Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 11:55 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,634,180 times

Advertisements

welp, another George Soros appointed district attorney is getting straight to work in another major American city

This is going to end well...

Manhattan DA to stop seeking prison sentences in slew of criminal cases
https://nypost.com/2022/01/04/manhat...in-some-cases/

Manhattan’s new district attorney has ordered his prosecutors to stop seeking prison sentences in a slew of criminal cases, according to a set of progressive policies made public Tuesday.

In his first memo to staff on Monday, Alvin Bragg said his office “will not seek a carceral sentence” except with homicides and a handful of other cases, including domestic violence felonies, some sex crimes and public corruption.

“This rule may be excepted only in extraordinary circumstances based on a holistic
analysis of the facts, criminal history, victim’s input (particularly in cases of
violence or trauma), and any other information available,” the memo reads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 12:02 PM

4,654 posts, read 4,092,885 times
People have to live with the consequences of their vote.

My Uncle and his fam live in Long Island...they are good-hearted people, but as dyed-in-the-wool left as they come. I have always avoided talking politics with them, and vice versa, as they know I am GOP for life, but I do wonder if they are starting to have some small inkling of how proudly misguided they have been.

If not, will they learn at the point of some thug's gun? I hope not.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:05 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,514,480 times
No question many state prisons are beyond capacity and a serious financial drain.

Beyond time to seriously pursue offshoring convicted criminals to countries that can do it at less cost.

Without consequences, LE is spinning their wheels.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:13 PM

24,297 posts, read 17,004,764 times
I watched "Serpico" last night. The movie featured a crime ridden NYC with corrupt cops that AL Pacino's character Serpico was trying to bring down.

Watching it I noted that it probably could not be made today because every single criminal was black but in 1973 I guess that was the way it was?

I'd suggest that this new DA watch this movie and another classic "The Warriors" to remind himself what will happen if he stops prosecuting criminals. Another one to watch would be "Escape from New York". The Dems seem keen on spiraling the city into oblivion.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:16 PM

15,696 posts, read 9,437,309 times
Remove the drug offenders from jail and house real, actual criminals. Seems simple enough

Old 01-04-2022, 12:17 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,575,005 times
This is after he promised to not even prosecute certain crimes anymore.

https://www.alvinbragg.com/declination

Includes turnstile jumping (who needs to pay anymore?), trespass, driving with a suspended license, disorderly conduct, prostitution, resisting arrest, obstructing government administration.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:20 PM

37,837 posts, read 21,936,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
welp, another George Soros appointed district attorney is getting straight to work in another major American city

This is going to end well...

Manhattan DA to stop seeking prison sentences in slew of criminal cases
https://nypost.com/2022/01/04/manhat...in-some-cases/

Manhattan’s new district attorney has ordered his prosecutors to stop seeking prison sentences in a slew of criminal cases, according to a set of progressive policies made public Tuesday.

In his first memo to staff on Monday, Alvin Bragg said his office “will not seek a carceral sentence” except with homicides and a handful of other cases, including domestic violence felonies, some sex crimes and public corruption.

“This rule may be excepted only in extraordinary circumstances based on a holistic
analysis of the facts, criminal history, victim’s input (particularly in cases of
violence or trauma), and any other information available,” the memo reads.
It's like they have an agenda to break down our society, starting with nullify our criminal justice laws. What better way to break down a society by instilling fear in the population from a lawless, crime infested city.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:20 PM

5,851 posts, read 3,271,377 times
Well then you will see police just no make arrests. What is the point? Waste of time.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,514,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
welp, another George Soros appointed district attorney is getting straight to work in another major American city.[/i]
No question a Democrat was going to win this race.

Looks like Bragg received a major donation from the Color of Change PAC, not Soros.

Not seeking convictions and avoiding incarcerations for non violent crime, is not going to end well.

I appreciate state prisons all over the US are beyond capacity. And the cost to sustain prisons is a huge financial drain.

No reason why incarceration of non violent offenders could not be outsourced to other states where the cost of incarceration is substantially lower.

As for violent criminals, why not ship them to countries with cheap labor to be caged for life.

If there are no consequences, LE is wasting their time.

Old 01-04-2022, 12:31 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,059,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Remove the drug offenders from jail and house real, actual criminals. Seems simple enough
Capital punishment for real, actual violent and especially repeat violent criminals. Even simpler. The revolving doors of justice swing wayyyy too easily for these losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies