Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 09:14 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, good chance its a duck...this is an informal web forum, not a court of law
asking posters to support their claims happens on informal web forums pretty regularly.

I thought that's what political discussions were all about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump cancelled his Jan. 6, 2022, news conference. All because of a release of emails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2022, 09:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=uxbndlbing

Pretty cool release. Emails already handed over to the committee by others. Hannity knew stuff was going to happen before Jan. 6, 2021
I didn't understand that Hannity KNEW something was going to happen but I didn't get the sense he FEARED that something might happen.

Old 01-04-2022, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Trump has now cancelled his Jan. 6 news conference. Seems that a lot of information coming from emails they already have. Trump now afraid to answer press questions.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ot-anniversary
AND -- I'm not sure these e-mails are the only reason Trump was cancelling.

He announced the speaking engagement on that day to 'honor' or 'remember' January 6th some time ago. Conservative pundits started the narrative that any kind of 'ceremony' to honor or 'remember' this day was not necessary given it was no big deal.

I think Trump is cancelling because if he spoke on that day it acknowledges the events of that day as being significant.

Old 01-04-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The odds aren't great that Hannity will appear before the committee, he's a great American!
Not sure he needs to go before the committee. He's not denying the text. They were part of the package Meadows offered up to the committee.

Damage is done.

I do not think any of this confirms any criminality with Trump on January 6th....but it clearly indicates that there were very serious concerns about the day before it happened, during the events, and not long after by those who were noted for being avid supporters of Trump.

Old 01-04-2022, 09:34 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
AND -- I'm not sure these e-mails are the only reason Trump was cancelling.

He announced the speaking engagement on that day to 'honor' or 'remember' January 6th some time ago. Conservative pundits started the narrative that any kind of 'ceremony' to honor or 'remember' this day was not necessary given it was no big deal.

I think Trump is cancelling because if he spoke on that day it acknowledges the events of that day as being significant.

I also heard on tv, that he would be getting no live media coverage, not even from FOX. That probably had more to with it than anything else.

Old 01-04-2022, 09:38 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Trump has now cancelled his Jan. 6 news conference. Seems that a lot of information coming from emails they already have. Trump now afraid to answer press questions.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ot-anniversary
He shouldn't speak about it anyway unless it was to condemn it. But of course that wasn't was his speech was going to be about.

Old 01-04-2022, 09:53 PM

18,559 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
One of the craziest things out of all this is the fact that Fox newscasters are testing the president and his white house cabinet advice, and they are responding. Why is that accepted.
Presumably, because there's nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-05-2022, 04:05 AM

426 posts, read 177,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, good chance its a duck...this is an informal web forum, not a court of law
True, this is not a court of law, but I still expect people to back up the claims they make on an informal forum. Thousands of people read these posts and we do not want to be responsible for spreading “misinformation,” right? What does emails being released have to do with Trump deciding not to do a press conference? The point is nonsensical. So what if emails are released? You honestly believe there is something of significance? If there was, it would have been leaked.

I think Trump pulled out of the press conference to not give January 6 as any significance. This whole thing is absurd when the riots throughout the summer of 2020 were completely ignored and called mostly peaceful by the main stream media. Only the delusional believe January 6 was significant.

Old 01-05-2022, 04:13 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Whole thing is bull****. One person died as a direct result of this incident. And it was an unarmed female shot by law enforcement. The rest of it was on par with BLM and all the other ass clown riots, like “summer of love” and the 10-14-21 insurrection. It’s all a vendetta against 45 and republicans. Nothing more. It’s pure butt hurt over 2016. I hope these commie scumbags are crushed in 2022, I really do. They’re all disgusting wastes of life.

Old 01-05-2022, 04:18 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Leftists are unhinged and this "committee" is a joke.

I get that leftists and Liz Cheney are hellbent on seeing this clown show through as a means of hurting Trump (even though the evidence they've been releasing recently actually doesn't help them), though, but I ask sane people if they really expect a political committee to come to a different conclusion than the actual law enforcement agency charged with investigating the riot did?

The unhinged "theory" is that Trump and his pals intentionally orchestrated and organized the violence. But the texts, FBI investigation, etc., all disprove that.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...r-a-jan-6-plot

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fbi-...153636457.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies