTube unless it is to criticize them or announce that viewers can see my content on rumble.com.

Why begin with YouTube? Because they’re the worst censors.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...itting-youtube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies