Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 08:29 AM

8,764 posts, read 5,055,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
What a joke. "I was sitting around the kitchen table and my wife's friend said meat was really expensive."

Liar. His homespun "Scranton Joe" stories are BS. You live in the White House. You don't sit around a kitchen table talking about the grocery store and what's going on down at the mill. ... and last but not least you don't have friends. You've ruined the country, you're a mean old man, you're afraid of everything and walk your dog on the beach wearing a mask so NO, none of that happened.

Son, senile and phony are no way to go through life.
No......I believe he was sitting around the kitchen table. You don`t really think he has anything to do in the White House other then photo opts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2022, 08:29 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
This post is a good example of why the "elite" don't get it. She may be paying over $5/lb for her hamburger, but that hamburger that you are NOW paying $3.99 just a few months ago was likely around $2.99/lb.

By your own statement of calling someone an elite because they don't want hamburgers in a lump, you are also one of those "lazy elites". Because you still buy cakes and frozen dinners instead of making them yourself for less.
Groceries are not up all that much by me and I am the one that does most of the grocery shopping. Lots of odd shortages. Was pasta sauce for a while. Now its cat food. Still have the 2.99 sales on London Broil. Still find chicken at 2.99 a pound. Still have the store brand butter at a 1.99 every third week.

Gas is up.
Lumber is up. Again after dropping in the fall.
Steel is way up.
Most people don't buy these things directly on a regular basis.

PS I called her an elite because she is a friend of the Bidens.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:31 AM

23,585 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
What a joke. "I was sitting around the kitchen table and my wife's friend said meat was really expensive."

Liar. His homespun "Scranton Joe" stories are BS. You live in the White House. You don't sit around a kitchen table talking about the grocery store and what's going on down at the mill. ... and last but not least you don't have friends. You've ruined the country, you're a mean old man, you're afraid of everything and walk your dog on the beach wearing a mask so NO, none of that happened.

Son, senile and phony are no way to go through life.
yep.

His only claim to fame while president is that hotdogs were .16 cents cheaper, he should have told his wife's friend to eat them instead of burgers.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:34 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
can always grind it yourself

Also, raise the cow yourself. There's always a solution.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:38 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Talk about out of touch but then again when was the last time ol Joe went to a grocery store or pumped his own gas? It has probably been decades.

Shouldn't his people keep him up to date on what is going on in America and rising food prices is a big part of that but then again he thinks the border is secured...

Are you kidding? Joe drills his own oil. He learned how to do it when he lead a roughneck crew in Oklahoma in the 1800's That's where he picked up the nickname - Oily Joe.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:39 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Wait for the narrative from the Dems to come out that spins high inflation and the cost of meat as a 'good thing'.

Because meat is so expensive people won't be able to afford to buy it, so fewer people eating meat - and that's a 'good thing', right?

Gotta stay one step ahead of events to spin them.
Bingo. The illuminati are absolutely on a mission to 'guide' us away from eating meat. Look no further than Bill and Melinda Gates who are quietly buying up hundreds of thousands of acres of farmland. He says it's all about advancing sustainable farming and seed development but there's more to it.

https://www.growingproduce.com/farm-...much-farmland/

"A spokesperson for Cascade Investment — a firm chaired and controlled by Bill Gates, and possibly what he was referring to as “my investment group” on Reddit — declined to comment on specific land holdings at the time. However, they told The Land Report that Cascade is “very supportive of sustainable farming.”

The firm is a shareholder in plant-based protein companies Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods, as well as agricultural equipment maker John Deere."

It's no secret that the elite believe they know what's best for us and we just need to change even if it means market manipulation, legislation and cultural retraining.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:48 AM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Are you kidding? Joe drills his own oil. He learned how to do it when he lead a roughneck crew in Oklahoma in the 1800's That's where he picked up the nickname - Oily Joe.
He was driving a long-haul semi across Pennsylvania in 1859 when he stopped in Titusville to grab a plant-based Bourbon steak at Applebee's. They were sold out of their signature entree so he went out in the woods fer t'shootin at some food and up from the ground came a bubblin crude.

And this is how TatoJoe remembers the discovery of oil in America.

Old 01-05-2022, 09:03 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Wait for the narrative from the Dems to come out that spins high inflation and the cost of meat as a 'good thing'.

Because meat is so expensive people won't be able to afford to buy it, so fewer people eating meat - and that's a 'good thing', right?

Gotta stay one step ahead of events to spin them.
Wait for it? That was the narrative about 6 months ago.

The inflation narrative in 2021 was:
-It's not real
-ok it's real but temporary
-real, temporary but good for you and only hurts the 1%ers (#anti-science)
-real, temporary, caused by greedy companies (Kroger's 2% profit margin)

Old 01-05-2022, 09:05 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,232,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wait for it? That was the narrative about 6 months ago.

The inflation narrative in 2021 was:
-It's not real
-ok it's real but temporary
-real, temporary but good for you and only hurts the 1%ers (#anti-science)
-real, temporary, caused by greedy companies (Kroger's 2% profit margin)
That the topic is about meat, not just inflation.

Old 01-05-2022, 09:30 AM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times
"I was sitting out on the park bench the other day when my grandpop grabbed my ear and said 'Joey baby, 'dem beef prices are arising, you best get a job where you can free load of the public. And have yerself a boy of yer own to shake down foreign leaders.'"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies