Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:31 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I’ll admit I have mixed feelings toward pit bulls my boyfriend had two males and after I got over being scared, they were really quite lovable but once we had a bad yelling match and one of them jumped on him. Didn’t bite him but he knocked him down and stood over growling for a while. I realized then that if it had really attacked him there wasn’t much I could do to get him off short of killing it. We put them down shortly after that but in general they were good dogs.

Bravo. You MURDERED 2 dogs for the crime of being LOYAL.

How do you sleep at night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_mommy View Post
It's not always so simplistic. My husband and children were riding their bikes in our neighborhood (which consists of fenced in dogs and a strict leash law) when they were attacked by two pit bulls. The dogs didn't care that they were on bikes. My husband fought back the dogs with his bike as my kids were able to ride off. The dogs came from the woods at the back of our subdivision. I have heard that the dogs have since been put down. How many times have you heard stories of people out for a walk with their child or small dog and have been attacked by a pit bull? It happens often and isn't because people aren't "watching over" over their children or pets. The dogs will hunt their prey. I love animals, I have three dogs of my own but something has to be done about this breed.
ANY unsupervised dog wold have done the same thing.

Blame the negligent owners, not the breed.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Try not to allow facts to cloud your emotions....

If a dog has a big head it is a pitbull,no matter what breed it is..
That is absolutely the dumbest thing I have EVER heard in my LIFE.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
While the problem of vicious dogs rages on more and more children lose their lives or are disfigured from an attack. I firmly believe the best way to handle the situation is to force every dog owner, (maybe every pet owner), to register their pet with local governments and force mandatory liability insurance on every dog owner.

In the long term we need to prosecute the owners of dogs that commit vicious acts in order to do that we need to microchip every dog to identify the proper owner.
Every pet owner is already required to license their pet.

Microchipping is already done at most shelters.

Liability ins. won't make a difference - most victims are attacked by stray and/or unlicensed and/or unsupervised dogs.

And the "innocent child" argument is crap - all the articles I've read involve unsupervised children as well.

If Person A actually paid attention to their dog, and Person B actually paid attention to their child, this whole debate would be a non-issue.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:19 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
That is absolutely the dumbest thing I have EVER heard in my LIFE.
I was actually pointing out the ignorance of most people when it comes to this particular type of dog...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies