Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 10:42 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,277,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What exactly would Trump have done that Biden has not, as it relates to GLOBAL shortages and inflation?
Why deflect to because Trump again in a Biden thread? Wasn’t Sleepy Joe the POTUS that was supposed to save us, bring unity, end the virus, and make everything better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 10:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,842,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
These are media induced shortages.

Headlines....no meat
Now we got a run on meat and there really is no meat

Headlines...no toilet paper
Headlines...no cream cheese
Headlines...no cat food

The media says jump and people jump, no questions asked.
There was short supply before but once the media tells people there isn't any the shelves become empty due to hoarding.

I have a friend that still has piles of TP packages FROM 2020 in her garage.
She must have spent hundreds of dollars stocking up.
I still have TP from my PRE- PANDEMIC stockpile. Same for paper towels and tissues.

I buy in huge quantities when the price is right.

I am fortunate to live in a cut- throat competitive grocery market, no brand loyalty and online and ad comparison shopping is a hobby.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:45 AM

17,486 posts, read 9,310,667 times
TeamBiden is an Equal Opportunity scapegoater - Eventually they will blame most anybody/everybody.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:47 AM

52,791 posts, read 34,700,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Why deflect to because Trump again in a Biden thread? Wasn’t Sleepy Joe the POTUS that was supposed to save us, bring unity, end the virus, and make everything better?
because the 'because trump' deflection is infinitely easier than defending the eggplant?
just guessing.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:48 AM

21,922 posts, read 25,263,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't be suckered by the "meat industry" lobbyists and their lies. They represent but four companies, not the industry, that have a near monopoly and are using it to lowball ranchers and farmers for hogs, cattle and poultry, eliminate competition by driving out small operations, and run up profits for themselves at the expense of consumers. Biden should be credited for trying to reverse this.

There was a time when Republicans were the party that fought monopolies and encouraged competitive capitalism. Apparently no more.
Yeah, and my guess is they aren't doing too bad. Still their goal is always the same, just maximize profits. Since the meat supply can't increase rapidly for many reasons (lack of chickens to kill, lack of illegals to process chickens, lack of logistics to deliver chickens) it's an easier problem to address from the demand side. E.g., eat less meat. For most people they'd be healthier for it.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:49 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,277,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
because the 'because trump' deflection is infinitely easier than defending the eggplant?
just guessing.
It’s truly amazing how Sleepy Joe made such promises, was supposed to be the savior from the big orange meanie, has made things as bad as many have ever seen, but a man that hasn’t been POTUS for almost a year is constantly deflected to, lol.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:52 AM

21,922 posts, read 25,263,270 times
Quote:
It’s truly amazing how Sleepy Joe made such promises, was supposed to be the savior from the big orange meanie, has made things as bad as many have ever seen, but a man that hasn’t been POTUS for almost a year is constantly deflected to, lol.
That's what politicians regardless of party do. Biden pontificating is really no different than Trump's pontificating. Remember when Trump declared 15, soon to be none? Yeah, pontificating. Wild pontificating. What did he did to make the 15 COVID cases go away and become none? Really nothing. What could he have done? Nothing. Why pontificate then? It's what politicians do.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:55 AM

6,760 posts, read 3,386,526 times
If Biden wants to find someone to blame all he has to do is look in the mirror and see the biggest incompetent failure in American history.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:57 AM

43,337 posts, read 18,466,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I still have TP from my PRE- PANDEMIC stockpile. Same for paper towels and tissues.

I buy in huge quantities when the price is right.

I am fortunate to live in a cut- throat competitive grocery market, no brand loyalty and online and ad comparison shopping is a hobby.
Right..I'm sure you buy years and years worth of TP all the time.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,842,017 times
Quote:
Why do you continue to deflect to because Trump in Biden threads? Wasn’t Sleepy Joe the POTUS that was supposed to save us, bring unity, end the virus, and make everything better?
Expecting any POTUS to “ save us” is a dereliction of responsibility for ourselves.

Nominees says all sorts of BS that the public wants to hear to get elected. People voted Biden for one primary reason. He was not Trump.

I held my nose both times and voted for Trump. I did so in 2020 solely for purposes of continuity in the midst of a global pandemic. Trump’s behaviors post his loss caused me to regret my last vote.

Both Trump and Biden viewed the vaccine as the cure for Covid. Neither anticipated the vocal minority who refused the vaccine. At the time, there was no Delta variant twice as contagious as the original virus and early variants and then Omicron, twice as contagious as Delta.

Neither anticipated the efficacy of vaccine would begin to wane at the 5-6 month mark.

Both supported Stimulus Programs and massive infrastructure spending.

Neither has a magic wand to make it all better.

I believe we have entered an era of one term presidents as the masses continue to expect a POTUS to save the them.

I am sincere in my quest for a response what specifically would Trump have done that Biden has not to eliminate GLOBAL shortages and inflation. Since this thread is about chicken, let’s focus on the price of chicken versus the profits of Big Chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies