Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 06:39 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,820,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump didn't shutdown the virus either... In fact, i would argue he has made the entire thing worse by stoking the fires of the antiscience conspiracy nutters. I mean he pushed MMS as a cure as well as Hydroxychloroquine. One was totally dangerous, the other largely unproven.
Your boy Joe is the one who promised to shut down the virus. Quit deflecting. Your boy failed and people died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 07:40 PM

38,933 posts, read 24,017,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Funny how you deflect to a man that hasn’t been POTUS for almost a year when the current POTUS said he had a plan to fix it.

As I recall, protocols were put in place but teachers didn’t want to go to work, but had the choice to do so. Too scared to go to work, get replaced. I’d love to see teachers that don’t want to work get automated out/replaced.
Please, like you, the poster I replied to and other Trump supporters wouldn't blame Obama for things Trump had to "fix" in his first two years in office. Hell, y'all still blame Obama ya hypocrites. Can't criticize me for saying Trump got us here when y'all cite Obama era mistakes...

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Actually, because Trump got the vaccine out ASAP, even through the hilarity of Dems impeachment process, and was one of the first ones vaccinated. Dems wouldn’t endorse the vaccine until after the election, and now they can’t get folks vaccinated, even though they promised a plan to quickly shut down the virus. Quite the tangled web they’ve woven for themselves, lol.
Lies. The first impeachment was prior to COVID being a story in America. Trump didn't really comment on COVID in a meaningful way until March 2020, a month after the first impeachment was voted down in the Senate. The second was only heard in the Senate after Biden was actually inaugurated.
The problem with the Democrats on the vaccine was that Trump was using the vaccine as a political issue. He wished he got it out not in December but October, right before the election. The Democrats were worried Trump rushed it out. Not necessarily because it was unfounded, but rather because Trump wanted it political for the middle of the road voters. He already appealed to the conspiracy nutters for years. Remember, many on here were antivax prior to the first shots in arm claiming it would chip us. They only virtue signaled to the Democrats because many of the conspiracy nutters were Trump voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Your boy Joe is the one who promised to shut down the virus. Quit deflecting. Your boy failed and people died.
So did Trump in February 2020, but let's not let facts get in the way of a partisan rant.

Last edited by mkpunk; 01-04-2022 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies