Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 11:00 AM

43,478 posts, read 18,573,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Expecting any POTUS to “ save us” is a dereliction of responsibility for ourselves.

Nominees says all sorts of BS that the public wants to hear to get elected. People voted Biden for one primary reason. He was not Trump.

I held my nose both times and voted for Trump. I did so in 2020 solely for purposes of continuity in the midst of a global pandemic. Trump’s behaviors post his loss caused me to regret my last vote.

Both Trump and Biden viewed the vaccine as the cure for Covid. Neither anticipated the vocal minority who refused the vaccine. At the time, there was no Delta variant twice as contagious as the original virus and early variants and then Omicron.

Neither anticipated the efficacy of vaccine would begin to wane at the 5-6 month mark.

Both supported Stimulus Programs and massive infrastructure spending.

Neither has a magic wand to make it all better.

I believe we have entered an era of one term presidents as the masses continue to expect a POTUS to save the them.
And that makes you part of the problem. Wake up.
If you don't like D and don't like R then vote for a third party candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 11:01 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,308,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
That's what politicians regardless of party do. Biden pontificating is really no different than Trump's pontificating. Remember when Trump declared 15, soon to be none? Yeah, pontificating. Wild pontificating. What did he did to make the 15 COVID cases go away and become none? Really nothing. What could he have done? Nothing. Why pontificate then? It's what politicians do.
Nah, folks insisted Sleepy Joe was going to save the country from the big orange meanie, believed he had a plan to end the virus, etc…, and now that he’s made/making things worse than many have ever seen, they deflect to because Trump. Folks that voted for Sleepy Joe need to own it versus crying about and deflecting to a man that hasn’t been POTUS for almost a year. After all, with plummeting approval ratings, many have admitted their mistake.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Expecting any POTUS to “ save us” is a dereliction of responsibility for ourselves.

Nominees says all sorts of BS that the public wants to hear to get elected. People voted Biden for one primary reason. He was not Trump.

I held my nose both times and voted for Trump. I did so in 2020 solely for purposes of continuity in the midst of a global pandemic. Trump’s behaviors post his loss caused me to regret my last vote.

Both Trump and Biden viewed the vaccine as the cure for Covid. Neither anticipated the vocal minority who refused the vaccine. At the time, there was no Delta variant twice as contagious as the original virus and early variants and then Omicron.

Neither anticipated the efficacy of vaccine would begin to wane at the 5-6 month mark.

Both supported Stimulus Programs and massive infrastructure spending.

Neither has a magic wand to make it all better.

I believe we have entered an era of one term presidents as the masses continue to expect a POTUS to save the them.
Except this is another thread about Sleepy Joe, he promised a plan, was going to save us, etc…, he’s done nothing of the sort, we’re seeing the consequences of making him POTUS, and you’re once again deflecting to because Trump. Why the deflection to because Trump in another Sleepy Joe thread?

Old 01-04-2022, 11:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,884,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Right..I'm sure you buy years and years worth of TP all the time.
No need to buy all the time, given the perpetual stockpile. Last time I bought was 2019.

Figure I will need to replenish the supply at some point, later this year.

Don’t get me started on my stockpile of pasta and canned tomatoes.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,884,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except this is another thread about Sleepy Joe, he promised a plan, was going to save us, etc…, he’s done nothing of the sort, we’re seeing the consequences of making him POTUS, and you’re once again deflecting to because Trump. Why the deflection to because Trump in another Sleepy Joe thread?
I see. I did not realize this was just another blame throwing pile on thread. Thought it was about Big Chicken being called out for price gouging. My bad.

Short of instituting a Wage/ Price freeze by EO as Nixon did in 1970 and/ or capping or banning the export of food, I am at a loss what Biden could do. What am I missing?

I personally don’t care who sits the oval or which party control the majority. I tend to see commonality rather than difference.

The Federal Government does not control the means of production.

POTUS does not have a magic wand.

It’s rather sad that so many expect any POTUS to make it all better.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I see. I did not realize this was just another blame throwing pile on thread. My bad.

Short of instituting a Wage/ Price freeze by EO as Nixon did in 1970 and/ or capping or banning the export of food, I am at a loss what Biden could do. What am I missing?

I personally don’t care who sits the oval or which party control the majority. I tend to see commonality rather than difference.

The Federal Government does not control the means of production.

POTUS does not have a magic wand.

It’s rather sad that so many expect any POTUS to make it all better.
And still has nothing to do with a Sleepy Joe thread, but I do understand folks can’t get because Trump out of their minds and feel the need to deflect from so many Sleepy Joe debacles.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:20 AM

53,021 posts, read 34,841,490 times
Quote:
it's not about 'saving us'. it's about not screwing up so badly in the first place.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:25 AM

53,021 posts, read 34,841,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
That's what politicians regardless of party do. Biden pontificating is really no different than Trump's pontificating. Remember when Trump declared 15, soon to be none? Yeah, pontificating. Wild pontificating. What did he did to make the 15 COVID cases go away and become none? Really nothing. What could he have done? Nothing. Why pontificate then? It's what politicians do.
xoe's promise was not pontification or speculation. it was a flat statement. one made many times.

12+ Times Biden Promised He Had a Plan to 'Shut Down the Virus'

Old 01-04-2022, 11:34 AM

29,761 posts, read 14,825,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
These are media induced shortages.

Headlines....no meat
Now we got a run on meat and there really is no meat

Headlines...no toilet paper
Headlines...no cream cheese
Headlines...no cat food

The media says jump and people jump, no questions asked.
There was short supply before but once the media tells people there isn't any the shelves become empty due to hoarding.

I have a friend that still has piles of TP packages FROM 2020 in her garage.
She must have spent hundreds of dollars stocking up.
Did that with ammo back in the 2000's. Haven't had to buy any since, other than a small box or two of personal protection ammo as I replace old with new.

Old 01-04-2022, 02:51 PM

17,885 posts, read 13,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
because the 'because trump' deflection is infinitely easier than defending the eggplant?
just guessing.
Well gee, when Trump took over he said things were "a mess" and anything that was wrong was Obama's fault. Good thing that things were a "well oiled machine" when Biden took over, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies