Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 07:44 AM

17,679 posts, read 6,940,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The US hit a grim COVID-19 milestone Monday – with more than 1 million cases diagnosed as the highly contagious Omicron variant rages across the country.

A total of 1,082,549 COVID-19 cases were tallied Monday, a record high for the US since the pandemic began, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
Link: https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/01...-cases-n439162

It's a shame Biden was allowed to steal the election. We never would have seen this degree of disease and death under President Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 07:48 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,031,361 times
I agree this wouldn't have happened under Trump.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:51 AM

43,184 posts, read 18,329,147 times
How is testing positive "grim" ??

The majority of people testing positive are not getting hospitalized and are not dying.
The CFR has dropped from 6% to 1.5%

I checked FL and SC hospital data and covid patients are less than last year.

So what is "grim" about testing positive using a test that has a 20% chance of being wrong ?

Old 01-04-2022, 07:53 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,031,361 times
The real grim story, is that children are going to grow-up with heart conditions, some will be sterile, and cancers along with many other adverse effects of the vaccination forced onto them by leftists and pharmaceutical companies.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:54 AM

588 posts, read 225,671 times
Its probably 2M+. Everyone is testing positive with home tests and not reporting the positives and thats only if you can actually find a home test to take.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
How is testing positive "grim" ??

The majority of people testing positive are not getting hospitalized and are not dying.
The CFR has dropped from 6% to 1.5%

I checked FL and SC hospital data and covid patients are less than last year.

So what is "grim" about testing positive using a test that has a 20% chance of being wrong ?
We shouldn't even be testing in my opinion. Just stop testing like Obama did with H1N1. Worked like a charm. Unfortunately, the Democrats aren't finished trying to use the virus to advance their agenda.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:57 AM

5,863 posts, read 3,303,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1978 View Post
Its probably 2M+. Everyone is testing positive with home tests and not reporting the positives and thats only if you can actually find a home test to take.
Exactly. Tons of positives that will never go stand on hours long lines. My friend has it now. It has taken him a week and a half to get a test. No home tests available. No appointments available. Biden has not made this better. He crapped all over Trump yet he has done a worse job.

Old 01-04-2022, 07:59 AM

10,188 posts, read 11,174,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
We shouldn't even be testing in my opinion. Just stop testing like Obama did with H1N1. Worked like a charm. Unfortunately, the Democrats aren't finished trying to use the virus to advance their agenda.
Yup...

It's Political—been Political.

Rapids aren't even accurate either.

Got a sniffle - run and get tested!!!! Oh No—I might have the Covid.

Fear Mongering. This has been the Dems Game. Keep People living in fear.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Yup...

It's Political—been Political.

Rapids aren't even accurate either.

Got a sniffle - run and get tested!!!! Oh No—I might have the Covid.

Fear Mongering. This has been the Dems Game. Keep People living in fear.
After 2 years of this nonsense, you would think people would figure it out. Obviously not.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:03 AM

15,947 posts, read 12,302,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/01...-cases-n439162

It's a shame Biden was allowed to steal the election. We never would have seen this degree of disease and death under President Trump.
This thread is so silly. Yes we would have seen this degree of cases if Trump was president, and it's not Bidens fault case counts are high. I'm happy he's taken a more hands off attitude as of late...with his no more lockdowns speech. I will never get starting threads to criticize Democrats for covid case counts. We all know they'd mask up society, lock everyone at home, and do vaccine passports like other countries if they could get away with it. By starting threads like this it's like you are saying you want a dictatorial response like many other countries. I want the left to leave me alone, and as of late they have.

We will see how the supreme court handles the OSHA mandates. These mandates should be rescinded.

If you mean there would be less cases because we wouldn't be testing people randomly with less than reliable tests known to generate false positives, well I can see that argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies