Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 07:27 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,714,341 times

Advertisements

Good on them, probably don't have to worry about loonies protesting such measures as being 'racist.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1986274.html

Quote:
A midwestern grocery chain has introduced its own in-house armed security team to act as a “visual deterrent” and manage in-store disturbances in a bid to curb retail theft.

Hy-Vee, in a statement last week, said it would hire its own in-house retail security team after working with third-party security contractors or off duty law enforcement for a long time.

“The goal with this team is to create a consistent look for the security team and consistent approach to customer service and security across all of stores,” it said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 07:31 AM

1,770 posts, read 719,336 times
How long before they are labeled a racist grocery?

Old 01-04-2022, 07:33 AM

19,084 posts, read 27,661,661 times
"visual deterrent" will be just that. Puff your cheeks, look important, DO NOT actively involve into any action. That's hiring scarecrows, with crows being smart and impudent enough to know it's a fake.
Mountain of lawsuits they will have will surmount Everest.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:46 AM

24,539 posts, read 17,284,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
"visual deterrent" will be just that. Puff your cheeks, look important, DO NOT actively involve into any action. That's hiring scarecrows, with crows being smart and impudent enough to know it's a fake.

I agree it is a "visual deterrent" because we all know if one of those security guards was to shoot someone for stealing a loaf of bread the Left would come down on that person and grind him into the ground especially if that shoplifter was a certain skin tone.

We saw what the Left, from the Oval office to the desk of CNN, did to a kid who was kicked to the ground and forced to defend himself with his rifle from a pounding and possible death...

If one of those lil darlings that are just stealing so they can eat that day gets so much as a skinned knee from tripping as they run from the store there will be law suits, boycotts and politicians stirring the pot as they try to earn brownie points and future votes.

On the other hand, at least the store is trying to do something where the elected refuse to.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:54 AM

30,087 posts, read 18,704,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
How long before they are labeled a racist grocery?
I actually know the majority share holder for Hy Vee. It is a very successful grocery chain that is far superior to most others around the country. Having lived in many areas around the US, I can say they are by far the best grocery chain. They are always very clean, well organized, and offer EVERYTHING, including fresh fish and seafood flown in daily from the coasts.

Hy Vee is a no nonsense organization that will not care if BLM and other race baiters attempt to "bully" them, as the people who buy groceries there won't give a rip.

Good old Iowa common sense. It was founded in Chariton, Iowa and has expanded throughout the midwest. It is employee owned, so the workers have some "skin" in the game. My friend started as a "bag boy" when he was a youngster and moved up the chain of command.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:53 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,987,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
...i guess you skimmed over 'and manage in-store disturbances'...every retail company has an in house 'loss prevention/security dept', nothing new...what's new is they will be "armed" and employee's of the company as opposed to third party enforcement...the legal ramifications are considerably less for the company not having a third party as their enforcement arm...

Old 01-04-2022, 10:59 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,083,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I actually know the majority share holder for Hy Vee. It is a very successful grocery chain that is far superior to most others around the country. Having lived in many areas around the US, I can say they are by far the best grocery chain. They are always very clean, well organized, and offer EVERYTHING, including fresh fish and seafood flown in daily from the coasts.

Hy Vee is a no nonsense organization that will not care if BLM and other race baiters attempt to "bully" them, as the people who buy groceries there won't give a rip.

Good old Iowa common sense. It was founded in Chariton, Iowa and has expanded throughout the midwest. It is employee owned, so the workers have some "skin" in the game. My friend started as a "bag boy" when he was a youngster and moved up the chain of command.
Meh. HyVee pales in comparison to Publix or Wegmans.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:58 PM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
I live in the South and I've seen armed security in a grocery store maybe once or twice. And many southern states have high crime rates (South Carolina, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Alabama, in particular). Armed security in grocery stores is strange to me. I've been into so many Publix stores. Never saw armed security.

Old 01-04-2022, 05:19 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,985,472 times
Is armed security allowed to use violence to stop theft? Has there ever been such a case?

Old 01-04-2022, 05:21 PM

25,882 posts, read 18,904,112 times
Good. I hope they arm them with M4s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies