Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 12:38 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,982,713 times

Advertisements

I haven't been on a plane in 45 years. I guess that answers the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 12:39 PM

7,102 posts, read 6,013,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why do people ask these questions when it comes to the vaccine, but never ask them when it comes to Covid?
Because, in the video, he calls himself a vaccine victim...

Old 01-02-2022, 12:49 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,681,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Because, in the video, he calls himself a vaccine victim...
There are victims of both Covid and the vaccine, yet nobody who is pro-vaccine ever asks the questions you posted with regard to Covid.

How do we know heart issues following Covid are Covid related? How do we know people who are said to have died from Covid actually died from Covid? According to three doctors I know, a lot of people died because they were put on ventilators with no attempt to reduce lung inflammation.

Do you see the point I'm trying to make?

Old 01-02-2022, 01:15 PM

8,123 posts, read 12,859,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
We live about 40 miles from the Florida-Alabama and spent many years trying to like the state because it would open up a bunch of weekend fun and cultural opportunities. But beneath the shiny polite surface there can be this vibe of ‘we get along because Those People Know Their Place’ and I’m not sure if the Mardi Gras Krewes there ever desegregated and their was this time we were standing in a line at the Foley outlet mall behind the local that was talking about how he needed to drown the kittens a stray cat was trying to raise on his property and the trash on the side of the roads…
Ah, now I understand. Since I am a white man I hadn't experienced that issue. I also don't spend a lot of time interacting with people on my visits; it is mostly for the scenery. I love northeast Alabama and Northwest Georgia and of course the Chattanooga area.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:27 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,915,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Ah, now I understand. Since I am a white man I hadn't experienced that issue. I also don't spend a lot of time interacting with people on my visits; it is mostly for the scenery. I love northeast Alabama and Northwest Georgia and of course the Chattanooga area.
I’m a white female married to a white dude whose most noteworthy branch of the family tree was the Union colonel who helped Sherman burn Atlanta. So there are definitely some differences of opinion on the War of Northern Aggression and all. We’d be glad if that did not somehow seem to still be a point of contention and all but some people just can’t let the Civil War go.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:30 PM

7,102 posts, read 6,013,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
There are victims of both Covid and the vaccine, yet nobody who is pro-vaccine ever asks the questions you posted with regard to Covid.

How do we know heart issues following Covid are Covid related? How do we know people who are said to have died from Covid actually died from Covid? According to three doctors I know, a lot of people died because they were put on ventilators with no attempt to reduce lung inflammation.

Do you see the point I'm trying to make?
No, because it's .0000001% of the population. Not "me and my pilot buddies"....

Old 01-02-2022, 01:50 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,255,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
Thankfully, I don't have any plans to fly in the future. This is SCARY!! Wondering if this is partly the reason for all the "callouts" these past few weeks...

https://thecovidworld.com/vaccine-in...g-chest-pains/
I have not flown since COVID and don't have any near future plans to travel by air in the future, but my feelings of safety generally improved commensurately to the number of drinks I had prior to boarding.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:54 PM

13,728 posts, read 4,996,493 times
I feel quite safe when flying. I've been vaccinated, and boosted, and everyone's wearing a mask. Why shouldn't I feel safe?

Old 01-02-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
I’m a white female married to a white dude whose most noteworthy branch of the family tree was the Union colonel who helped Sherman burn Atlanta. So there are definitely some differences of opinion on the War of Northern Aggression and all. We’d be glad if that did not somehow seem to still be a point of contention and all but some people just can’t let the Civil War go.
Ah again. Yes there are some backward people but I've found that to be in almost every state I visited. I took a little "heat" when I moved to Tennessee 30 something years ago regarding being a "Yankee" but people seemed to get over it.

Funny story though; my Dad was from Maine and he had an uncle that was a bit of a criminal. I didn't hear the whole story but it seems he found himself incarcerated in Georgia for a few years. The unfortunate thing was his surname; he was a "Sherman". Apparently, he had a rough time as this was back in the 1950's.

Old 01-02-2022, 02:25 PM

I am a currently inactive private pilot. I love flying myself and have no problem riding as a passenger on airlines.

I recently did a Christmas trip to see my Mom. I was somewhat concerned about the surge in "omnicron" that was being reported just before I left. I decided to go anyways. I made the trip and don't seem to have caught it. I always try to fly in first class due to my height; I find it uncomfortable in coach. My only concern on this trip was my delayed flight home causing a missed connection. They reassigned me to a coach middle seat. Luckily I talked to the gate agent and she moved me to a "comfort plus" seat that actually had MORE legroom than first class. I am thinking in the future I will book the same seat instead of first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies